Fun and unique date idea...

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:01 pm
Ok im bored with the whole "dinner and a movie" thing. I live in a smaller town were there is not a ton to do, but I need some good unique ideas for me and my wife to go on dates for. Anybody have some good ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,920 • Replies: 26
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:03 pm
Fly to Paris for the week end.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:06 pm
How about a camp-out? You could bring a cooler of food and drinks, roast marshmallows, do it out under the stars . . . yeah, that's the ticket.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:08 pm
A camp-out or a picnic is always nice. Are there elephant rides in your area? That's always exciting.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:09 pm
kickycan- I was thinking along your lines....but how about an elegant cookout...linen tablecloth, champagne, fabulous food?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:13 pm
Bull riding.

You take your wife for a drive and find the nearest field with a large animal in it - if it be a bull, excellent, if not a large sheep will do.

Don't forget to bring the video camera and post the result here for all of us to see.

When it's all over you two will be so exhilarated to have survived that you will be laughing as you rub ointment into all bruises and cuts all over each others bodies.

Have fun!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:24 pm
Visit an emu farm and peck back at them!
0 Replies

thehusband

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:42 pm
Ok the Paris trip is a little steep, however I love the camping idea. I will def have to try that... but I need one for tonight! Smile I would like to do something we can spend time talking at.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:55 pm
Scrabble?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:57 pm
Why don't you just go somewhere and "park"?
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 02:04 pm
Miniature golf? Or a trip to a local zoo?
Do you both like the outdoors, where a hike would be nice?
My wife and I took dance lessons for a while--you might consider starting this or some other hobby together (make sure it's TOGETHER).
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:40 pm
Re: Fun and unique date idea...
thehusband wrote:
Ok im bored with the whole "dinner and a movie" thing. I live in a smaller town were there is not a ton to do, but I need some good unique ideas for me and my wife to go on dates for. Anybody have some good ideas?

I know just where your coming from - this is what my guy and I came up with....(catching my breath)
1. If you have a venue, like for example a university (college) that has a "Season" of events like - (our season so far...)
.....Live Music (we've seen St. Petersburg Capella Choir, Itzhak Perlman, Paco de Lucia, Murray Perahia and Willy Nelson)
.....Dance (we've seen Mikhail Baryshnikov and Stephen Petronic Company)
.....Theater (we've seen Let's Eat and The Junebug Symphony)
.....Spoken Word (we've seen Michael Cunningham and Art Spiegelman)
2. Live Sports Events
Nothings better than rooting for your favorite sports team in person. (We attend basketball games and some football games.)
3. The lovely getaway to the B & B. Sometimes a fireplace, a porch with a view, a private spot to nest for a night and room service can be fun.
Best of all, try something new - it's refreshing and it gives you something to share, which is why its so fun! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:13 pm
When all else fails, take a long walk! Very Happy It costs you nothing, makes you feel good & you see things very differently than when you're riding past them in a car. And you'll feel virtuous, too! Very Happy
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:20 pm
Olga, Olga, Olga (my fellow cat lover of whom I only have the profoundest respect for!)
He said "unique" not booorrring. :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:25 pm
But it isn't boring, samantha! Laughing
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:27 pm
Okay, you win - it's not boooooorring! Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:33 pm
You're much too obliging, samantha. Laughing If really depends on WHO you're walking with & WHERE you're working. I manage to do little bits of shopping therapy as I go, visit the pet shop & say hello to the critters, stop for a latte, pick cuttings for my garden, drop into the thrift shop .... etc, etc ...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:35 pm
... plus talk to heaps of cats sunning themselves in the foot paths & their front verandahs! Does that sound a bit more like it, samantha? Very Happy
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:07 pm
Olga, my friend - You are TRULY blessed if your guy enjoys that walk with you. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :wink:
I learned to be obliging from my cats - they go with the flow....now I do. Embarrassed
And yes, visiting the furry neighbors is always a treat! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:13 pm
samantha&angie wrote:
Olga, my friend - You are TRULY blessed if your guy enjoys that walk with you. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :wink:

I hate to disappoint you, samantha, but I only walk with friends. Actually, my last, long term "romantic interest" caused so much angst that this was what started me walking in the first place! Very Happy Great tension reliever! Very Happy
0 Replies