Mail Order Bride

Pitter

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:04 pm
Has anyone had experience with mail-order-bride, meeting a foreigner on the net or foreign matrimonial agencies?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 914 • Replies: 11
No top replies

msolga

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:13 pm
Not me personally, Pitter. But a brother of a close friend of mine "met" his Malaysian wife of now 20 years through an agency. They corresponded by mail for a bit, met, married & a now a comfortable established couple. Smile
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:52 am
Yes I'd say after twenty years they're pretty "established".
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:26 pm
Yep, just another old, bickering couple, like any other! Laughing
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:35 pm
If I were available. I'd like to find a good old fashioned Muslim man to marry. The kind of guy who would make me wear a burka, whom I could bear many children for, drive me everywhere I go, be subservient to, be one of the girls in his harem...a real man of my dreams.

I thought you were married Pitter. Confused
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:39 pm
Actually, the part about not working and getting driven around sounds pretty good, doglover. Would I still have to cook? Wink
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 06:25 pm
Doglover (and I'm one too) I am married. Do you see a conflict of interest in my raising the topic?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 06:32 pm
Pitter

I once did an internet search on "Ukraine" ... being of Ukrainian descent & all ... What did I get: A zillion potential mail order brides! Shocked It seemed just about every attractive Ukrainian woman wanted to marry a foreigner!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:01 pm
A man I knew just slightly had trouble attracting a bride. He disappeared and brought back a non English speaking woman from a latin American country. From what I observed they got along pretty well, each using gestures and other forms of sign language to communicate. How long it lasted, if at all, I can't say.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:21 pm
Pitter wrote:
Doglover (and I'm one too) I am married. Do you see a conflict of interest in my raising the topic?

I'm just havin' fun here Pitter. No conflict of interest that I can see.

Eva....yeah, I'm afraid to say it but you will have to cook. Never pork though. Mr. Green
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:05 pm
Well doglover, you'd be around plenty of T and A.... Very Happy

(toes and ankles)
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:09 pm
There's quite a list on aarens.com. but with postage what it is these days I guess there can't be much of a market.

I had a girlfriend once who said her boyfriend before me was Iranian, said she wasn't allowed to ride in the front seat of his car. She said it was hilarious.
0 Replies