The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 01:57 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Justice Department Grants Linked to Cop-killing Rap Video

Doesn't surprise me. Again, there is not a low this administration will not sink to.

Jeez, I wouldn't go that far, cj.

I doubt, for instance, that they would sink as low as the far-right conservatives in this country have sunk.

giujohn

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 03:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I doubt, for instance, that they would sink as low as the far-right conservatives in this country have sunk.

Interesting...and your prime example would be...?(just to know where you set the bar)
coldjoint

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 03:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
that they would sink as low as the far-right conservatives in this country have sunk.

Give us an example of what the right has done that is worse than race baiting.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:27 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Interesting...and your prime example would be...?(just to know where you set the bar)

The racial segregation of the American south (particularly during the 1940's, 50's and 60's...was completely initiated and maintained by far-right conservatives. Things don't get much lower that the crap that went on in the segregated south. (This is gonna be fun!)
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:27 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
that they would sink as low as the far-right conservatives in this country have sunk.

Give us an example of what the right has done that is worse than race baiting.

Much greater race baiting. See above.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:46 pm
More racist brutality by NYPD Thugs-in-Blue, for dancing in the street
“What are you dancin’ in the street for? What the f**k is wrong with you?” barks the NYPD cop as he assaults a man for dancing.

By Matt Agorist * The Free Thought Project * December 29, 2014

New York, NY — A harmless and humorous dance challenge by TV personality Ellen Degeneres, goes brutally awry after the NYPD gets involved.

Ellen’s #DanceDares have brought humor and laughter to so many people, until now. The premise for the #DanceDare is simple, dance behind someone without them noticing.

Most of these interactions simply make people smile, or at worst walk away. However, when YouTube personality, Alexander BOK attempted this playful stunt behind an NYPD officer, he was accosted and assaulted.

Accosted and assaulted for dancing in the street on Christmas Eve.
In what looks more like a gang bullying than a police detainment, BOK is immediately thrown up against the NYPD van while a hand clinches his neck – for dancing.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/york-man-detained-choked-thrown-ground-nypd-dancing-street/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 06:05 pm
Cop Kills Purple Heart Recipient, Didn’t Turn on Body Camera
4:48 PM 12/29/2014

Two Utah police officers responded to a call that an army sergeant had cut himself stepping on glass. They left with the man in a bodybag, a tragic death that could impact police departments across Utah.

A Tooele County Deputy shot and killed an army veteran after responding to a 911 call for medical help Sunday, local news channel KSL reported. Authorities are investigating the shooting that left the Iraq veteran and purple heart recipient, Nicholas McGehee, dead after the deputy fired three shots at him.

The officer is on administrative leave.

Jared Garcia, a lieutenant in the Utah department of Public Safety, is investigating the case. He told The Daily Caller News Foundation that McGehee ignored multiple commands to put down a gun. McGehee then pointed the gun at an officer before he was shot.

The officer in question had a body camera, but it was off. Garcia told TheDCNF that he has not interviewed the officer yet, but his understanding is that the officer thought he turned on his camera.
5 Easy Breakfasts To Give Your Kids Energy They NeedPottery Barn Kids
Celebrities We Lost Respect For In 2013MadameNoire
15 Cool Siblings In Hollywood You DIDN'T Know AboutRefinery29
by Taboola
Sponsored Links

Garcia said because the call was originally for medical assistance, the camera was off when the officer arrived. Officers don’t turn on their cameras for medical calls to protect people’s privacy.

Simple policies like this, though, can have a big impact in the largely uncharted territory of body cameras. Body cameras have become a hot topic with recent Ferguson and other high profile police killings that drew national outrage. Counties across the country are trying out body cameras as a solution to this problem, but cases like McGehee’s raise new questions.

Who should write body camera policies? Should they be uniform? What are the penalties for failing to comply?

Garcia said only a few agencies are using body cameras in Utah. Those that use them are in test stages and still forming their polices. Garcia said McGehee’s death will add to the conversation as Utah departments form their policies.

“Most agencies that are using them are in the testing phase and are trying to form those policies,” Garcia told TheDCNF. “When these things happen departments are going to take notice, and look at their policies make sure they are appropriate for every situation.”

The cost of cameras varies widely, as do the capabilities. Then comes questions about how much video to retain and for how long. Authorities will begin to answer important questions like these in 2015, and cases like McGehee’s will not be far from their minds.

Follow Casey on Twitter

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 06:08 pm
Autopsy Report Shows Man Shot 3 Times by Los Angeles Police

LOS ANGELES — Dec 29, 2014, 5:06 PM ET

By TAMI ABDOLLAH Associated Press

An autopsy report shows that a 25-year-old black man killed in a confrontation with Los Angeles police this summer was shot three times, including the right side, back and right arm.

The coroner's report was released Monday. It had been ordered withheld by police for months to avoid tainting potential witness statements.

Ezell Ford was unarmed when police confronted him on a street near his home. Officers said they tried to speak to him but ended up in a struggle and shot him when he tried to grab an officer's gun. The autopsy says a muzzle imprint was found around the back wound and coroner's investigators noted abrasions to Ford's left hand, forearm and elbow.

Ford's parents have filed a civil rights lawsuit and $75 million claim against the city.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-report-shows-man-shot-times-los-angeles-27886062
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 06:10 pm
Whistleblowing officer makes tape of top cop ordering stop-and-frisks of black males
Officer Pedro Serrano began taping his superior officer Deputy Inspector Christopher McCormack after he was given a poor performance review. Serrano alleges it was the result of him not meeting his summonses quotas and he wanted evidence to show he was being unfairly treated.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, March 21, 2013, 9:27 PM

Stop “the right people, the right time, the right location,” Deputy Inspector Christopher McCormack is heard saying on the recording.

“So what am I supposed to do: Stop every black and Hispanic?” Serrano was heard saying on the tape, which was recorded last month at the 40th Precinct in the Bronx.

“I have no problem telling you this,” the inspector said on the tape. “Male blacks. And I told you at roll call, and I have no problem tell you this, male blacks 14 to 21.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ordered-secret-recording-stop-and-frisk-young-blacks-males-article-1.1295665

For his part, Officer Serrano says he's been ostracized and called a "rat" by fellow officers. There are good cops and there are bad cops and there are cops that have been corrupted by an unjust and unsupportive system. You may feel it is unfair to demonize all law enforcement but you can at least champion those who step out of the blue shadow to point out injustice.http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/29/1354616/-Whistleblowing-officer-makes-tape-of-top-cop-ordering-stop-and-frisks-of-black-males#
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 06:13 pm
WBFF (FOX 45) apologizes for misleading edit on videotape of protest chant

Last edited Fri Dec 26, 2014, 08:25 AM - Edit history (1)
Re-posting this in case it got lost in the Holiday shuffle...

Stunning proof of the media's desire to portray this movement as "radical." This was no mistake.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-wbff-apologizes-misleading-edit-videotape-of-protest-chant-20141222-story.html

WWBF (Fox45) apologized Monday night online and on-air for misleadingly editing and airing a video Sunday of a protest march in Washington to make it seem as if protesters were chanting “kill a cop.”

What the marchers were actually chanting in response to the lead of a Baltimore woman, Tawanda Jones, was “We won’t stop. We can’t stop ‘til killer cops are in cell blocks.”

That’s a very different meaning and representation of what Jones and the marchers were saying.

Jones appeared on the 5:30 p.m. Fox45 news, where anchorman Jeff Barnd apologized to her on behalf of the station.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 07:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He means Democrats, they controlled he south until the 90's.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 07:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Yeah, "Democrats". You mean Dixiecrats. Look it up.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 07:18 pm
Vice News Op-Ed:The Cops Who Turned Their Backs at the NYPD Officer's Funeral Are the Most Threatening
https://news.vice.com/article/the-cops-who-turned-their-backs-at-the-nypd-officers-funeral-are-the-threatening-protesters-of-all

"President Barack Obama and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio publicly asked that the funeral of fallen NYPD officer Rafael Ramos be a politics-free event. Of course, any issue specifically raised by both the president and the mayor is de facto politicized by virtue of such mention alone. Ramos's death — he was one of two cops killed in a Brooklyn ambush — was unavoidably situated in this mercurial political moment surrounding police violence and counter-violence against cops. Apolitical was never an option.

A strange point of unwitting agreement then emerged between protesters and police. Protesters refused to pause their politics around the funeral. Marches continued, hundreds strong in New York and beyond, and a "die-in" was staged in Grand Central station the day after de Blasio asked that they be halted. A sizable contingent of the NYPD performed its own act of political demonstration: Several hundred cops turned their backs on the mayor as he spoke during the funeral service for Ramos, a renewed and spectacular assertion of the view, amplified by New York's largest police union, that the city was attacking its cops. The protesters wouldn't stop or pause, and nor would the police. But one of these acts of defiance was far more dangerous than the other."
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 07:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Dixiecrates is a liberal lie to cover up their racist past. Next thing you know, you will want to say Al Gores dad voted in favor of the Civil Rights act.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 07:59 pm
Quote:
"The mayor is not in any way to be treated with people turning their backs," Giuliani said. "Doesn't matter if you like the mayor or you don't like the mayor. You have to respect the mayor's position. I don't support that. But I do believe Mayor de Blasio should apologize to the New York City Department. I said it day one, and I think he'd get this over with if he did it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/28/rudy-giuliani-bill-de-blasio_n_6387346.html

Agreed.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 08:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The racial segregation of the American south (particularly during the 1940's, 50's and 60's...was completely initiated and maintained by far-right conservatives. Things don't get much lower that the crap that went on in the segregated south. (This is gonna be fun!)

Too bad those far right people were Democrats. George Wallace was a Democrat. Byrd belonged to the KKK. And we all know what LBJ said. And one of his favorite words. Nigger or niggers.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 08:06 pm
@Baldimo,
What do you call a Democrat who believes in 'state's rights' and vote GOP 80% of the time?

REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

What you don't know fills history books you ignored in high school.

How Dixiecrats Became Republicans

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsouthernnationalist.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F12%2FdixiecratPlate.gif&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fncpedia.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FDixiecrats_Museum_of_History.jpg&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F13%2F0e%2F0c%2F130e0cb96af0105bb670c343dddb335b.jpg&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwilderapush.wikispaces.com%2Ffile%2Fview%2FThurmondWrightPostcard.jpg%2F133355177%2F323x386%2FThurmondWrightPostcard.jpg&f=1

[img][/img]

I'm still shocked (not) at how many Kansans come here to post on political matters and still don't know about the major shift from Democratic to Republican over civil rights matter and other things in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

It's a matter of history, a matter of record. You can find it all over the internet in reputable areas. It's just a fact.

I grew up and registered the first time into the old Democratic Party, which was a remnant of the old Dixiecrat Party. They hated blacks. They hated Jews. They hated Catholics. I grew up listening to it. I personally knew KKK members. In fact, a boy I dated had an older brother in the KKK (big time Democrats). That older brother's name is online in articles that talk about the Bogalusa Race Riots of the 60's. He had his white sheet on, with at least a half dozen other KKK members that worked for my father and were at our home a lot. He tried to pull a black man out of a car to beat him up and the black man shot him.

You certainly don't have to tell me about the old Dixiecrats. I lived amongst them.

Today those same people I knew who hated black people and Jews and hated everything about civil rights are all Republicans. They're not JUST Republicans, they're far right extremists.

I get their emails almost daily - emails full of lies about Obama, with caricatures of Obama and his family - and so much more. Lies, hatred and ugliness that is hard to imagine that a person can carry around in his or her heart.

Kansas, do a little research and find out how and when they all switched to Republican after the Civil Rights laws came around.

You think Eisenhower's actions mean that the Republican Party is the one for civil rights because you missed a major shift in politics that happened twenty years after Eisenhower. Btw, today if Ike ran for president, the Republican Party of today would not have him. You know it, and I do, too.

Start your re-education on politics by googling Dixiecrats. I won't do it for you because you need to choose your own source.

Because it was a fluid and changing situation for parties, and really always has been and will continue to be into the future, you won't find it easy reading, but if you are going to talk politics you need to educate yourself to the history of the parties.

Civil Rights laws passed in the 1950s and especially in the 1960s, were championed by NATIONAL Democrats, but caused splits in the Democratic Party. Many in the South switched allegiance to the Republican Party which was seen as more conservative. With Reagan the shift in the South was fairly complete.

We're in Kansas, so you might not think that's important, but surely most of you do know that the base of the Republican Party today is in the south. That's why you lost the last election. Your party tried to put a man in office who is everything the southern Democrat hates. Romney tried, twisting in the wind with one lie today and another lie tomorrow, to appeal to both the southern Democrat (who absolutely represents a huge bloc of the Republican votes today) - while trying not to turn the deep pocket Republicans off. It was a Herculean task. It was like Sysiphus pushing that rock up the hill, only to see it slide back down every time. I don't like Romney because he's more Libertarian than a moderate Republican. He wants a corporatocracy to rule America. He's like Brownback on that.

But that's not why he lost. He lost because too many old Dixiecrats in the south who now belong to the Republican Party refused to go vote for him.

That's a matter of record.

As long as your party harbors and gives sustenance to the old Dixiecrats (and they are, by far, no longer just in the south - Kansas is full of them) - your party is not going to win a presidential race, again. The Hispanics and the African Americans and the Asians have woken up. They know now how important a single vote can be.

Will there be shifts in the future between parties, again? Hell, forget the future. It's happening right now. You've got moderate Republicans all over this country dumping the GOP and registering as Independents. It's only a matter of time that they'll go all the way into the Democratic Party.

Of course, as history repeats itself, in time the Democratic Party will, like the Republican Party has done, get too full of itself - try to go to the extreme as the Republican Party has tried to do. Then the tide will begin to ebb the other way.

What you need to recognize today is that the parties have had a sea change over the last 60 years. None of us belong to the same party that they were when Civil Rights was rearing its head - from Lincoln to Reagan.

It's all different. And from any given year to any given year, you can find evidence of small ebbs and flows in the parties.

As a Republican, you need to ask yourselves, are you happy being a member of a party that rivals the old Dixiecrats and their Jim Crow laws and attitudes? If so, then stick with it all the way to the bottom, 'cause, my friends, you are going down.

http://cjonline.com/blog-post/lucinda/2013-02-05/how-dixiecrats-became-republicans
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 08:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Al Gores dad was a Senator from a Dixie state, dummy.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 08:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
And yet despite all of this, the Dems still controlled the southern states until the 90's. For all of your blather it comes down to, agree with the President or you are a racist.

Bush received the same if not worse negative attention from you guys on the left. Short memories of the attacks against Bush.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 08:21 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Al Gores dad was a Senator from a Dixie state, dummy.

Either way blacks are Democrats and their party has thoroughly fucked them over. The welfare has destroyed their families and eroded their work ethic. You convinced them they are victims and will remain victims no matter what laws are passed.

The Obama administration should have shown blacks they are needed for their vote, but not needed in another income bracket. They have been **** on by Democrats, the Latinos are the new kids in town. And they will convince them they don't have a chance while whites are the majority.

Race is now a weapon in the hands of an communist idiot, and her puppet Obama.

0 Replies