The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

BillRM

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The evidence is very simple; a white cop shot a black kid 12 times to kill him.

That's too simple of a concept for you to comprehend.

First I do not think he hit the KID 12 times although he fired as least that many rounds at the KID and only the very last round produce a fatal wound and stop the KID from charging toward him.

It does in fact not matter how many rounds he fired or how many rounds hit the KID the police officer kept firing, while calling at least two times for the KID to get on the ground, until his attacked stop charging him and all this happen within a 90 second time frame
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I dont know that CI has ever faced any negative reaction to his genome. Do you? I would love to hear his best story of a day that his asian heritage hurt him.

He was held in a WWII internment camp. I used to feel that it was wrong that he was treated that way, but he's so obnoxious lately that I've forgotten why I should care.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:35 pm
Good analysis. See original article for supporting links embedded in article.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/newly-released-witness-testimony-tell-us-michael-brown-shooting/

What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting?

BY LAURA SANTHANAM AND VANESSA DENNIS
November 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM EST

In the grand jury case against Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, the prosecution revealed that physical evidence weighed in Wilson’s favor and that he had not unlawfully shot 18-year-old Michael Brown to death.

Over the course of the investigation, federal agents interviewed dozens of witnesses—some compelled to come forward by subpoena—to piece together what happened on that August 9 afternoon. Shortly after the press conference announcing the jury’s decision, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch released the transcripts of interviews with witnesses and Wilson.

We read and analyzed more than 500 pages of witness testimony and compared each statement to those given by Wilson. Below is a chart comparing several key details of the officer’s report to the witness statements. Was Brown facing Wilson when he was shot, or was his back turned to him? Did Brown have his hands in the air, or were they reaching toward his waist?

(Click image for a more readable size).
http://newshour-tc.pbs.org/newshour/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/table-finalfinalup4.png

The chart above doesn’t reveal who was right or wrong abort what happened that day, but it is a clear indication that perceptions and memories can vary dramatically.

Here’s a breakdown of the data we found:

More than 50 percent of the witness statements said that Michael Brown held his hands up when Darren Wilson shot him. (16 out of 29 such statements)

Only five witness statements said that Brown reached toward his waist during the confrontation leading up to Wilson shooting him to death.

More than half of the witness statements said that Brown was running away from Wilson when the police officer opened fire on the 18-year-old, while fewer than one-fifth of such statements indicated that was not the case.

There was an even split among witness statements that said whether or not Wilson fired upon Brown when the 18-year-old had already collapsed onto the ground.

Only six witness statements said that Brown was kneeling when Wilson opened fire on him. More than half of the witness statements did not mention whether or not Brown was kneeling.

It is rare for authorities to release grand jury documentation, but the St. Louis County Office of the Prosecuting Attorney permitted the release of most of the documents on Monday, as The New York Times recently reported.

McCulloch highlighted the variations in witness accounts during the grand jury press conference. “In subsequent interviews with law enforcement, or their testimony before the grand jury, many of the same witnesses acknowledged that they didn’t actually see the shooting,” McCulloch said. “Some were running for cover. Some were relating what they heard from others or as I said, what they assumed happened.” But many witnesses held steadfast to their interviews. “Several other witnesses maintained their original statement that Mr. Brown had his hands int he air and was not moving toward the officer when he was shot,” McCulloch said.

Reading the witness interviews provides a revealing window into the grand jury’s investigation. What could a witness see while positioned a “few blocks” away from the incident, as in the case of Witness 30?

Witness 43, a juvenile who was listening to music at the time of the shooting, looked out the window and saw the incident. “I saw a man with his hands in a police car trying to snatch it away, and then he got away. [Officer Wilson] pulled out the taser and tried to tase him but he missed. Then he pulled out the gun and tried to shoot him and he missed. Then he ran down the street and then he shot him once and I stopped looking, but I heard like four or five more shots. Then when I looked back out there he was laying on the ground.”
coldjoint

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:40 pm
@Butrflynet,

PBS? Progressive Bullshit System.

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:40 pm
Releasing all of that documentation was a good idea. The only reason I suggested earlier that the should have indicted him whether or not they had a strong case was so that everybody would get a chance to hear all the evidence. Since they took the rare move to open all that up to the public, I now think that was the better move. I didn't expect they'd do that.

And the breakdown of the eyewitness testimonies only go to support what I posted earlier about how eyewitness testimony is crap as far as evidence goes.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
It would be better if they said "% of the witnesses who who likely in a position to see".

I love in this thread how he was allegedly shot 12 times. Some say he was hit 6 times. In fact he was hit 4 times. Forensics supports the officers assertions that the first 3 hits did not stop the perp.

"The bastard cop shot the black boy 12 times, it has to be racism!" is nonsense.
FBM

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:51 pm
Yup. He fired 12 times, but he's apparently not much of a marksman, even if you take away the times it went off during the struggle.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
If anyone shoots at you 12 times, depending on distance, you're going to get hit more than enough times to kill you. That cop was there to kill him; not to stop him from assault.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:59 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Joe(<shakes head>)Nation

Shake all you want. The guy is an idiot.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 11:15 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Yup. He fired 12 times, but he's apparently not much of a marksman, even if you take away the times it went off during the struggle.

Close range combat shooting is not gun range shooting first of all with all the adrenaline flooding your body.

This was the first time that the officer have ever used his firearm in a combat situation in all the years he had been on the force.

I do think that officers are depending too must of their large magazines and placing many rounds down range in the general direction of their target as fast as they can do so.

To me large caliber revolvers would be better weapons for law enforcement to carry normally instead of using the spray and pray method they had adopted with their current semi automatics.
FBM

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 11:21 pm
@BillRM,
Yep. I had a large cap mag on a hunting rifle once and caught myself sliding into the "spray and pray" trap. Had to discipline myself.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2014 11:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That cop was there to kill him; not to stop him from assault.

Bullshit he was stopping an attacked by a very large and powerful man and whether that man survive or not after the attack had been stop was not at the moment his concern.

In fact only the very last head shot both stop the attack and prove to be a fatal wound for the attacker.

The police need larger calibers firearms such as at least the 45 round that was design to put even a large charging attacker down.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 03:39 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

Quote:
I know how I would feel if my kid were to be killed by a white cop - for stealing some cigarettes.
And this is the absolute dumbest thing I think you have ever written. He was not killed for stealing cigarettes. He was killed because instead of getting out of the street as the officer told him to do, he decided the officer was full of **** and that he could walk in the middle of the street if he wanted. Then, he attacked the officer in the vehicle. Gun was fired, he separated from the officer and then charged toward the officer. THAT is why the idiot man was shot and killed. AT ANY POINT in the confrontation, had Mr. Brown simply obeyed the officer, Mr. Brown would be alive today. He did not and so he is not. I have no sympathy for him. He got exactly what he deserved. With any luck, the next time some kid, white or black or anything in between, has to decide how to act in a similar situation, maybe they will remember that attacking an officer or charging on officer is likely to get them shot at and maybe they will take a different course of action.
He'd prefer his kid
to be killed by a Jap cop.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 03:44 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
That cop was there to kill him; not to stop him from assault.

Bullshit he was stopping an attacked by a very large and powerful man
and whether that man survive or not after the attack had been stop was not at the moment his concern.

In fact only the very last head shot both stop the attack and prove to be a fatal wound for the attacker.

The police need larger calibers firearms such as at least the .45 round
that was design to put even a large charging attacker down.
That was very, very WELL SAID, Bill.
Does anyone u know wanna re-think carrying a defensive .357 ??
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 04:17 am
@BillRM,
I read that he testified to the GJ that he used a .40 caliber Sig Sauer.
Presumably, it overpenetrated, but I have not heard anything qua an exit wound.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 04:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Some of the comments from you lot just leave me scratching my head and wondering why you are tolerated over there.

You recite this garbage as if you were discussing the slaughter of cattle.

You seem to have no humanity about you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 04:58 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Some of the comments from you lot just leave me scratching my head
and wondering why you are tolerated over there.
I represent the filosofy of the Sons of Liberty, Original Americanism and of the Founders of this Republic,
who rejected and EJECTED u; we did not tolerate u.

I represent the filosofy of loyalty to truth which was manifested by the Grand Jury.
I rejoice in that and I TOLERATE it. Truth is anathema to liberalism & to political correctness.

Lordyaswas wrote:
So WHAT???
Let me be specific: decedent was foul and deserving of NO RESPECT, the same as U.

Lordyaswas wrote:
You seem to have no humanity about you.
Liberals (i.e., lying cheaters) seek to distort & to pervert humanity. It will not work.

David
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 05:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I represent the filosofy of loyalty to truth which was manifested by the Grand Jury.

Some wonderful Orwellian double talk there David. The Grand Jury is a medieval concept dating to Henry II. We threw it out completely in 1948. 12 white guys deciding to back another white guy against a black victim is about as far removed from "loyalty to truth" as you can get. The only way to get to the truth is by a trial, and there's certainly enough evidence to prosecute.

Your medieval, easily corruptible, grand jury is an obstacle to truth, and a convenient way for the powers that be to wash their hands of the whole affair.
BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 05:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
That was very, very WELL SAID, Bill.
Does anyone u know wanna re-think carrying a defensive .357 ??

A 357 is a far more powerful round then the 9mm the police now carry and added to that hollow points 357 and you are in good shape.

Hell there been cases of stopping charging bears with 357 rounds including one cop doing so in Alaska if memory serve me correctly.
BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2014 05:39 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:

The 300 pound plus 6 foot and 5 inches man who is being call a kid by some on this thread try to killed a cop for daring to do his duty so comparing the situation to killing cattle is unfair to cattle.

The comparison is more to dealing with a large charging predator such as a bear not some peaceful cattle.