cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 11:54 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Adversaries seize chance to lecture U.S. on Ferguson unrest
Reuters By Angus MacSwan
2 hours ago

By Angus MacSwan

LONDON (Reuters) - Governments scolded by the United States over their human rights records have seized on racial unrest and a police crackdown in the Missouri town of Ferguson to wag their fingers back in disapproval.

Adversaries and uneasy allies from Russia and Iran to China and Egypt have accused the United States of hypocrisy as images of police brandishing lethal weapons and tear-gassing protesters have been shown around the world.

They have also pointed to the problems faced by black Americans.

Many of the countries draw criticism of their own democratic credentials from independent rights group as well as the U.S. government. Nonetheless, activists say the events in Ferguson, where the shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a white policeman has provoked 11 nights of protests, undermine the United States' credibility in criticizing others.

"The United States can't tell other countries to improve their records on policing and peaceful assembly if it won't clean up its own human rights record," Amnesty International said in a tweet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 01:57 pm
What has happened to cops who killed unarmed black men in the past:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/darren-wilson-ferguson-police-officers-shoot-unarmed-black-men
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 02:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not calling you a liar but can you give me a site for that. Sounds like someone should have gone to jail but racism is still rampant in the U S of A both white and black. I ask you once more why it is wrong for me to call a black man a niger but ok for a black man to refer too me as whitey, or honkey, or what ever number of insulting names they have for white people? One is racist while the other is not?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 02:35 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm not here to debate reverse racism, which I have already acknowledged happens.

Here is a link to the Walmart shooting
http://www.bustle.com/articles/36357-the-walmart-shooting-of-john-crawford-could-become-ohios-ferguson
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 02:39 pm
@RABEL222,
You wrote,
Quote:
.....racism is still rampant in the U S of A both white and black.

Try this wiki link to educate yourself about white violence against blacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Racially_motivated_violence_against_African_Americans

Also, it seems from your posts that blacks are guilty of more crimes than whites. That's factually wrong. Here are some statistics I worked on myself that shows some estimated numbers of crimes by both white and blacks.

US population: 77.7% are whites and 13.2% are blacks. Put another way, when the US population was 316 million, there were 245,632,000 whites and 41,729,000 blacks. If we account for the ages up to around 28 years old for both populations, there would be 93,340,000 whites in that age group, and 28,864,000 blacks in that age group.
According to crime statistics by the FBI, nearly 50% of black males are arrested, and 38% of white men are arrested.
So, 38% of 93,340,000 = 35,469,000 white crimes vs 50% of 28,864,000 = 14,432,000. Black crimes equals 41% of white crimes.

However you wish to present your 'case,' they're not equal.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Damn! One can make statistics say what ever they want. and I never said that there were more black racists than white. My statement was that their are white racists and black racists. The minority blacks use it the same way jews use the holocaust to try to make their point. But there are racist blacks just as there are racist jews just as there are racist whites. One branch is just as bad as the other. If you expect me to smile when I am called a honkey you are crazy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:52 pm
@RABEL222,
Heck, why limit it to Jews, black and white racists? Your myopia speaks more about you than the subject you're trying so hard to explain.

What's your 'real' message?

If the description fits......
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:15 pm
You can see the actual shooting at this link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/20/kajieme-powell-shooting_n_5696546.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:16 pm
It's on youtube
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:28 pm
Quote:
Here’s a pitch for a procedural: Cops track down the number of police shootings in the United States in a given year. Why should that require any detective work? It’s that there are currently no national statistics on how many people are shot by police each year.

http://www.allgov.com/news/controversies/how-many-people-are-killed-by-police-in-us-who-knows-140202?news=852321

Because the state does not want us to know can be the only reasonable explanation.

Quote:
The IACP was part of project launched in 1996 to collect police use-of-force information across the nation. That effort was shutdown in 2001 when federal funding expired.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140815/NEWS07/308150038/local-police-killings-data

that is a shocker right there!
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 07:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think his real message was simply prejudice can and does come from any race.

I haven't kept up with story. The last I have seen on my news feed, there was multiple shots found Brown during the autopsy. And apparently there is doubt about Brown stealing cigars which contradicts the police's account. I know I don't like to see swat teams in our cities and I am glad the Attorney General finally showed up.

As for what all that means, we have to wait for the trial.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 08:51 am
@revelette2,
I find REBEL's identity of a few ethnicities as unnecessary when speaking about bigotry, and it's a cheap shot! It has no real meaning except to himself.
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 09:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
You could be right, I don't know, haven't really gone through the posts. Personally, if a black person was to call me a honky, I would just think it was weird and I would think that person was racist but I probably wouldn't pick a fight over it. I have never been called any names by a black person, I have known quite a few, part of my circle of friends and my kids life, they have all been polite, some a lot more than my kids white friends. But I don't live in a big city and it might be different there. All of this talk just proves we have long way to go, sad that.

I do think edgar's point a few posts back is probably correct without going to sites or whatever about a black man picking up a toy gun and getting arrested while good ole boys (my words) can carry guns in stores citing the 2nd amendment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 09:46 am
@revelette2,
I agree with edgar on most subjects, and especially on the bigotry against blacks in this country. The fact that blacks serve more prison time than whites for the same crime, and blacks are stopped more often than whites while driving a luxury car should be evidence enough that we have a racist country. Blacks get shot by whites with no fear of serving prison time.
People who remain blind to these facts will never understand why blacks are getting the short end of the stick while expecting them to be 'equal' in every other way.

When Romney said "the 47% are takers," what message do you think he was sending? The fact of the matter is that whites receive more welfare benefits than blacks in this country.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that whites receive more welfare benefits than blacks in this country.
Which is not surprising since whites make up 72% of the population and blacks 13%.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Well, I'm surprised to see you are correct on this one! LOL

Whites $$$$$$$ Blacks $
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
this is old but I gotta run...I have no reason to think that 10 years has changed anything.

Quote:
As a group, the 207 million white residents in the U.S. population receive $212 billion in benefits. As a group, then, they receive some $1,022 per person in welfare aid.

There are some 30 million Hispanic residents in the U.S., and Hispanics as a group receive $69 billion in welfare, or roughly $2,210 per person. As a group, the 33 million black residents in the U.S. receive $105 billion in welfare aid, or roughly $3,230 per person.

http://heartland.org/policy-documents/welfare-expenditures-ethnic-group

You liberals tend to be fact challenged, because when the facts violate your wishes you simply ignore the facts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Whose looking at "per person" except bigots like you? It's the TOTAL COST OF WELFARE and the total number of people that's important. You know, that 47% who are takers. That's because most whites believe the cost is based on black welfare benefits, and it's not!

When conservatives talk about 'welfare,' they automatically believe it's the minorities that's costing our national debt; it's not.

FYI, our family was on welfare when we were kids, because it was our mother and four children. All my siblings and I paid back in taxes what we collected in welfare - many times over.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:41 am
My last post was a video that clearly shows the shooting. I don't know if anybody watched it or not.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I saw it Edgar, and all I can say is thank **** our police don't carry guns.
0 Replies