bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 06:14 pm
Just for you Baldino:

Cop beaten!

oooooooops.
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 07:31 pm
@tony5732,
On one of the network news shows today they was talking about the murder rate sharply increasing this year and the ,theory seems to be that the police are being less forceful in dealing with hoodlums before they end up murdering due to all this anti-police nonsense.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 07:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The Fox Lake police officer shot and killed while chasing three suspects Tuesday morning was a 30-year veteran of the force who went by the nickname "G.I. Joe" and was married with four children, according to police and family.

"He's got four sons who are going to have to go on alone," said Terry Resetar, mother-in-law of the slain officer, Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, 52.

The veteran officer had also indicated he was planning to retire later this month, said Fox Lake Mayor Donny Schmit, a close friend.

Gliniewicz radioed shortly before 8 a.m. while on routine patrol that he was going to check on some suspicious activity, Lake County sheriff's spokesman Chris Covelli said at a news conference.

He then radioed that he was in a "foot pursuit," but communication was lost after that, Covelli said. Other officers responded and found him shot near Route 12 and Sayton Road, he said.

Gliniewicz was discovered in a marshy area, stripped of his gun and other gear, according to Lake County Undersheriff Raymond Rose. He died at the scene, the undersheriff said.

Police established a perimeter and sent helicopters into the air as they sought three suspects, described only as a black male and two white males, Rose said. Several canine units also were dispatched, as well as SWAT teams in camouflage.

With the help of U.S. marshals, teams of police from throughout the county searched surrounding woods and businesses in the area.

Rose said a team of more than 100 officers will continue searching through the night. As evening fell, police had finished going house-to-house in Fox Lake seeking the suspects, Rose said. Around 5:45 p.m., 40 police dogs and their handlers were searching for the suspects while helicopters equipped with heat sensors continued to scan the area, he said.

Several hundred police from agencies as far away as Joliet came to Lake County to help with the manhunt, Rose said. That was important, he said, so police could be cycled in and out of the hunt. Several officers were momentarily overcome by temperatures that climbed into the high 80s, Rose said.

"Every major law enforcement agency you can think of" assisted on-site or remotely, Rose said, citing the ATF, FBI and Secret Service. He lamented the need for police to respond to the shooting of one of their own.

"We can't keep going like this," he said. "We can't keep doing this."

Rose asked that Fox Lake residents stay indoors if they can, and he said they should leave their lights on. They should not answer the door to a visitor if they don't know who it is, he said, and residents across the general area should call police if they see anything unusual.

Earlier in the day, parents were asked to pick up their children at local schools. The controlled release of students resulted in gridlock on Old Grand Avenue in downtown Fox Lake as parents picked up students at the high school and nearby middle school.

Friends and colleagues remembered Gliniewicz as fun-loving and optimistic and dedicated to his work.

"This should never happen. Joey just loved his job," said Thomas Poulos, a retired Waukegan police officer who said he went to high school with Gliniewicz in Antioch. They both graduated in 1981, Poulos said.

They stayed in touch and saw each other at local events and reunions, Poulos said, and it was clear that Gliniewicz – known as Joe or Joey in high school – enjoyed his job. Gliniewicz helped with the Police Department's Explorers program, which allows young adults to look into careers in policing.

"Loved his job, loved his kids, loved his wife, and he loved those Explorers," said Poulos, who now lives in California. "He was just a delight to be around. … Not a bad bone in his body."

Schmit, the Fox Lake mayor, called Gliniewicz "a very dear friend."

"We lost a family member," Schmit said at an afternoon news conference. "G.I. Joe was the father of four boys and a dedicated officer."

Rose said police across Lake County knew Gliniewicz for his affiliation with the Explorers program.

"He founded the Explorer program and ran it 30 years and wanted to be sure it would go on," Schmit said.

Rose said Gliniewicz had a "tremendous impact on a lot of young people in the county" through the Explorers program.

Schmit said that having to announce Gliniewicz's death ""is something I hoped I'd never have to do."

"I'm just kind of numb right now," Schmit said.

The mayor said he received a text from Gliniewicz about 9:15 p.m. Monday.

"I didn't respond because it was a little late and I thought I'd wait until the morning. I'm feeling a little guilty about that now," Schmit said.

Illinois Fraternal Order of Police President Chris Southwood released a statement: "Today the Fraternal Order of Police lost a fellow member and brother who died heroically serving his community. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the slain officer's family, friends and fellow police officers. He leaves a legacy of several decades of service to Fox Lake for which we are humbly grateful."

Joe Ahern, CEO of the 100 Club of Chicago, an organization that provides financial support to families of slain police officers, remained at the Fox Lake Police Department in late afternoon Tuesday, trying to arrange to meet the family.

"I was just coming here to help with some financial support for the family at the appropriate time," he said.

His organization offers $50,000 in immediate expenses to families of slain officers and helps their children through college.

Hours after the shooting, Nathan Muehlfelder learned that he had lost one of his regular customers at Good Family Tattoo in Lake Villa.

Muehlfelder guessed that he had done half of Gliniewicz's body art, including tattoos of his police badges.

"He was a super nice guy. He was always loud when he was here, you could hear him a mile away," Muehlfelder said. "He always did things for the community, especially with the police Explorers. He was always a really happy guy. Never angry, always laughing.

"He was super strong for an older guy," he added. "He was ripped. He was doing what he liked to do."

Muehlfelder said it had been a few months since Gliniewicz came in for a new tattoo.

"He would also stop in just to say, 'What's up?'" Muehlfelder said.

Residents in the area reacted with shock as armed police patrolled their neighborhoods and helicopters thumped overhead.

Jill Heyn and Brad Pekarik live in Ingleside, minutes from where the shooting occurred. They heard helicopters all morning as the search intensified and saw officers walking around Gavin Middle School down the block.

"My neighbor came out hysterical," said Brad Pekarik, who has lived on Stanton Bay on Fox Lake for about 16 years. "It's not a good thing. Everybody's a little crazy these days."

Jill Heyn said it "feels like our paradise has been spoiled. It's just one story after another. Blue lives matter."

Michael Drewer, 35, of Fox Lake, owner of the Dipstick Oil Change, surrounded by yellow police tape, said there were a half-dozen officers blocking off roads at Sayton and Route 12 when he arrived at work in the morning.

"Then a half-hour later, (the number of police) ballooned quite a bit," he said. "They checked our security video and then told me I wouldn't be doing any business today."

Covelli said the suspects should be considered dangerous. Rose advised residents to call 911 "if they see anybody in their area … that doesn't belong or doesn't look right."

The search prompted officials at Grant Community High School to put the building on lockdown.

"Grant Community High School is currently in a lockdown at the request of the Fox Lake Police Department," read a statement posted at grantbulldogs.org. "A police matter is occurring in the community and for the safety of our students and staff they have requested we remain locked down."

Inbound and outbound service resumed on Metra's Milwaukee District North Line in the afternoon after being shut down for hours because of the search, the agency said. The Ingleside station remained closed.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 07:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes bobsal. There are 900000 police officers in the US. A few are not going to be good. Out of 900000 boys in blue, good job on finding a bad one!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:16 pm
@tony5732,
ONE!?!?!?!?!? I showed four. How many decent black kids have YOU posted about? How many corrupt cop posts have you MADE?

I'm less one sided than you dummies.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:27 pm
Unsettling Video Shows Oakland Cop Spit on a Man for Filming Him

While it is unclear as to what was happening during the video, the actions of this officer are not disputed.
By Matt Agorist / The Free Thought Project
August 30, 2015

Oakland, CA — A short video was uploaded to Facebook Saturday that epitomizes the rift between police and the citizens.

The video was posted to Facebook by Peter Garza on Saturday, with the following description:
ADVERTISING

A OAKLAND,CA police officer spat on a friend of mine last night and he got it on video.. the cop claims it’s not assault, but if it was the other way around I’m sure my friend would of [sic] got charged with “Assault on a peace officer. THIS IS NOT RIGHT! MAKE THIS GO VIRAL

While it is unclear as to what was happening during the video, the actions of this officer are not disputed.

He spat on a man who was filming him.

The act of spitting on a person is considered assault under California law. A California assault can occur even if the touching involved did not or could not cause any sort of injury. It doesn’t need to be direct either—it can be done indirectly by causing an object to touch the “victim,” according to SHouse California Law Group.

CALCRIM 915 – Simple Assault (Pen. Code, § 240). (“The terms application of force and apply force mean to touch in a harmful or offensive manner. The slightest touching can be enough if it is done in a rude or angry way. Making contact with another person, including through his or her clothing, is enough. The touching does not have to cause pain or injury of any kind. [The touching can be done indirectly by causing an object [or someone else] to touch the other person.] [The People are not required to prove that the defendant actually touched someone.]”)

This officer clearly meant to spit in the face of another person. It can in no way be considered a part of his official duty, and he was in obvious violation of the law.

How could this police officer justify spitting on someone? If the roles were reversed in this scenario and the man filming spat on the police officer, you could rest assured that there would be an arrest, and most likely a brutal beating.

Instead, there is no recourse for the man who was violated because the one who assaulted him, wears a badge.

This officer should not be allowed to spit on people and keep his job. Share this video to let you friends and family see how Oakland’s finest treat its citizens.

If you’d like to voice your concern to the Oakland PD about this officer’s behavior, you can call them at this number, (510) 777-3333. You can also email them here: [email protected]
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:31 pm

Cop Slams Mom’s Face to the Ground as She Dropped Her Kids Off at School Over Tinted License Plate Cover

Gratuitous violence.
By Matt Agorist / AlterNet
August 31, 2015

Tampa, FL — As Liz Vargas was walking her daughter into school on November 5, officer Kevin Fitzpatrick heroically swooped in to protect the citizens of Tampa from Vargas’ tinted license plate cover.

Not having done anything wrong, and upset that she was being harassed in front of her children, Vargas voiced her discontent.
ADVERTISING

“Then because I was in my pj’s he called me bummy, and he accused me of illegal drugs, that’s why I got argumentative,” Vargas said of the incident.

Within 34 seconds of his encounter with Vargas, Fitzpatrick grabbed her wrist and had slammed the innocent woman to the ground, face first.

After being brutally assaulted in front of her child by police, Vargas retained attorney Brett Szematowicz.

“At best that could be explained away that he thought there was an officer safety issue with her pointing up at the sky, but he never said he ordered her back in the car, he never said he felt threatened by her actions at any point,” Szematowicz said.

As early as February, Szematowicz said they requested video of the incident from police, but he said they told him there was no tape.

According to WFLA,

The Tampa police department claims it never denied the video existed. In other cases it is common for officers to acknowledge there is video evidence, by writing “video” on criminal report affidavits. Fitzpatrick put a slash mark through the “evidence box” indicating there was no evidence. Hegarty isn’t sure why Fitzpatrick didn’t write in “video” but insists no one at T-P-D- denied that the video existed.

But if you watch the video, it becomes quite apparent as to why Fitzpatrick would have claimed it didn’t exist.

After repeated attempts at obtaining the video, it was finally released in July. The video clearly shows a uniformed assailant, Fitzpatrick, assault an innocent woman, Vargas.

Despite this video evidence, however, an internal ‘investigation’ into the incident cleared Fitzpatrick of any wrongdoing. Tampa police claim that Fitzpatrick had no other option to “control Vargas” other than slamming her face-first into the ground.

Szematowicz feels that the investigation is incomplete. “They left out why he was grabbing her in the first place and to us as her criminal defense attorneys that is the most critical part,” he said.

This entire ordeal was over a tinted license plate cover that can be purchased at auto parts stores throughout the state of Florida.

According to Florida Statute 316.605(1),

“…all letters, numerals, printing, writing, and other identification marks upon the plates regarding the word “Florida,” the registration decal, and the alphanumeric designation shall be clear and distinct and free from defacement, mutilation, grease, and other obscuring matter, so that they will be plainly visible and legible at all times 100 feet from the rear or front.”

Despite the low quality of the video, we can see on the officer’s own dashcam that Vargas’ plate was legible.

The precedent set after failing to hold Fitzpatrick accountable is that police can initiate violence against citizens for no reason, even innocent mothers, in front of their children, and this is “following procedure.”

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:38 pm
Quote:
10 Times White Nationalists Supported Donald Trump (and Why This Should Scare You)

It is a lot funny to see liberals go the the "guilt by association" well in a particularly pathetic fashion, once again showing that their rules for good behavior dont according to them apply to themselves, they are only for us.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 01:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I posted about a nine year old black girl who got shot in her bedroom while doing homework. I put that in decent black kid category. I mentioned several times that ten percent plus of our police force is black. Also good people. For the most part though, I don't post color. It's not about color. It's about cops, and thugs. Both cops and thugs are all colors. I support cops, because they don't start the problem. They try to solve the problem. There is a SMALL number of bad apple cops, sure. We can even say 350 out of 900000 cops are assholes. There are 16000 dead people this year though that aren't dead from cops. The cops are our defense against 16000 murdering thugs. That doesn't include thieves, baby beaters, rapists, looters, white collar criminals, gangs, and the drug war. You are on the wrong side.
Builder

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 04:42 am
@tony5732,
Quote:
There are 16000 dead people this year though that aren't dead from cops. The cops are our defense against 16000 murdering thugs.

Not sure about your math there.

Tell me one thing, please; what's the response time if you do call the cops?

And in a life-threatening situation, do you honestly believe that a cop is going to protect you in time to save your life?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:00 am
@Builder,
His math deficiency is the least of his personal problems.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:13 am
Trial begins for officer charged with abusing Indian man
Source: Associated Press

By JAY REEVES
10 hours ago

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Attorneys questioned potential jurors Tuesday in the trial of an Alabama police officer charged with using excessive force against an Indian grandfather who was visiting his family near Huntsville. Attorneys and a judge asked about 55 potential jurors whether they know anyone in the case. No one did. Also, no one said they've already made up their mind about the guilt or innocence of Madison police officer Eric Parker.

Parker is charged with violating the civil rights of 58-year-old Sureshbhai Patel (suh-RESH'-beye pah-TEL'), who was staying with his son near Huntsville in February and was walking in the suburban neighborhood when police received a call about a suspicious person walking in the area. Patel was thrown down and partially paralyzed during the confrontation.

Court officials said prospective jurors filled out questionnaires with personal information before lawyers questioned them in court to select a jury for Parker's trial. The judge dismissed four potential jurors for unstated reasons after a full day of questioning and told 50 remaining panelists to return Wednesday for final jury selection. Opening statements will follow.

Police video showed an officer struggling to communicate with the man because of language differences. After a few moments, an officer slammed Patel to the ground face-first as another officer stood by. "He don't speak a lick of English," one of the officers said afterward.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/trial-set-officer-charged-abusing-indian-man-090705582.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:17 am
Moving Targets: US police have fatally shot 30 people in moving vehicles this year......

from Guardian UK:

Moving Targets
US police have fatally shot 30 people in moving vehicles this year, despite federal guidelines advising them not to. Why have police departments pulled the trigger on drivers rather than reform?

Tommy Maness had no choice but to shoot, they said.

Called to tackle a supposed late-night fight at a roadside diner in Alexander City, Alabama, the 34-year-old police corporal saw Emerson Crayton Jr, a young black man, hurry into his Ford SUV in the restaurant’s parking lot and start the engine.

Maness knocked on the driver’s window and told Crayton to get out. But Crayton, 21, reversed out of his space. Then he turned his wheels toward Maness, police chief Willie Robinson alleged, and “tried to run over the officer”. Maness “could not get out of the way of the vehicle”, so instead he fired his Glock pistol into it at least three times. Crayton, who was unarmed, died from a shot to the head.

According to an Alabama state bureau of investigations file on the shooting obtained by the Guardian, however, things unfolded differently.

Maness acknowledged to investigators that, in fact, he “sidestepped the truck” as he shot. A recording from his body camera showed that despite the SUV continuing to move forward after the driver was shot, Maness was not struck. Actually, the vehicle swung sharply away from him as it brushed by and headed to the highway.

“It’s a straight cover-up,” Crayton’s father, Emerson Sr, said at his home in nearby Dadeville. “Fact is, the officer did get out the way.” Asked about the video footage in an interview in his office, Robinson repeated: “People see what they want to see.” ....................(more)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/01/moving-targets-police-shootings-vehicles-the-counted

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 07:29 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Tell me one thing, please; what's the response time if you do call the cops?

And in a life-threatening situation, do you honestly believe that a cop is going to protect you in time to save your life?

Kind of like having a fire, you can never be sure that the fire department will show up in time to handle the situation and that is why I have a few fire extinguishers around the home and that is why in the case of the police response times I have firearms around the home.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
If he is basing his math off of the # of estimated gang members, then you are correct. It is estimated that there are over 500,000 gang members in the US composed of about 30,000 gangs.

Quote:
There were at least 30,000 gangs and 800,000 gang members active across the USA in 2007.[1][2] About 900,000 gang members lived "within local communities across the country," and about 147,000 were in U.S. prisons or jails in 2009.[3] By 1999, Hispanics accounted for 47% of all gang members, Blacks 31%, Whites 13%, and Asians 6%.[4]

The Latin Kings have over 25,000[5][6] members in the city of Chicago alone and have organized chapters in over 41 states and several Latin American and European countries, including: Mexico, Spain, Dominican Republic, Canada, Italy, Ecuador, Peru, Puerto Rico, Portugal, Brazil, United Kingdom and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_population
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:44 am
@Builder,
It sounds like you are advocating for people owning guns to protect themselves because the police won't make it to your house to save you.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:46 am
@Builder,
Absolutely not. A cop responds. So basically thug gets his once, cop puts thug in jail, one less thug. The faster the cop gets the thug off the street the less the civilian has to deal with. Law enforcement also is a thug repellent. The best way to judge law enforcement is crime rate. Thugs don't thug as much when they know they are getting caught.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 02:22 pm
Judge Won't Drop Charges Against Cops in Freddie Gray's Death
Source: NBC

A Baltimore judge rejected a motion to dismiss charges against the six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray in a pre-trial hearing on Wednesday .

The first circuit court hearing began earlier in the day in downtown Baltimore — proceedings which will focus national attention back on the city and racial and socioeconomic tensions at the heart of the friction between local police and the minority communities they serve.

None of the six officers facing charges in the death of Gray, the 25-year-old black man who died of apparent spinal injuries a week after an arrest by Baltimore police officers in April, appeared in court.

However, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby was present as Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams rejected two motions by the defense: one, to dismiss the charges due to prosecutorial misconduct by Mosby, and another to have Mosby and the State's Attorney's office to be recused from the case.

Read more: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/baltimore-unrest/state-attorney-mosbys-acts-questioned-freddie-gray-hearing-n420341
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 02:45 pm
Quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/02/who-needs-this-police-recruits-abandon-dream-amid-anti-cop-climate/

Police departments face a recruiting shortage amid a growing anti-cop mood that some fear has taken the pride out of peacekeeping and put targets on the backs of the men and women in blue.

Open calls for the killing of police have been followed by assassinations, including last week's murder in Texas of a Harris County sheriff's deputy. Instead of dialing back the incendiary rhetoric, groups including "Black Lives Matter" have instead doubled down at demonstrations with chants of "Pigs in a blanket, fry me like bacon." Public safety officials fear the net effect has been to demonize police, and diminish the job.

"It's a lot harder to sell now," Jeff Roorda, business manager of the St. Louis Police Officers Association and former state representative, told FoxNews.com. "This is a very real phenomenon."

"We're sitting ducks. We're in these uniforms, brightly colored cars and there's nothing we can do."
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 04:11 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
There are 16000 dead people this year though that aren't dead from cops. The cops are our defense against 16000 murdering thugs.

Where did you get your numbers for the year? There hasn't been 16,000 murders in a whole year since 2008. In the last year reported, 2013 there were 14,196 in 12 months. We are less than 3/4 of the way through this year. 16,000 murders at this point would imply we are on our way to over 23,000 murders this year. To claim that the murder rate is up by over 50% this year compared to previous years requires some evidence on your part.