The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

tony5732

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 12:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
No that would be stereotyping. Brown was black as far as I know so he must be like other black people. Using bobsal logic. I still haven't heard anything more than that argument about Wilson.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 12:44 pm
@revelette2,
I don't get it, either. A twelve year old boy gets shot in three seconds for an airsoft pistol and the other guy gets away with shooting an officer. What is the difference between the two incidents? Hmmmmmmm ............
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 12:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, and thats all I'm saying. I am not condemning all police. This is not an all or nothing proposition. Its pretty obvious that something is broken. Not fixing it only creates more cynicism about all police. Most of these guys speak as if "the police" is a protected class and civilians aren't.

It isn't as if the proof of what I say isn't very well documented and researchable.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 01:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Frank, and thats all I'm saying. I am not condemning all police. This is not an all or nothing proposition. Its pretty obvious that something is broken. Not fixing it only creates more cynicism about all police. Most of these guys speak as if "the police" is a protected class and civilians aren't.

It isn't as if the proof of what I say isn't very well documented and researchable.

Last night President Obama said it best:

Quote:
"We may have different takes on the events of Ferguson and New York. But surely we can understand a father who fears his son can't walk home without being harassed," Obama said. Then, in an effort to strike a measured tone, Obama went on to say, "Surely, we can understand the wife who won't rest until the police officer she married walks through the front door at the end of his shift."
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 01:21 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You said it exactly right, it is hard to believe, but you can't deny the obvious.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 02:18 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
You said it exactly right, it is hard to believe, but you can't deny the obvious.

Then can he stop spamming now?http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/spock.gif
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 02:49 pm
@tony5732,
The problem is that all the instances Bobsal is presenting are not instances of where the cops were found guilty. Many of them are where the cops are allowed to do things that would make anyone else guilty but they are given a pass. It isn't putting all the police in the same group. It is saying that all the bad ones are allowed to do what they do with immunity from prosecution.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 02:52 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It is saying that all the bad ones are allowed to do what they do with immunity from prosecution.

And they all work for Obola.
http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/panic.gif
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 03:42 pm
@parados,
Even I don't disagree that cops get away with murder. The NYC thing especially. I just hate when everybody who is a cop gets vacuumed into the same tornado. I also don't think riots are an answer because it harms innocent people who were not even involved on either side of the situation. Ferguson really pisses me off because that is exactly what I am talking about.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 05:03 pm
Video shows man shot by New Jersey police raising his hands

By SEAN CARLIN and GEOFF MULVIHILL
Associated Press

BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) -- With the dashboard camera in their cruiser rolling, police pulled a Jaguar over for running a stop sign on a dark New Jersey night. But things suddenly turned tense when one of the officers warned his partner that he could see a gun in the glove compartment.

Screaming over and over "Don't you f---ing move!" and "Show me your hands!" at the man in the passenger seat, the officer reached into the car and appeared to remove a silver handgun.

Then, despite being warned repeatedly not to move, the passenger stepped out of the Jaguar, his hands raised about shoulder level.

The officers opened fire, killing him.

The video of the Dec. 30 killing of Jerame Reid in Bridgeton, a struggling, mostly minority city of 25,000 people about 35 miles south of Philadelphia, was released this week, raising a host of questions and stirring anger over yet another death at the hands of police.

The nearly two-minute deadly standoff came after the killings of black men in New York and Ferguson, Missouri, triggered months of turbulent protests, violence and calls for a re-examination of police use of force.

Both Reid and the man driving the car were black. The Bridgeton officer who spotted the gun, Braheme Days, is black; his partner, Roger Worley, is white. Both officers have been placed on leave while prosecutors investigate.

"The video speaks for itself that at no point was Jerame Reid a threat and he possessed no weapon on his person," Walter Hudson, chairman and founder of the civil rights group the National Awareness Alliance, said Wednesday. "He complied with the officer and the officer shot him."

A Philadelphia lawyer, Conrad Benedetto, said he has been hired by Reid's wife, Lawanda, to investigate. He said in a statement Wednesday that the footage "raises serious questions as to the legality and/or reasonableness of the officers' actions that night" because Reid was shot as he raised his hands.

Reid, 36, spent about 13 years in prison for shooting at three state troopers when he was a teenager. And Days knew who he was; Days was among the arresting officers last year when Reid was charged with several crimes, including drug possession and obstruction.

In Bridgeton, where two-thirds of the residents are black or Hispanic, the killing has stirred small protests over the past couple of weeks, including a demonstration on Wednesday, a day after the video was made public at the request of two newspapers under the state's open records law.

The Cumberland County prosecutor's office previously said a gun was seized during the stop but would not comment further on the investigation. Bridgeton police would not answer any questions about the video and said they opposed its release as neither "compassionate or professional."

County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae has disqualified herself from the case because she knows Days. But Lawanda Reid's lawyer and activists are demanding the state Attorney General's Office take over the investigation, something it said it will not do.

In the video, the mood changes in a flash when Days tells his partner about the gun and starts yelling, "Show me your hands!" The driver, Leroy Tutt, raises his hands immediately. Reid does not at first.

Days, still yelling, reaches into the car and appears to remove a gun.

"I'm going to shoot you," Days shouts, at one point addressing Reid by his first name. "You're going to be f---ing dead. If you reach for something, you're going to be f---ing dead."

Days tells his partner, "He's reaching for something."

Faintly on the video, Reid can be heard telling the officer, "I ain't doing nothing. I'm not reaching for nothing, bro. I ain't got no reason to reach for nothing."

Then one of the men in the car tells the officer, "I'm getting out and getting on the ground."

The officer again orders Reid not to move. Seconds later, Reid emerges from the car, raising his hands, which appear to be empty. Both officers fire immediately, shooting at least six rounds.

Bystanders start yelling at the officers, and other emergency vehicles arrive.

The South Jersey Times reported this week that residents had filed seven municipal court complaints against Days since 2013 and two against Worley in that span for alleged abuses of power; all the complaints were later dismissed.

---

Mulvihill reported from Haddonfield, New Jersey.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 05:37 pm

Justice Department to Recommend No Civil Rights Charges in Ferguson Shooting

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us/justice-department-ferguson-civil-rights-darren-wilson.html
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:06 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:07 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:08 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:13 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:54 pm
Rikers Officers Who Beat Inmate in 2012 Are Fired
Source: New York Times

JAN. 21, 2015

The New York City correction commissioner, Joseph Ponte, announced on Wednesday that he was firing a captain and five Rikers Island guards who hogtied an inmate and then, while his hands were still cuffed behind him and his ankles shackled, savagely beat him in April 2012.

The inmate, Robert Hinton, who was being housed on a cellblock for men with mental illnesses, emerged from the beating in a solitary confinement cell with a broken nose and a fractured vertebra; his eyes were swollen shut; he was bleeding from the mouth.

<snip>

A representative of the Bronx district attorney said the case was currently under investigation for possible criminal prosecution.

In a statement, Mr. Ponte said: “My decision makes clear that there is no room for this type of behavior on Rikers. We must have a higher expectation of performance in situations like this, and while acknowledging how difficult the officers’ job is, we must also accept the need to earn back the faith and trust of the community we serve.”

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/nyregion/rikers-officers-who-beat-an-inmate-in-2012-are-fired.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 06:58 pm
Ex-New Mexico Lawman Gets 10 Years in Bizarre Road Rage Case
Source: Associated Press

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Jan 21, 2015, 5:15 PM ET

A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced a former New Mexico sheriff to 10 years in prison for abusing a driver in a bizarre, off-duty traffic stop that prosecutors described as a fit of road rage.

<snip>

According to prosecutors, Rodella pulled a gun on Michael Tafoya and struck him in the face with his badge because Tafoya cut him off in traffic.

Tafoya testified during the trial that he felt his life was in danger when Rodella chased him and pulled out his gun. "I said, 'Please, don't kill me,'" Tafoya told jurors.

Rodella, who was in plain clothes at the time, said Tafoya was a reckless driver whom he was trying to stop in the interest of public safety.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mexico-lawman-10-years-bizarre-road-rage-case-28379600
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 11:34 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us/justice-department-ferguson-civil-rights-darren-wilson.html

more riots
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 11:55 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
Pamela Rosa wrote:

oralloy wrote:

more riots

Could be, the american people dont give a damn about justice, we are reckless and we are pretty stupid.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 05:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm going to disagree with you...and with this lawyer...on this one, Bobsal.

The lawyer said, ""The video speaks for itself that at no point was Jerame Reid a threat and he possessed no weapon on his person," Walter Hudson, chairman and founder of the civil rights group the National Awareness Alliance, said Wednesday. "He complied with the officer and the officer shot him."

The officer CLEARLY said..."DO NOT MOVE...DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR."

The guy not only did not "not move"...he got out of the car.

How anyone can say this guy complied with the officer is beyond comprehension. He most assuredly did not.

0 Replies