The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 11:53 am
@revelette2,
And then BillRM chimes in and doesn't even acknowledge the post you were answering. How ignorant of truth is that?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 11:53 am
@BillRM,
Bullshit.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:34 pm
Ezell Ford Autopsy Suggests The Cops’ Story Might Not Add Up

"The official autopsy report for Ezell Ford, an unarmed, mentally ill black man shot to death by Los Angeles police in August, was released by the county coroner's office Monday after the Los Angeles Police Department lifted an investigative hold that had blocked the report from public view for over four months.

The coroner's investigation ruled Ford's death a homicide by multiple gunshot wounds.

Ford, 25, was killed by LAPD officers Sharlton Wampler and Antonio Villegas, both on gang enforcement detail, shortly after 8 p.m. on Aug. 11 in the Florence neighborhood of South LA. The report provides the first detailed account from authorities of his injuries.

According to the autopsy report, Ford was shot three times, resulting in two fatal wounds and one nonfatal."* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

*Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/ezell-ford-autopsy_n_6364352.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:58 pm
St. Louis police post tips on how to keep your child from being shot by police

by HunterFollow

Tweet
191 Comments / 191 New
http://images.dailykos.com/images/118372/large/tamir-rice-1.png?1417549423
Tamir Rice, police victim

Early Thursday morning a St. Louis police precinct put a post up on Facebook addressing no, not the Michael Brown case, but the shooting of a 12-year-old Cleveland child with an Airsoft toy pistol. The post was titled "Kids will be kids?". This did not go well and the post was deleted soon afterward but here's partial transcript, from a captured screenshot:

" [...] This article is not about this a boy losing his life, whether this was a justified shooting or, whether the cops acted too fast. This is about the Fenton Precinct making residents aware of a "hot" topic and learning from this incident so Fenton never loses a child's life.

If you or your children have an Airsoft or pellet gun please sit them down and talk to them about this tragedy. Your children should have rules for "toy" guns that mirror the rules of a real weapon. Pellet guns and Airsoft guns should not be allowed to be played with throughout the neighborhood, common grounds, or used to threaten or intimidate people. [...] Please inspect your child's Airsoft gun to make sure the orange tip has not been altered or removed. These guns are very realistic. [...]

Warn them that these "toys" do look like real guns and could result in the police getting called on them. [...] The police will respond lights and sirens and come to a screeching halt in the area where your child is playing with the gun. Here are some tips to help your child respond appropriately. Do not run away. They need to no longer have the guns in their hands, throw it away from them. They need to comply with officers instructions. They may be ordered to lie down on the ground. Clear communication between your child and the police is essential. Police need to know that it is a toy gun; I do hope I am explaining a scenario that will never happen in our area.

So again, "kids will be kids", and your children will continue playing war in the common grounds. Share this with your children; tell this story to families that might need this information, and encourage your kids to talk to classmates about this. Working together we will keep our community a safe place."

All right then.

I don't know what to say here. It seems bad timing in the extreme, but all of this is, in the current America, sensible advice. Kids today playing with toy weapons get shot by cops. It keeps happening. And large but unarmed black teens and men keep getting killed, and children in their cribs get their noses blown off, and a law enforcement culture that trains for excessive force—a Shock and Awe strategy implemented for everything from traffic stops to loose cigarette sales to a line of protesters—permeates it because that is what America wants. If America did not want it, it would stop. If America wanted to change it, it would change.

We don't, and so over the last few decades rules of engagement have put more and more burden on American 12 year olds to know what to do in order to avoid getting killed when the police come.

12:07 PM PT: The police chief has issued an apology for the post.

St. Louis County Police
December 4, 2014 at 11:40am ·

A message from Chief Jon Belmar regarding this morning's Facebook post:

"On Thursday, December 4, 2014, an officer assigned to the St. Louis County City of Fenton Precinct made a post on the precinct Facebook site that spoke about the death of 12 year-old, Tamir Rice of Cleveland, Ohio. The intention of the post was to inform citizens about the potential danger of airsoft or pellet guns resembling real guns. However, the post was a misguided communication strategy and was offensive to many people.

As Chief of Police, I apologize to Tamir’s family and anyone who was offended by the post. While the post did not originate from the Chief’s Office and I was unaware of its presence prior to its release, I realize the message was insensitive to Tamir’s family and the sorrow they are currently experiencing.

The post conveyed the message that my officers respond to calls involving a child with a gun with indiscretion and little regard for life. I want to emphasize that my officers respond to calls with discernment, and have the highest regard for human life. We train officers to take all facts and circumstances into consideration when making decisions about using force.

The Facebook post has been removed and because of this incident, the social media policy has been altered in order to prevent future occurrences. I know social media is an effective way to provide the public with information, and I will make every effort to ensure that we do it in a responsible manner. Our continued thoughts and prayers go out to Tamir’s family in this trying time."
Like · Comment
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:03 pm
Wed Dec 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM PST
The outcry over civil forfeiture leads Philadelphia DA to drop cases

by Walter EinenkelFollow for weinenkel

This is good (not great) news. It looks like Philadelphia DA Seth Williams is feeling the heat.

Quietly yesterday, Williams' office agreed to dismiss civil-forfeiture proceedings against two Philadelphia families whose homes were in jeopardy of being seized because a family member was accused of selling drugs at the properties.

Just so that you don't feel like the war on drugs is being lost because crazy progressive commies are attacking citizen extortion civil forfeiture:

As C.J. Ciaramella reports, the case against Christos Sourovelis's home (notably, not against the Sourovelises themselves) was particularly weak. The home was seized solely because of a $40 drug sale by their son.

In Welch's case, her estranged husband was selling marijuana out of the house while she was mostly confined to a bed upstairs by her disability.

This decision by D.A. Seth Williams comes after Sourovelis and three others filed a federal class-action lawsuit against the Philadelphia D.A.'s office. Is Philly really that bad? Yes.

From 2002 to 2012, Philadelphia took in almost $6 million annually and $64 million in total in civil forfeiture revenue, Sheth said.

During that time, 1,172 homes and other real property, 3,290 automobiles and other vehicles and more than $44 million in cash were seized.

To illustrate the appetite of the city's forfeiture machine, Sheth noted that while Philadelphia's population is smaller than those of Brooklyn, N.Y., and Los Angeles County, it brings in twice as much civil forfeiture revenue as those jurisdictions combined.

If you think Philadelphia's civil forfeiture squad feels contrite, think again!

"The class-action lawyers are trying to portray today's events as some sort of victory. The truth is that we resolve most of our real estate forfeiture actions by agreement, just as we are doing here, and we have been doing that since long before this lawsuit was filed.

"We do it because the purpose of the forfeiture process is to protect public safety and relieve neighborhoods of rampant drug dealing."

"Some sort" of victory is right. It's "some sort" of statement about not feasting off of your citizens like a mobster.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:55 pm
Here we go. Are you people(Bob et al) going to spend another year exaggerating a problem that hardly exists? I got news for, the black people have been told what their problem is. It is time to move on. If they wish to do nothing about it, oh well.
Stopping profiling, and handcuffing the police has little to do with stopping crime. Or make blacks stop dropping out of high school. In fact it enables it.

Another year of letting race baiters and self haters telling you how to think?
I bet it will be.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Another year you'll use propagating your racist crap?

I bet it will be..
coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:01 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Another year you'll use propagating your racist crap?

Show me some. There is nothing racist in what I say. That you have no other answer, besides name calling, is not my problem.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:21 pm
@coldjoint,
You are such a hypocrite.

You posted racist crap since your very first post here..

But you have demonstrated that you are one of the lowest forms of humankind.

I'll never overcome being of the same species as you..
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

And none of it is Bill de Blasio's fault.

Of course it isn't. Mayor de Blasio is being used as a utility for President Patrick Lynch's reelection ambition for another term as President of the Police Union who from all observant accounts is a petty, vindictive, spiteful narrow-minded official. (The NYTimes wrote a scathing article yesterday with respect to Lynch.) There has always been tensions between the Police Union and most Mayors of New York, but Lynch and former mayor Rudolph Giuliana* brought these conflicts to new heights. When candidate Rudy Giuliani, running against presiding Mayor David Dinkins, first African American New York City mayor, his rhetorical language against Mayor Dinkins implied the latter was not qualified to hold the position he had been voted into office to fill; the police, electrified by Giuliana's heated rhetoric at that time, walked across the Brooklyn bridge in defiance, overturning some cars, doing much mischief to make their dislike of the African American mayor known in a threatening manner. For a while it looked as if the national guard would have to be called in.

Let us be realistic, whites do not like to see the system change around them where some minorities are replacing whites in key positions, even temporarily. By the year 2040, the US minority will be the majority. Long before we get to that year, changes will be felt....we see it already via English and Spanish menus, and growing minorities in all walks of society and positions, TV announcers on major cable networks, which in the past had rarely been seen. I'm almost sure a Latino will soon will be president (see Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio of Florida...not that either of them will stand a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president of the US) and or non-whites including Japanese-Americans, Native Americans, Chinese-Americans, Korean-Americans, will all have easier access to the highest position in America––––the US presidency.

Since minority discrimination is alive and well all over the US, anytime African Americans attain the top position there will be opposition —— grievances with political/racial overtones, critics seizing on any opportunity to wreck minorities' progress. As one of a2k's most discerning poster, Bobsal u1553115, conjectured in an earlier post, the single most salient issue which has given this clash between de Blasio vs Patrick Lynch/NYC police legs, is the obvious factor, de Blasio has an African American wife, and mixed raced children; there are many New Yorkers who resent this picture.

Unfortunately, de Blasio is correct in that his half-racial child must be doubly careful when out and about in society because our cultural society has spoken in actions and deeds that it's alright to murder black men and women because the prosecuting attorney will make sure the police killer will be found NOT GUILTY.
_______
*A word here must be mentioned regarding Rudolph Giuliani's personality. He was New York's mayor for two terms. While in office he and his wife, former TV reporter, Donna Hanover, became estranged; however, Donna, refused to move out of Gracie Manor, the Mayor's official New York home; they slept in separate bedrooms adjacent to each other and sounds could be heard coming from said rooms.

The highly insensitive Rudy Giuliana brought his new girlfriend in to spend the night several times a week -- to sleep and make love to in the room next door to his current wife, Donna. This was so extremely emotionally disturbing to Donna that she took the mayor to court and asked the judge to give a restraining order to her husband preventing him from bringing his girlfriend, now his current wife, into the home they still shared. Rudy stopped bringing his girlfriend into the home where Donna and their children still resided. Donna and Rudy's son has publicly turned his back on his father because of the way his mother was treated. Rudolph Giuliani is lucky indeed! Had the fu*ker been my husband, bringing in another women to scr*w in the room next to mine, he would not be alive today.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:47 pm
@timur,
Quote:

You posted racist crap since your very first post here..

You are simply full of ****, like so many other of the real hypocrites here.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:53 pm
@coldjoint,
I will not go around preaching hatred of black people or Muslims.

I maybe be full of **** but I'll never attain the level of bovine defecation you have uttered.

You are truly human garbage.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:56 pm
@timur,
Quote:
I will not go around preaching hatred of black people or Muslims.

I don't either. You have nothing to back up your statement. Now stop your lying or show me some proof.

timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:01 pm
@coldjoint,
You are the liar and I don't follow orders, especially from human trash..
coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:03 pm
@timur,
Quote:
You are truly human garbage.

I would say that you are the garbage here. I do not deny reality, or choose to not confront what is so obviously evil. You do. And that is what is rotting our society.

That I relate the truth about Islam is not hateful. Islam is hateful you idiot. And I have nothing against blacks but realize it is a problem only they can solve. And discouraging personal responsibility and putting the blame for their failure on others is wrong.
timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:08 pm
@coldjoint,
It's people like you that are rotting our society.

I'm dismayed that you are part of it.

What you think is the truth, are wild imaginings of a sick mind.

You are a spineless little worm..
coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:13 pm
@timur,
Quote:
are wild imaginings of a sick mind.

That is perfect description of Islam. Would you like to tell me what the truth is? I explained myself. It seems you can only call me names.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:14 pm
@timur,
Quote:
It's people like you that are rotting our society.

the rot takes place mostly because of stupidity, greed, and the closely related " I got mine so **** you!"

People like coldjoint here on A2K arguing ideas are not even a little bit of the problem, we actually need to see a lot more of it.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:17 pm
@timur,
Quote:
I don't follow orders

The Hell you don't. You are in lock step with every magic liberal here. Bloviating about imaginary phobias and refusing to count bodies and assign blame to anything but the country that raised you.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:18 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
the rot takes place mostly because of stupidity,

Yep, Coldjoint is profusely endowed with it..