PLEASE help me, what does this mean? I am so upset

Cholay

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 12:57 am
I'm going to make this as short as possible...

So sorry for this being so long, but if you could read it and reply it'd mean the world to me.

So I was at the fair with my friend and we met this really cute guy. We both thought he was super cute and we both liked him, but my friend would push me out of the way when I would walk with him so she could walk with him instead. She started snapchatting him and he eventually just gave her his number over snapchat so they obviously talked a lot...she tries to impress him and I snapchatted him a few times but he talks to her way more. What I don't get though, is that he talks to me in person a lot just not snapchat/texting? When I try to snapchat him just like a picture of what I'm doing he will open and not respond. And me and my friend and him were walking around he would walk next to both of us. But later he left us saying he had to go grab his friend and for us to wait for him so we waited and he never showed up. We saw him 10 minutes later walking with a group of guys and he was with a girl, a couple actually. I really like him a lot and my friend doesn't seem to get it. don't talk to really any guys and she talks to a TON. She steals away any chance I get, I've tried talking to her about it but she acts like I'm stupid/desperate. I just want a chance for once. Please help me, I don't know what he thinks of me or my friend.

- He also always looks at me and smiles and if he'll like tell a joke he'll look to see if I'm laughing, but I'm pretty sure he does this with my friend too. I like him so much it hurts and I want this to work so badly.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,176 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 05:37 am
@Cholay,
Say to him when you see him (and not on Snapchat, but in person), "___ (whatever his name is), do you want to get a soda?"

And then if he says yes or otherwise agrees to meet you, go. Have fun. At the end of it say something like, "I had a really good time. Can we go on more of a date next time?"

Then he'll know that you're interested, and it will be away from your friend, who seems oblivious at best and possibly just kind of insensitive to your shyness.

I know it can be weird, and your culture might make it even stranger, but shy people often like it when others take the initiative. So take it! And if it turns out he doesn't like you like that, then you know for sure and all you invested was the time to ask him for a soda and drink that soda.

Knowing is pretty much always better than not knowing.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 06:40 am
@Cholay,
Two observations.

1. Sounds like you need a new friend
2. Also sounds like he is just not into you. He gave your friend his number and not you. And no matter how much you may like him, if he doesn't feel that way about you there is not much you can do.
0 Replies

Cholay

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 01:25 pm
@jespah,
I won't even be able to see him again I don't think. I was supposed to see him again today but the plans got cancelled so all I'm left with is his snapchat.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 07:07 pm
I don't know that she needs a new friend, but she sure doesn't need that one around when she's trying to talk to a guy.

Some girls just easily attract guys (shrugs). From my experience, girls like that really don't understand that for other people it's hard.

They aren't the best to have around when you're talking to a guy.
0 Replies