29 year old male divorce questions please help

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 08:53 pm
Me and my wife have separated and she wants a full divorce I have a few questions I am 29 years old and we have been together for 11 years this december I moved out got my own place but I had a decent relationship with my mother in law she was very supportive with everything and the question I have is my mother in law calls me some times to see how I'm. Going and tells me the latest stuff going on and I don't answer most time because its my wfe mother and should I bring the comunaction with her as well as the whole family I don't talk to my mother she is told a good person and its always about my mother so I don't talk to her
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,233 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:16 pm
@eddie5031,
Basically, it's your divorce. I would be inclined to keep it that way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:19 pm
@eddie5031,
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if it is ok to continue to have a relationship with your ex-wife's family?

Are you asking if you should answer questions your mother-in-law asks about your marriage?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 09:22 pm
@eddie5031,
The big question I have is what type of divorce you will have. Are you and your wife going to mostly agree and work together, or are you going to fight it out.

If there is any risk that you will be fighting over your divorce, you should obviously be very careful about what you say to your wife's mother.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 10:03 pm
Can you help me out with the last three lines. See if I have it understood as intended, your ex-MIL is in good terms and calls you from time, but I got confused when you mentioned, are you also on good terms with her? Is it becoming a battle of the families, choosing sides or whatever. I hope it goes well for you, write again if it gets more complicated.

But please be careful about what you say and what you say to others. People love to talk about other people's lives, marriage's and especially divorces.
Also, when to talk to your MIL don't inform her of ANYTHING your lawyer asks you to think about or implement. Even if she says 'Oh of course you probably did __________, even if you did, it would be sabotaging yourself. Divorce is depressing, infuriating, and if you don't consult with you lawyer you can wind up in a pot load of trouble.
0 Replies

Michelle 14617

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:00 am
@eddie5031,
Its nice she keeps in touch. Yet with her calling often and if she is very personal or doing all the talking and if it is about your x . I think it is keeping you from getting on with your life. Seperationshould be separation. Suggest to x mother inlaw to keep conversations light as it is hard for you to recover from this divorce and to be pressed by her in thinking about x is not in your best intrest in building a new life. .
0 Replies