40 Iraqis Killed At Wedding!

Tarantulas

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 03:13 am
It's funny how you assume that people worry about your opinion of them. I (for one) don't give a rat's ass what you think of me.

Quote:
MR. SENOR: Yes, ma'am?

Q (Through interpreter.) Lelia Shimari (ph), the Harab (ph) Newspaper. I have two questions. The investigations ongoing, were you able to determine the identities of the foreigners who were in the al Qaim incident? The increase in security problems during this period led to increase of fear with the Iraqis. Is there anything new that the coalition force is doing to reestablish faith between itself and the Iraqi citizens?

GEN. KIMMITT: The foreigners that were involved in the al Qaim incident -- actually it was about 85 kilometers southwest, close to the Syrian border.

We haven't got that information of substantiating who they are. I understand that there were a number of passports, foreign passports involved in the incident. I think it is not -- it's just a matter of time before we have that information. We tried to get it today, and because of the distances involved, we just weren't able to get it.

But I think that's a very important question you asked, which is are we continuing our efforts to try to staunch the flow of the smugglers and the foreign fighters coming into this country. Absolutely. That was the purpose of the operation the other night. We had credible intelligence, multiple sources of intelligence which caused us to conduct this operation on a known infiltration route. When we got on the ground, we picked up pieces of equipment characteristic of those that would be used by foreign fighters, would be used by any insurgents. And that's why we continue to be somewhat confounded by the reports that we are seeing based elsewhere.

This is part of our responsibility. Iraqi security forces and the coalition forces, acting in a partnership, not only are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in the cities, but also along the border regions as well. That's why we have forces out there watching the borders, that's why we have border police services out there watching the borders, that's why we've increased the budget by almost $60 million to enhance the capabilities of the border police, that's why we've closed down some of the border crossing points. It is a long-term project. We are continuing that effort because we recognize that among other methods that need to be used to maintain a safe and secure environment in Iraq, stopping the flow of infiltration along the borders is one of those methods that need to be accomplished.

Link
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 05:01 am
IT's obvious that you don't give a flying f@ck what any decent human being thinks.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 05:20 am
What I find the most disturbing is that fact that we are willing to kill women and children and the fact that our soldiers are laughing about it while they are doing it. Ever since the 9/11 America has been sliding down an ugly path of hate and disregard for other people other than ourselves. I don't like what our country is becoming in the name of "fighting for freedom lovers." That is what I meant by America loosing its soul of what used to make America great.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 05:26 am
There's some sick twisted individuals who actually think what the US is doing now is what makes it great.
0 Replies