I feel ashamed about something I don't feel is true?

mac1797

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 04:16 pm
When I was in the second grade, this girl in my class accused me of threatening her to borrow a pencil and that I said that if I didn't give her a pencil I'd choke her on a certain day of the week... I know this sounds crazy, but when it happened, I was really upset and I genuinely couldn't remember saying anything of those things. I couldn't believe I said that and I was a wreck for like a week but my friends were supportive and I didn't get in trouble. The girl accusing me of this was the quietest, most timid girl ever so I couldn't believe she was lying but I didn't remember doing it, and I couldn't imagine myself doing it.
I feel like from the point forward in my life that adults are out to get me and I don't trust that anything I do is right or any of the choices I have made are right. I am constantly doubting myself and not until recently I couldn't figure out why.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,653 • Replies: 6
No top replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 04:29 pm
@mac1797,
I don't quite understand how this single incident should weigh so heavily on you. We all have past regrets. It's how we move on that determines who we are. I understand you feel having been wrongly accused. Yet the incident is so relatively minor in the grand scheme of things that, unless it happend yesterday, I'm sure it is far from the minds of others. To the extent that it continues to lurk in your thinking, you may decide to ask a professional to help you through.

0 Replies

mac1797

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 04:38 pm
I haven't been thinking about it daily. It just today came to my mind and I thought that might be the reason why I don't trust myself. I am 15 years old.
@neologist
neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 05:58 pm
@mac1797,
Quote:
I am 15 years old.
Thought that, possibly.
I'll have to tell you that a great many of your friends are feeling similar mental anguish, but do not talk about it. I experienced it. Most of the folks I know will now say the same. Try talking to a trusted adult. That may be all you need.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:10 pm
When I was in first grade, the school had exterior stairs. They were concrete, with concrete bannisters. I led the pack in sliding down those things. I mean, I had finally found something I was good at. Well, you don't want to do that unless you want a butt wide bare spot in the middle of your butt. Back to class, I was the first called to perform on the black board. They laughed. All of them.

I was never confident about public speaking since. These things stay with you. I can easily empathize on the pencil incident, whether it happened or not.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:22 pm
Quote:
Mac said: The girl accusing me of this was the quietest, most timid girl ever so I couldn't believe she was lying but I didn't remember doing it, and I couldn't imagine myself doing it.

Just because a girl has got the face of an angel doesn't mean she's not a nasty little liar! There's an old saying- "Face of an angel, heart of a devil".
Or she might just be nuts. Either way, forget it..Smile
0 Replies

annaluv

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:17 pm
@mac1797,
I have a lot of shame and regrets from when I was younger, if you said you are 15 im around your age Smile but my brother tells me that I cant change my past so might as well let it go
0 Replies