is lack of utilities electric, water enough to call CPS?

1gerty

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:09 pm
I'm pretty sure this father has his 3 yr old daughter isolated. They live on a secluded property in a "cabin" he built himself ( not to code).its a small town so I have an idea where. There is no electricity or clean running water. She told me they go potty (both ways) outside. She said she wants her mommy and looked sad. Sh seems small for her age and I was surprised by her telling me this because she was so small, I thought she was much younger. When her dad came back in earshot she stopped talking. It was like she was asking for help. Is no electricity or water or heat enough to call CPS?what will CPS do?

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:16 pm
@1gerty,
Why would you post this on an internet message board instead of immediately calling the police?

She could be one of the thousands of missing kids in this country. Please call the authorities and tell them what you told us.

If you are wrong, at least someone will learn of their living conditions and get some help for them.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 01:45 am
@1gerty,
CPS, local police, whatever. You need to report this immediately.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 07:47 am
I've lived off-grid (no utilities) and knew of several other families that did the same. Lots of off-grid families include children that survived into adulthood much better than the suburban children that were neglected by their parents that were too busy pursuing careers in the big city.

To claim neglect strictly because someone is raising their children off-grid shows a level of prejudice I find almost alarmist.

Cool your jets. If the girl is being abused there are lots of signs much more significant than going 'potty (both ways)' in the woods and living in a home-built house without utility generated electricity.

Rap
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 01:23 pm
@raprap,
My advice to contact authorities comes mainly from these two statements that I think are very significant:

Quote:
She said she wants her mommy and looked sad

Quote:
When her dad came back in earshot she stopped talking. It was like she was asking for help.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:03 am
@Butrflynet,
Absolutely. I, too, have lived off-grid for lengthy periods in two totally different venues; it's not about that. There's something suspicious about the behavior of this pair as the o.p. has indicated. I believe the authorities should take a quick gander here.
0 Replies