Just a little help for children

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 03:42 pm
I know this family who lives in an old house with no heat, air conditioner, water, or power. But they're good parents to their 3 kids, and I really don't want to call any agency group about it because I don't want them to take the kids away.

What hurts the most is seeing their little girl, she's 10. She's a pretty girl, and very smart, and I want to help her so bad but I can't. It kills me when I see her in the heat, barefooted, asking for money for a drink.

I want to help, but my situation prevents me from doing that. Any national groups or organizations I can contact to request aid for that family? They just need a little help, they're good people and I do NOT want to rip that family apart, they've been through more than enough.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,740 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 04:14 pm
@MichiganMan,
This is a job for Child Protective Services. I know what you just wrote, but this really is their job. Also, in all seriousness, a child living through Michigan winters in a house without heat is going to complain to someone about the cold. And if she doesn't, then you have got to wonder why she's keeping quiet, and who is making her stay quiet. See where I'm going with this? They can't be wonderful parents to this child if they are keeping her in a home where she could easily freeze to death.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 07:33 am
@MichiganMan,
A child should not be out begging for any kind of basic needs in order to survive.

Can you approach the adults and ask if there's anything you can do?

Does the local church have a program that could help?

Bring in some help on this. You need not tackle this alone.

0 Replies

TreeMomma

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 12:55 pm
@MichiganMan,
A local church. Anyone you may know personally who wouldn't mind donating some groceries or have the courage to ask the parents the situation and.what could be helped with. It wasn't that long ago all humans lived without electricity or running water.
0 Replies