Powell Admits False WMD Claim

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:29 pm
Lightwizard writes: "McGentrix, you're reverting to your usual ineffective baiting game. I understand the article and what he admitted to. If you don't, I'm the one that feels sorry for you."

Better be careful Lightwizard, or they'll lock down this thread too. Laughing
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:43 pm
Foxfyre : You're right. The difference is in the substance : nobody really gives a tihs about gravity, even though they should.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:46 pm
Only if the corn holing reaches epidemic proportions in the Adirondacks, info.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 01:46 pm
The world is finally coming to see the emporer wears no clothes, and so does his followers <sigh>
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:13 pm
BillW astutely observes, "The world is finally coming to see the emporer wears no clothes, and so does his followers."

Birds of a feather flock together?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:45 pm
!
Anyone witness the actual UN presentation? I did and I noticed that Tenet was sitting right behind Powell. TV ran a clip yesterday and it was interesting in the demeanor on Tenet's face. Only my observation but he looked like a person that knew that the other person was spewing lies.

Powell is a phoney. He knew at the time that the info was bogus. He knows now that it wasn't the CIA who forwarded the bogus info but the Office of Special Plans run by Cheney. The NeoFascists needed to convince the American people and Congress to invade Iraq and info was manufactured for that very purpose. Wolfowitz, in rare candor said in a Vanity Fair interveiw that the WMD situation was the best scenerio to forward.

Powell is trying to clean up his legacy now but he is still being a weasle. He, as usual is espousing half truths. He has been a boot clicking, lackey for the Right Wing ever since he did his best to cover up the My Lai massacre.

The entire BushCo Crime syndicate has been the biggest disgrace since Nixon's Plumbers did their best to subvert the Constitution. Raygun's Iran/Contra opererative come in a 3rd in this contest of Constitution shredders.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:41 am
The only way Powell can "clean up" the legacy is for him to come completely clean. No parsing, no BS - just tell the truth of the incompetence and criminal actions that are ongoing in the Bush Regime. Of course, I do believe he is kept out of some of the most heinous acts - still, he could give great testimony at trial rather than being a defendant.
0 Replies

Solon

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 09:50 am
Colin Powell might not know much of the supposed incompetence and the hypothetical criminal acts that are possibly ongoing in the Bush Administration, or he might know it all. Either way, a public release of every mistake would neither whet the flames of his opposotion nor allow his supporters refuge.
0 Replies