Health systems around the world

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:26 pm
Eventough i know i can find this information elsewhere on the net i am more interested i learning from direct experiences from people worldwide. Since this forum has quite a good mix of international fellows, i think we can share our experiences.

Background: A fellow member had stated on multiple posts that EnglandĀ“s free health service are really awful. This do not corresponds to the concept i have of the British system. I had always admired the social health services of first world countries.

I am from Mexico. The health service is called Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), it provides healt care for people working on legal tax paying workplaces. It covers their children, spouse, and parents.

The system has a huge population, and there is not enough Doctors available, that makes that the clinics are always full. It has problems attending short non dangerous diseases. But it works marvelously for chronic diseases.

I will answer any question, and also i will ask many questions to anyone who wishes to participate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,719 • Replies: 0
No top replies