Mexico UFO sightings...

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:10 pm
May 12, Foxnews posts that the Mexican air force spots something they believe was a UFO, or multiple UFO's...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119705,00.html

More from BBC news...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3707057.stm

And USA today
http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2004-05-12-mexico-ufos_x.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2004-05-13-ufo-mexico_x.htm

Here it is posted that some try to pass this off as ball lightening...
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/05/17/mexico.ufos.reut/index.html

I'd love to hear what people think of all of this. Why do scientists try so hard to find a so called rational explanation... I can't imagine believing that there is no possibility of there being other intelligent life in the universe. I mean, you'd have to change some science books, and some religious people would be upset, but if the shoe fits, wear it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,047 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Charli

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:10 pm
The UFO's are real!
The UFO's are real! Not a doubt in my mind. Prove it? Prove they're not! With how many quadrillions of stars in the universe and the nearest one to earth being nine Light Years away . . . How can we possibly be "alone" in this vastness? Key UFO into a Google search. There's some excellent material available done over many years by credible researchers.[/color]
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:06 am
I'm just not understanding how scientists are trying to sneak around it. Why is it so hard to find the truth in this world?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:55 am
I saw this on the news and was facsinated that all major news stations carried it AND didn't try to refute it. I have yet to see a plausible explanation, but what is most interesting is that the news, for once, took it seriously and didn't downplay it. One (Fox, I think) actually gave it credibility due to it being from an Air Force unit rather than a Joe Somebody in Arizona sighting.

Fascinating!
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 08:41 am
The last link up there was about scientists trying to refute it. Did you see it?
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 08:54 am
Usually UFO activity is strongly correlated with political crisis (a.k.a. distraction strategy).

In this case, my guess would be Iraq.

Relative.

P.S. At least one quoted 'researcher' (in fox article) is incorrect in saying
Quote:

"This is historic news," Maussan said. "Hundreds of videos [of UFOs] exist, but none had the backing of the armed forces of any country. ... The armed forces don't perpetuate frauds."

Nothing at all is historic about that. Mexico and Brazil are long known because of their army supporting UFO cases, and several very persuasive cases exist of their officers testifying, along with official film footage/pictures.

Look it up with google, I lost my links a while back, but was once very interested in this stuff.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:12 am
Re: The UFO's are real!
Charli wrote:
With how many quadrillions of stars in the universe and the nearest one to earth being nine Light Years away . . . How can we possibly be "alone" in this vastness?[/color]

This is absolutely correct. However, that is not proof for existance of UFO's by any mean. Fact that there is surely life somewhere else in Universe still does not mean that civilization on at least one of those planets is so much more developed then ours that they are able to visit us.
Because we are not talking about "more developed" civilization. It would take development higher of ours beyond every possible understanding.
And it's science-fiction.
It is not ENTIRELY impossible, but is highly highly unlikely.
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:22 am
There's one little bit, but a surprising one: it is called Fermi's paradox.

In simple words: If there was intelligent life in the Universe, and fast space travel was possible, then the whole Universe should have been settled by now and UFO's flying all around.
The fact that they are not is the paradox.
google search : http://www.google.com/search?q=fermi%27s+paradox&ie=UTF-8&hl=sl&lr=

Relative.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:31 am
yeah I know Fermi's paradox. But there are also many interesting contra arguments. I am closest to one that says that there is absolutely no ground for definite claim that fast space travel is possible somewhere in Universe.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:51 am
So, anyone know Spanish that can tell us if the pilot said "I just pooped my pants" or "Okay, we have the glow sticks you wanted us to film in our sites."????
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:56 am
MyOwn : I agree - looks like all is black for little green men these days.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:07 am
yeah, unfortunately...because despite my opinions I would really be incredibly happy and excited if I turn out to be wrong and one day somebody visits us.
Except for the fact that it would change entire human society, from philosophy to religion, I would like that mainly for banal reasons - I wonder what is their music like...what sports they have...what their cities look like...do they have some new interesting things for eat and drink...did they met Captain Kirk ever...
what can i say, I'm childish Smile
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:10 am
Sometimes I take my Newton telescope and turn it towards the stars.. and then I'm childish too.

Relative
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:37 am
That reminds me...I have to phone home.
0 Replies

sonny007

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 10:59 am
Mexico UFO
I saw those bright, glowing objects on TV here on the local news in New York City. Funny thing is that in about 1964 when I was living at a sleep-away camp in rural central Michigan, I saw those same lights in the sky. I remember there being two clusters of lights "flying" in formation in the bright blue afternoon sky. After a few seconds of slow travel, they zoomed across the sky and beyond the horizon with incredible speed. I was about 12 years old at the time. I didn't know what these objects were and probably had never heard of the term "UFO", so I really didn't think anything of it, because, as a kid, I just figured who would care what some kid saw in the sky. I never told any one of this sighting and really just forgot about it until I saw those pictures a week or so ago on TV. My sighting was very similar, if not exactly the same. So, you can take this any way you want, but this is what I saw, this was my experience...Sonny email:[email protected]
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:06 am
The Mexican event had all the characteristics of ball lightning, a poorly understood atmospheric phenomenon that acts, from our perspective, kind of weird.
0 Replies

sonny007

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:07 am
I saw those bright, glowing objects on TV here on the local news in New York City. Funny thing is that in about 1964 when I was living at a sleep-away camp in rural central Michigan, I saw those same lights in the sky. I remember there being two clusters of lights "flying" in formation in the bright blue afternoon sky. After a few seconds of slow travel, they zoomed across the sky and beyond the horizon with incredible speed. I was about 12 years old at the time. I didn't know what these objects were and probably had never heard of the term "UFO", so I really didn't think anything of it, because, as a kid, I just figured who would care what some kid saw in the sky. I never told any one of this sighting and really just forgot about it until I saw those pictures a week or so ago on TV. My sighting was very similar, if not exactly the same. So, you can take this any way you want, but this is what I saw, this was my experience...Allen, Brooklyn, NY email:[email protected]
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:35 pm
I just HOPE they are ball lightning, because exotic plasma physics could lend us a hand at nuclear fusion while oil is depleting. On the other hand, if it's aliens, well who knows when we'll get the helping hand..

Relative
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:27 pm
I think I remember learning tha tball lightening didn't last very long at all, unlike the balls of light that they saw that day.

...and don't even TRY to say its swamp gas, LOL.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:34 pm
Not swamp gas, but there was the annual frijoles days going on at the time.
0 Replies