What is this forum like?

Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:13 am
I want to ask a question about this forum.
Who is the moderator and how long you people 'operating'?
Where is COC for this place so I know not to do this and welcome to do other things? Do you know each other on FB? Whatever you can tell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 3,458 • Replies: 71

View best answer, chosen by Eliusa
dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:26 am
@Eliusa,
I've noted (1) much airing of intellectual issues; (2) of q's by the English as a Second Language student; (3) of personal problems

COC = Code of Conduct; I'm sure Eli there is one and undoubtedly somebody will advise you how to get there. However a2k has to be the single most liberal forum on the Net; if there are rules virtually nobody observes 'em

Quote:
Do you know each other on FB?
Some of us do accrue a rep
Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:29 am
@dalehileman,
Thanks much
dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 10:58 am
@Eliusa,
Quite welcome, Eli
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:03 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
However a2k has to be the single most liberal forum on the Net; if there are rules virtually nobody observes 'em

You haven't been on the Net much, have you.
Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:06 am
@maxdancona,
Why? Because it is not the most liberal?
I am a member in 2 other places and our mods treating us like kids but it is more professional places so maybe that's why.
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:09 am
If you piss us off , we'll kill you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:10 am
@Eliusa,
I'm one of the 'old timers' on a2k, and most of the censorship that used to happen in the earlier days are gone. The "freedom of speech" is alive and well on a2k. The only prohibition is trying to 'sell' something on any forum of a2k. Otherwise, most things are open for discussion.

BTW, Welcome to a2k.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:13 am
@Eliusa,
Eliusa wrote:

Where is COC for this place so I know not to do this and welcome to do other things?

You might find what you are looking for here:
http://able2know.org/about/tos/
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:26 am
@Eliusa,
He means "liberal" in the US political sense (which I believe is called " conservative" in Europe). He says that because many of us believe that poor people should be allowed to live when they get sick and that kids should be taught in science class the the Earth is more than 10,000 years old.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:29 am
@Setanta,
I am not going down without a fight mind you!
Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
That is a way to go! Thanks for greeting.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:49 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You haven't been on the Net much, have you.
To the contrary Max, during the past 17 years I've probably been thrown off more forums that you've attended
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:50 am
@Eliusa,
Good for you.
Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:53 am
@dalehileman,
ROFLMAO...
I see you have more of a problems-in-love subjects here.
What are you people just having affairs and cheating and breaking up all the time so you are long time forum members? Smile
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:54 am
@Eliusa,
Most of the membership are very eccentric, so be warned.

If you ever wish to have a completely serious chat about anything, my pet Llama and I would be more than happy to give you some of our sensible opinions.

What? I ......you really want me to ask her that? Ok......

Pedro wants fo know about the quuality of meadow grass in your area?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:59 am
Welcome aboard. We are very outgoing and friendly here. Except for the times when we are not.
 https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWavVjWIvIKO8N3GokWjbBWJ9EZurCX3oUYx7lwy_IOtjAW31Q1w
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:01 pm
@Eliusa,
No, what happens is that people go online to look for relationship advice, and this place pops up in their search. The more relationship threads there are, th more likely that A2K will be found in a search. Most of the people who start relationship threads don't participate in any of the other discussions. A few years ago, some people came here to discuss incest. For a while, it snowballed and every lame jerk online who wanted to a Penthouse letters style of post bragging about nailing his mother or his sister whoed up here, because it popped up in an online search. But they started getting laughed at and were called liars, so that faded away. People here continue to attempt to give people good advace about relationships, so that will probably be a permanent feature.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Welcome aboard. We are very outgoing and friendly here. Except for the times when we are not.
 https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWavVjWIvIKO8N3GokWjbBWJ9EZurCX3oUYx7lwy_IOtjAW31Q1w

Where did you get a picture of me drowning Edgar?!
Eliusa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:08 pm
@Setanta,
Harder for you though Smile