If I said I Love You

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 08:47 pm
If you knew someone in a non Romantic way.
Who thought of you as a friend.
And who thought you were Special through words and acts of thoughtfulness.
And one day they said to you I love You.
How would you feel?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 414 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 08:54 pm
@curious969 ,
Heh, I actually got that today (I had agreed to help out a friend's business). This friend is very happy, and if we were in person, I'm sure we would have hugged.

Of course it made me feel good to hear it. But it wasn't romantic, nor would I want it to be. This friend is married, and so am I, and we live on opposite sides of the continent. We're also the same gender but are both straight, but I would feel this way if this friend was a straight man saying this to me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 08:54 pm
@curious969 ,
pissed off! Smile

Humor aside, did he/she say it in a romantic notion or just as a friend
"I love you"? Those three words are used ad nauseam in the English language and might not hold what you think is uttered in all seriousness.

However, if it was, I would stress the friendship factor - the platonic one!
luismtzzz

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:38 am
@CalamityJane,
Jane is right. The problem of the world love is that English lenguage makes it confusing. Spanish has a specific world for non romantic love "querer" and one for romantic love "amar" this makes everything simple.

So I also agree with jespah. Try to feel happy. You made a good job take the compliment as what it is. Do not jump into conclusions.
0 Replies