Chlamydia: only bacteria susceptible to cause a genital infection?

Iw

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:36 pm
I have an intercourse triggered chronic pain in the perineum and reasons to believe there is an infection. Is Chlamydia the only bacteria susceptible to cause a genital infection? Can't an infection be triggered by a factor other than a bacteria?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,715 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:42 pm
No - that's why you should go to the Dr. to get checked out.

Your "infection" could be one of many things.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:49 pm
@Iw,
Quote:
I have an intercourse triggered chronic pain in the perineum and reasons to believe there is an infection.

Did a doctor gave you the diagnosis of an infection? Did he performed a culture?

There are other more simple causes of genital and perineal pain not related to infectious disease. I doubt that you have seen a doctor. Better make an appointment to be checked.

Quote:
Is Chlamydia the only bacteria susceptible to cause a genital infection?

No is not the only bacterial cause of infection, there is a huge number of pathogens that can cause genital al perneal area diseases. They range from common normal flora infections, to contagious STDĀ“s. Chlamydia mostly cause infection out of sight, like in the cervix.

Quote:
Can't an infection be triggered by a factor other than a bacteria?!

If you are a female, yes infections can be caused aby i big number of factors like change in hormonal rythm, bad hygiene, alterations of the normal vaginal flora, etc.

In males it can also happen espontaneously, more frequently in non circumsized males. But is not as common as with females.

CONCLUSION

Do an appointment to a trustable doctor. Stop guessing.
Iw

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:43 pm
@luismtzzz,
I ask following a consultation with an overseas Dr who rebuffed my claim there could be an infection, because Chlamydia came out negative. I had a big hunch this was fishy, but wanted external validation. My thanks to the respondents.
0 Replies