I have a crush on my best friend

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 03:38 am
I have a crush on my best friend, and yes my best friend is female, just to avoid confusion. She feels the same yet doesn't take the initiative and still dates abusive guys we each know how the other feels about the other I have asked her out more then once after having found out how she feels what do I do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 825 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:11 am
@icey1985,
Quote:
I have asked her out more then once after having found out how she feels
What did she say when you asked her out? If she said no each time, then I guess she only wants to be friends with you for now, so stop bugging her. If she said yes, then great. Take her out. If she said maybe or was unsure, then give her time. If she doesn't accept your date invitation in a reasonable time, then maybe it was her way of letting you down easy. So go find someone else to crush on.
jespah

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 06:09 am
@CoastalRat,
I would just add (and the advice is excellent as always. G'morning, CoastalRat) that you may be somewhat idealizing her because of her choices in relationships. Plus you might be behaving unfairly toward these men (I am assuming you are female, so this is a same-sex attraction; please correct me if I'm in error).

The fantasy of 'saving' someone can be a rather powerful one, even if they don't need or want saving, and even if the rescue that's being offered is sexual only.
0 Replies