Chicago now a war zone

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 04:45 am
http://www.thenewsnerd.com/local/82-shot-chicago-considered-war-zone-military-deployed/

Quote:

Mayor Rahm Emmanuel has called on the assistance of the United States military to help patrol the blood-soaked streets of Chicago. The unprecedented move is one step away from declaring total martial law in the nation’s third most populous city....

The one variable which correlates most perfectly with every sort of urban pathology in the United States is degree of democrat infestation; i.e. it's precisely in all of the places in which old style democrat machine politics prevails most strongly that you find all the grief.

Common sense dictates that the first thing you'd do to try to fix the problems would be outlaw and ban the democrat party, round its leaders up and put them in cages in the national zoo on Connecticut Ave., Wash. D.C., weld the bars shut, and put up signs warning people not to feed them.

Getting rid of the insane "War on Drugs" would also help, i.e. take the money out of the thing which drives much of the grief. That would entail also taking on the prison/industrial complex and the prison-guard unions but, again, that would be easier to do with the dem party gone.

The other thing which would help would be skeet/sporting-clay fields in urban areas, i.e. let the inner city youth get the shooting thing out of their systems without anybody getting croaked.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,290 • Replies: 11
No top replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 05:06 am
@gungasnake,
Wouldn't have anything to do with the insane availability of firearms or the hate filled rhetoric spewed out by the likes of you, would it?.

You surely are one in twenty five Gunga.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 06:09 am
@gungasnake,
Ho hum, same ole same ole.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 07:14 am
@JTT,
Laughing Laughing
Forgive me J2T's but that is hilarious.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 07:31 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Wouldn't have anything to do with the insane availability of firearms or the hate filled rhetoric spewed out by the likes of you, would it?.

No it wouldn't.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 09:10 am
@gungasnake,
Your hate filled Democratic inanity is just psychopathic babble.

Agree with you on drugs issue. Should be dealt with by social and health services not the law.

Bring the kids out for a days shooting and that'll sort them out, you're proving my point on guns.

Why don't we try giving them good jobs, a better standard of living, HOPE.

******* guns....
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:24 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/local/82-shot-chicago-considered-war-zone-military-deployed/

Quote:

Mayor Rahm Emmanuel has called on the assistance of the United States military to help patrol the blood-soaked streets of Chicago. The unprecedented move is one step away from declaring total martial law in the nation’s third most populous city....

This would be an interesting story if there were even a grain of truth in it. But once again GungasnaKKKe is snookered by the liars who populate right-wingnutsylvania.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 11:06 am
http://thedailybanter.com/2014/07/chicago-dangerous-northern-ireland-war-zone/

Comment

stacib23
4 days ago
As a resident of the south side, I'm living with this daily. Just this morning, a mother of five was shot and killed on the inbound Dan Ryan Expressway. She is the second to die by gunfire in her family; her younger brother was killed just under a year ago. It's a nightmare. So many of us are dumbfounded on what to do. People have done tons of prayer vigils, there are supposedly more police walking beats and the killings go on. From my perspective, this all escalated with the demolition of the projects. There was little thought put into where these people would go and the conflicts that would arise between warring gangs in these new neighrborhoods. In my opinion, there is also the aging of all the "crack babies" of the 90s who are now teenagers and young adults. These kids seem to have something missing in their hearts. You can look in their eyes and see they expect no future. It's beyond sad. I've lived in this city practically all my life, 50 years of it in the same house and I'm now afraid (where I've never been scared before) just to go from work to home. The poverty in some neighborhoods probably feeds some of this, but it's more than that. There are too many grandmothers raising children because the parents have their own issues. Too many single mothers and missing fathers. Too damn many guns which are far to easy to acquire. Guns have only been legal here for the past couple years (the city lost all court cases trying to keep them out), but you can purchase one just outside city limits which can be across the street depending on where you live. I am so disheartened today.

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 11:09 am
Fact: Chicago Is More Dangerous Than Northern Ireland When it Was a War Zone

Ben Cohen on July 09, 2014

Over July 4th weekend, 82 people were shot in Chicago, and 16 people died in one of the bloodiest spate of shootings the city has ever seen. Amongst the victims were a 66 year old woman who was accidentally shot in the head (she thankfully survived), and a 14 year old boy who lost his life after police shot him for apparently pulling a revolver on them. Speaking with WGN, Rev. Jesse Jackson stated that the situation is so dire that the city is in “a state of emergency.”
To put it in perspective, during the (roughly) 31 years of conflict in Northern Ireland, a total of 3,568 people died as a result of the violence between Unionists, Republicans and the British military.
In Chicago, over 5,398 people have lost their lives in the past 10 years.
Chicago’s homicide rate has actually been falling year after year, but it remains one of the deadliest cities in America. Deprivation statistics in the inner city are shocking, with up to 60% of residents in some neighborhoods living beneath the official poverty line. But it is the easy access to firearms that makes the homicide rate what it is. Youngsters can buy an illegal gun within 5 minutes, making high schools some of the most dangerous places in the city. In 2010, almost 700 school children were shot in Chicago, with 66 of them dying. For comparison, London, a city with a much higher violent crime rate over all, sees around a quarter of the murder rate with a population roughly 3 times the size.
The difference? Owning a gun is legal in Chicago, and illegal in London. Killing someone without a gun isn’t easy to do, so the proportionally lower rate of homicides in London is entirely predictable despite its residents’ tendencies towards harming one another. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what steps Chicago could take to dramatically lower the number of shootings, but sadly the political and judicial will simply isn’t there.
Miller

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 01:34 pm
@JTT,
Ben Cohen?

Could this be the guy who advertised his Lincoln Park condo/apartment for sale for $2.5million in a recent edition of the NYTimes?

Anyone who knows Chicago, especially the SouthSide ( as I do ) knows where the gun violence is and is not in Chicago. For sure, this urban violence is not in the wealthy parts of the City such as the area associated with the likes of Lincoln Park or other upscale parts of Chicago. The area advertised in today's paper, stated that the neighborhood area around this residence is situated about 6 blocks from the L ( subway ).

Six blocks? I'll sit here and bet the people living in the Lincoln Park (NorthSide) area don't have to wear bullet-proof jackets to the subway in their neighborhood.

How many folks on the SouthSide of Chicago, areas not in Lincoln Park area
can make it 6 blocks to the subway, or even the bus stop without someone taking a shot at them.

Gun violence ( or any kind of real violence ) is not something new to the City.
It's been compounded today, by the absence of solid jobs for working folks, poor public schools, homes that lack both a father and a mother and of course the issue of drugs ( which has also been in the City for many, many decades.

Another major problem in the City, is the low ratio of Afro-American police to the Afro-American population( which is of the order of about 1 million).

Those of us who grew up on the SouthSide, went to school ( grade, high school, college, even postdoctoral work ) grew up in areas of violence and drugs and some how managed to survive. We did so, because we had good parents ( primarily good mothers ) who forced us to toe the line and shape up. The teachers did their best to keep us cool and respectful, but no one kept us in line line like our mothers . I'm sure that Mrs Obama , a native from the SouthSide would agree with me about that, as her mother managed to keep her children in line and to also provide them with a decent and warm home life.

If there is a reason (s) for the violence in Chicago it has to be poor family life, poor education, little opportunities to leave the City, inability of the Police to connect with the citizens on the SouthSide, little support for working mothers, who not only have to work hard each and every day, but also have to maintain a household of at times 5-10 energetic ( trouble-prone) kids in crammed-up apartments.

Do you think that 9 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment (often without air conditioning) in a slum area have any chance of making a decent life for themselves and their kids in Cities such as Chicago and Detroit?

I for one, think their only solution is to move far away from Chicago, to areas with decent jobs, and good schools.

One last thing...the drug issue in Chicago is not a new thing. It's been going on for many, many years, and even centuries.

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 01:44 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
Could this be the guy who advertised his Lincoln Park condo/apartment for sale for $2.5million in a recent edition of the NYTimes?

I hope not, miller. That would be completely anti-American.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 02:46 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
In my opinion, there is also the aging of all the "crack babies" of the 90s who are now teenagers and young adults....

That's interesting and hadn't occurred to me.
0 Replies