I am gay and i cannot handle it

dywc

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:23 am
Hello guys, I am almost 18 years old and I am gay. Because I was bullied as a kid, although I am very social, I have ended up with no friends, except from one, my cousin and we are like brother-sister.
It's not that she's not enough, not at all, but because she has a lot of friends she goes out very often, and she shares her time to each friend she's got. I know she gives me as much time as she can but since i have no friends I need more and of course that cannot happen.
You will say "Make friends man!"-it's not that easy. I live in a very small town and since I have been hanging out a lot with my cousin there's a roumor that I am gay. I am not feminine and you can't understand that I am gay. But who wants to hang out with a person that there's been a roumor of him being gay going on when you live in a very not at all open-minded society? NOONE.
So, I have no friends. I feel so alone. And I cannot do this anymore. I am stuck at home everyday. This is killing me and i cannot take it anymore. And when I go out for a walk on my own, I see friends hanging out and couples kissing and hugging, and I am that close at bursting into tears. I've never in my life been the person that cries or complains -NEVER. But this is tough. I don't know what to do! Although I next summer I'll be going to the university hopefully(!!!) , it's one year of loneliness and sadness. It might sound very idiotic to whoever reads this but I have thought plenty of times of killing myself. This isn't a life. I didn't live the happiest childhood because of the bullying I encountered. And my father hadn't been any supportive either. When i told him back at when I was 10 years old that they make fun of me he told me with an furious and being ashamed tone :"Why do they say you are gay? Do you wave your hands like a girl?" and things like that. I say that to show you that I cannot feel my family close to me. I rarely talk with my father anymore-we live in the same house!- and I feel nothing. He thinks that he can show me his love by buying me a mobile phone.
To sum up, I am alone, I have no friends and I cannot take it anymore.
I don't know what to do!!! Help please!

engineer

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:49 am
@dywc,
Go to this website and watch the videos.

It Gets Better
jespah

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:53 am
@dywc,
First off, I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you.

I'm going to guess that you're not in the United States, and that coming out is just not going to happen, or at least not until you get a lot older? I also take it that you'll be shamed or have other issues if you try to get counseling from a professional. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now. Sigh. One thing to keep in mind is that everybody, pretty much, has rough teenaged years. That may be small comfort but the truth is, even if you were not gay, you'd probably have some parental issue or another. So it's not just that.

It's great that you'll be in school in a year. School is a great way to not only meet more people of your orientation, but also just to meet people, period. You can reinvent yourself in a lot of ways. It can often be a wonderful time of a person's life. It's a year from now, but every day gets you closer.

In the meantime, I suggest going online like you are. There are sites where you can talk to other gay youths, but be careful as there are a ton of dating sites and it can be tough to navigate them and find what you need. I did some searching and found this one - http://www.teen-chat.org/gay-teen-chat.html but I urge you to do some Googling of your own, and be sure to not only look for gay chat but specify for teens or G-rated, etc. Because otherwise I think you'll be dealing with stuff that might be tough to handle, e. g. guys who are a lot older than you, coming onto you.

There is also pursuing chat or forums that follow an interest of yours that has nothing to do with your sexuality. If you like, I dunno, World of Warcraft, or rap, or French culture or whatever, there are usually sites where you can discuss such interests. You won't necessarily meet other gay youth, but you'll meet people with whom you share a common interest. Just like you're friends with your cousin, you might find some people who you are simpatico with.

And speaking of your cousin, is it possible to hang out with her when she spends time with her friends? I don't mean all the time; just sometimes. You might find that you enjoy the company of some of her friends, too. She's already vetted these people; it is considerably easier to make new friends when you have an in like that.

And hang in there. I am certain that it is difficult, and it is lonely. But there is a campaign here in the US called, "It gets better." Maybe check out a few of their videos. Those people have been where you are right now. And they have a positive message for you.

I wish you well.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:53 am
@engineer,
Ha, GMTA!
0 Replies

RagingThunder

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:43 pm
@dywc,
Ok man, Here, You figured out that you are gay. You like Mens, Emotionaly and Sexualy, I wont bother you with links and else. I will tell you something, Im gay, I know how u feel and first of all u have to learn to love and acept yourself just the way you are. When you do that, Then your pain will be decreased for minimum 50% trust me. Wink If you need help, Here is my Email, Feel free to send me message Very Happy [email protected]
0 Replies