getting anxious

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:14 am
I always find myself getting anxious when i think about the future, what i want to be, what my parent wants me to be, wether I made a right choice or not and things like that. How can I get rid of this?an
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,862 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:40 am
@ellakhall,
Basically, what you might be experiencing is a normal reaction. Teen/adolescent life has its pressures...especially while your facing graduation from one school to another or to college and/or dating, etc. Anxiety is part of the maturation process and coping with life.

Have you yet had a discussion with one of your parents, a trusted family friend, teacher or school counselor? What do they say about this level of anxiety?

How are your grades? How do your family and/or friends reacting to your behavior?

Anxiety isn't so much gotten rid of, exactly. What you learn to do better is how to cope with it...and acknowledge and even anticipate it. Once you know it's OK to be anxious (a bit), you'll find it less of a problem.

Now, in a different direction, if what you're currently experiencing is a departure from your usual behavior...and you suffer from anxiety that is out-of-control or keeping you from functioning in every day routine, that might need some help from your parents or psychologist or school counselor.
0 Replies