Am I the most hated A2K member ever?

oralloy

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:48 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
You never met chjsa.
Lucky you!

Chjsa is a good guy. (I hope all is well with him.)

Why in the world would you suggest luck in not having met him?
oralloy

@roger,
roger wrote:
Yeah, but chjsa was an easy "Ignore".

I enjoyed reading his posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
Happily, I haven't met coldjoint,

Happily??? I've not read every thread he posts in, but coldjoint certainly seems like a nice enough fellow.

Can anyone articulate any coherent objection to his posts?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:11 pm
@oralloy,
Hey oralloy, I'm sure coldjoint appreciates your endorsement, but unlike nono, maybe he's not interested in inviting the invective that is almost sure to follow your question. There are a lot of people in this forum who don't agree with his opinions and that's enough to put him in the running for "Most Hated," add to this his acerbic style and disinterest in gentility, and you have a member who is not likely to be voted "Forum King" at the next A2K Reunion.

The fact that you specified "coherent" objection, by no means assures that this is what you will get.

He might not have a problem replacing nono as the punching bag for this thread, and he may even welcome a chance to spar, but I would suggest that the choice is more appropriately left to him.
coldjoint

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
his acerbic style and disinterest in gentility,

I think returning the favors afforded to me is more than gentile. You see people guilty of the same thing react badly.
oralloy

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
His was more obscene
toward the end of his posting experience in A2K.

Cjsha??? Obscene?

???
oralloy

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
He might not have a problem replacing nono as the punching bag for this thread, and he may even welcome a chance to spar, but I would suggest that the choice is more appropriately left to him.

That's a fair point. Apologies, CJ, for potentially causing the hatemongers to heap more of their bizarre intolerance on you.

Oh, and pleased to meet you. I've glanced over threads you've posted in before, but I don't think we've actually crossed paths before.

I may or may not agree completely with all your positions, but I'm not one of the deranged hatemongers. Whenever I disagree with something, I merely quote it and then explain my disagreement below the quote. So far I don't think I've seen you post anything that I've disagreed with enough to respond.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 12:43 am
@coldjoint,
Yes, you should always do unto others as they do unto you, and a sense of generosity requires that you provide more than you receive.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 02:36 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The irony there is killer--get a mirror and repeat that while looking into the mirror.
You've been trolling after my posts for quite some time now,
hoping to get a rise out of me.
Well, I 'll plead guilty to that.
I like to play with your enraged, indignant pomposity.

Setanta wrote:
You, however, are the puling hypocrite who attempts to claim
the moral high ground, and immediately descends to personal slurs.
Its kind of fun to act as a counter-bully
in contemplation of some of your more egregious excoriations.

Setanta wrote:
You really need to try not to be so angry and resentful when you post here.
Thanks for your advice, but I don't see it that way, Mr. Setanta. I feel in good & cheerful spirits.
In on-line fora, as in the real world, people have disagreed with me thru out my life.
Their taking other points of vu has not moven me to anger, nor to ad hominem denunciation.
I enjoy debate; I always have. It need not be accomplished in a spirit of ill will.

David
OmSigDAVID

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 02:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
His was more obscene
toward the end of his posting experience in A2K.

Cjsha??? Obscene?

???
It is undeniable that toward the end of his
posting history in this forum, he employed obscene language.
It sounded as tho he had gotten mad for a few months before he ended. I dunno Y.

David
oralloy

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 03:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
It is undeniable that toward the end of his
posting history in this forum, he employed obscene language.
It sounded as tho he had gotten mad for a few months before he ended. I dunno Y.

I don't recall the obscene language. But I confess that I could well have filtered it out as superfluous to whatever point he was making.

It looked to me like he just suddenly stopped posting one day without warning. I had feared his sudden demise.

But it is comforting that you perceived him growing angry before he stopped. Perhaps he is doing well and is just not posting here anymore.

I am sure that he is grateful that all that horrific anti-gun legislation was defeated (at least on the federal level) after that school shooting.
fbaezer

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 11:00 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Chjsa is a good guy.

A person who rejoices and mocks another person because his father has a severe mental illness is not a good guy.
And that is only one example.

Saw coldjoint's profile. I don't think he is chjsa
Setanta

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It's hilarious to see you refer to pomposity--Mr. Civility Incarnate.

Your nasty remark about C.I. had nothing to do with me, don't try to weasel out of that.
oralloy

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:51 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
A person who rejoices and mocks another person because his father has a severe mental illness is not a good guy.
And that is only one example.

Not necessarily. There are a number of leftists on a2k who treat conservatives that way as a matter of routine. And a still greater number of leftists who give such bad behavior a pass and treat the perpetrators as reasonable people who are doing nothing wrong.

I don't know about the event that you are describing, and I may not even know who the targeted poster is if you named him/her. But based on your description, my first guess is that Chjsa was engaging in justified retaliation for a similar, unjustified, attack that was made against him.

Maybe Chjsa mistakenly vented his wrath on someone who didn't really deserve it. But I'm sure that if that is the case, it was an honest mistake.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 07:17 pm
@nononono,
Mr. Green
glitterbag

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I never understood what the green face emoticon means. Any hints.
cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:58 pm
@glitterbag,
Mr. Green I find it humorous.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:40 am
Would anyone care to guess why our brain dead website moderators had just now mark this thread with the NSFW flag?
djjd62

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:46 am
@BillRM,
probably because it might pass a corporations censors, but it may also be flagged and cause someone problems if their caught surfing at work, many jobs prefer you do your job and not play on the interwebs all day
OmSigDAVID

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:54 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
It's hilarious to see you refer to pomposity--Mr. Civility Incarnate.
One of your favorite words; OK, have a good laff.
I want u to be happy.

Setanta wrote:
Your nasty remark about C.I. had nothing to do with me,
Yes. It did not. At least YOU have a mind,
and a pretty good one, at that.
He does not. He is no loss; worthless.
Note that I have never impugned your powers of analysis.
I respect your intelligence. I just wish that u were POLITE.
U appear to think that 's asking too much.

Do u admit that u like being rude to people on-line ?

Setanta wrote:
don't try to weasel out of that.
I won 't.

David
0 Replies