how to find a father I have never known

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 11:10 pm
My mother was Vietnam and now past over, my father who I never knew was an afro-american soldier working in thailand. My mother said he was an airman 2nd class working in the radar section of the american air force in
NKP. thailand.. I only have a blurred photo of him quite slim and glasses,
she said the time frame was 1972-1976 and he had gone to the philipines for a small time.. she also said the name Cleveland and that he lived in New York I am a lady born in 1975
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,024 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 05:25 am
@coffeehuck,
Since your mother is dead, you may need to get creative. Are there old letters or diaries? What about friends or siblings of your mother who you could ask? What's your birth certificate say? You may very well need to hire a professional, as there are not a lot of leads, plus the search would likely have to be international in scope. But try these other methods first.

Also, you might want to get your DNA analyzed. Ancestry.com offers them (among many other providers). I cannot comment on the price, or the breadth, depth, and accuracy of the testing, but at least they don't appear to be scammers. I am suggesting this not only for your own peace of mind health-wise, but it might give you some clues if, say, you are a sickle cell anemia carrier (because that could mean that you have relatives with the full-blown disease), or the test percentages come up as overwhelmingly Irish, you may find you have a lot of white relatives.
0 Replies