Tool fan here....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:34 pm
Yeah, I like Tool as well.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:42 pm
So are they going to make any more records? A Perfect Circle is just a side project, right? I saw Tool last year and oh my god, it was pretty f*cking cool.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:58 pm
Tool is the best live band I've seen. They're incredible. They play so tight.

I just saw Perfect Circle a few weeks ago, too. And yes, Tool is still together.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 03:05 pm
I agree completely. And that last record was just about the best thing I've heard in the last ten years.

Intense.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 03:06 pm
The best live band I've ever seen was Lyle Lovett's Large Band, but they're far from headbangers.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 03:07 pm
OK, I'll buy Tool's album. Someone buy Craveman and get back to me to compare notes.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 03:28 pm
cjhsa wrote:
OK, I'll buy Tool's album. Someone buy Craveman and get back to me to compare notes.

get the one with Prison Sex.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:17 pm
That is a great album..."Undertow."
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 08:24 pm
Tool is good, but I like A Perfect Circle more. 3 Libras is one of the most beautiful songs I know of. And Draiman has good yells Kicky? Draiman has God yells, God yells. But my advice to all of you is to invest in some Zakk Wylde. Start the collection with Book of Shadows, my all-time favorite CD, and then move on to Sonic Brew or 1919 Eternal. My advice is good advice guys, very good advice.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:10 pm
Hey cjhsa, I bought a Nuge greatest hits CD today. I was kinda mad to hear that other guy sing on some of the songs. However, the CD was quite a bargain, got it for only 7 dollars.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:53 pm
Who? Derek St. Holmes? Sometimes it's kind of a relief when Nugent doesn't do the vocals. Nuge does the vocals for just about all of Craveman and sometimes he's just screaming. I think he's losing/lost his singing voice. The guitar work is second to none though.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 01:55 pm
Hmm, Zakk Wylde will never lose his singing voice. Just reinforcing my earlier advice.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:02 pm
If I could give two pieces of advice to the Nuge, it would be to stop hogging the vocals and get rid of the "everybody's gotta cum at once" finales. I enjoy the meat of the music enough to just ignore it. Seriously, get Craveman, and let me/us know what you think of it.

I'll consider Zakk Wylde, Tool, and A Perfect Circle for my next music purchase.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:12 pm
If you go with Zakk Wylde, get either Book of Shadows, Sonic Brew, or 1919 Eternal.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:13 pm
1919 Eternal and Sonic Brew are under Black Label Society, but Book of Shadows was done under Zakk Wylde. Kinda tricky, but just ask the shopkeep for Book of Shadows by Zakk Wylde, he can figure it out.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:18 pm
I typically shop at Amazon for music. Free shipping on orders over $25 - with gas at $2.30/gal it's worth it. Plus, Tower is overpriced and you cannot find anything at Target (the music section is a mess).
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:00 pm
I go to Soundshop, not sure if it is a local chain or what. But it's pretty good. I really hope you buy Book of Shadows. I want to know if it is really that great, or if I'm just weird.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 12:11 am
I steal all my music off the net. Shocked
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 09:17 am
kickycan wrote:
I steal all my music off the net. Shocked

Grr, I hate you people.
0 Replies