The History of Muslim Spain

Ahmad

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 06:07 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ahmad wrote:
no one asked me or the arabs or the muslims about our opinions regarding these rules, no thank you, I dont recognize something I had no say in it.

Interesting opinion - what about the Finnish laws or the TOS of this site?

we are in the virtual world, we have yet to see universally accepted laws and regulations that govern how someone behave over the internet.

I am not aware of any finnish laws neither the TOS of this site prevent me from using red fonts, after all, if these fonts were not allowed why they are made available to us in the first place ? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 07:00 am
Ahmad, I'm afraid you are missing my point. My posts about Syria were meant to show you the other side of the medal; that it's not all innocence played by the Syrian government. This time it was Syria; the next time I could have criticized Israel, the Netherlands, South-Africa, Japan or Algeria. It doesn't matter. It was no personal attack on Syria. And what I also want to ask you: did you read the post of ADL? It's about anti-Zionism, but more, also about anti-Semitism in the Syrian media. Just a quote:

Quote:
...which is in definite contradiction to Talmudic tales Netanyahu believes in and to his despicable racism

I don't care about the anti-Zionism actually, as long as it based on something. But I do care about anti-Semitism.

Ahmad wrote:
Quote:

At least one of the latter is a Jewish news source. But do you think, when you read it, it is not objective? Point is, Ahmad, that concerning this issue, there seem to exist mostly Jewish articles. This does not mean it is necessarily propaganda; it can as well mean that only Jews or Israelis seem to want to report on it.

So are you saying no one else on earth reported it apart from the jews ?

My humble advice to you is to read the Holocaust industry book, it is amazing insightful book written by a jew about how other jews exaggerate and falsify some historical events to gain compensations and support.

I'm not saying no one reported it besides "the Jews". My point is, that from what I conclude from your posts is that, concerning a topic Jews are involved, Jewish media can't totally be trusted. My point with my link was, that Jewish media is not necessarily pro-Israel and anti-criticism. But I'll bet there are dozens of non-Jewish media who report it as well.

Thank you for your advice for the book. If I have the time, I'll read (doesn't that sound lame...).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 10:24 am
Ahmad

I just referred to your "no thank you, I dont recognize something I had no say in it".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 12:57 pm
Reviving this old thread with some news:
Quote:
Spain offers Sephardim new deal on citizenship
By Adam Feinstein, November 29, 2012

In a landmark decision, the Spanish government has ruled that all Sephardim — the descendants of the Jews expelled from Spain in 1492 — will be able to acquire Spanish nationality wherever they live in the world, provided they obtain accreditation from the Spanish Federation of Jewish Communities (FCJE).
The ruling was announced in Madrid on November 22 by the Spanish Justice Minister, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón, and the Foreign Minister, José Manuel García-Margallo.
[... ... ...]
There are around three million Sephardim around the world. Most live in Israel, the United States, France and Turkey but there are also sizeable communities in Latin America, especially Argentina, Mexico and Chile.
The Madrid ruling was welcomed by Sephardi communities worldwide. Osvaldo Sultani, of Argentina’s 60,000-strong Sephardi Federation — the largest in Latin America — said: “This measure, which we have been requesting for so many years, fills us with joy. It is an honour for all Sephardim and represents recognition for a people who have never forgotten Spain in 520 years and have never forgotten their language.”
Source
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:41 am
@Ahmad,
that happened in the big "cities" but not in the numerous towns and villages all over the spanish kingdom, in fact i was born in the north of spain, where spanish people managed to contain muslin invasion and numerous archeologic findings reveal a complex net of public bath facilities and draining pipe system. Every civilization has gone through glorious and dark times; at the moment you were high as a civilization, as Spanish had been before and was afterwards.
I love what all the civilizations that conquered us left us as heritage, but don´t commit the mistake of belittle the autochthonous culture you conquered and subdued... iberos and celtas after being exploit by fenicios, griegos, cartagineses, romans, barbarians, visigodos, arabs, betrayed by napoleon, suffer a war due power games between european monarchies, national territories exchanged as payments for belic support causing spanish commercial key enclaves being lost and national territory claimed other country´s property, .... and so on and on we can affirm we are not the result of one culture influence, but quite the opposite: we are the result of a culture unfortunately populating a privileged territory for commerce with mediterranean societies and atlantic ones ( having a high diversity of weather providing a rich range of cultivation and farming that made us a target to conquered and took advantage of,) that had to survive through one invasion after the other and came still unique as a country.Al- Andalus was a colony you had to give back to its right owner as we had to give several countries in south america. Thank for all the good things you left us... it was a long and overdue visit of yours to our home
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:43 am
@Ahmad,
al andalus is not spain... it´s Andalucia a Comunidad Autonoma in the south of spain
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:44 am
@cavfancier,
Castro??!!!! are you mixing Spain and Cuba?!!!
0 Replies