Please check the correction of my sentences.

imsak

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 01:03 am
1. She has been living with him for over 5 years without marriage. She is, so to speak, his wife in all but name.

2. In all but name, Thailand has already become dictatorship.

3. Since there has been military coup in Thailand, and as yet the junta hasn't handed back the power to the thai people, has Thailand, in all but name, been dictatorship rather than so-called democracy?

Are the three of my sentences passable and grammatical?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 917 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 01:47 am
@imsak,
Corrections in red.

imsak wrote:

1. She has been living with him for over 5 years without marriage. She is, so to speak, his wife in all but name.

OK

Quote:
2. In all but name, Thailand has already become dictatorship.

In all but name, Thailand has already become a dictatorship.

Quote:
3. Since there has been military coup in Thailand, and as yet the junta hasn't handed back the power to the thai people, has Thailand, in all but name, been dictatorship rather than so-called democracy?

Since there has been a military coup in Thailand, and as yet the junta hasn't handed back the power to the Thai people, has Thailand, in all but name, been a dictatorship rather than a so-called democracy?

imsak

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:20 am
@contrex,
Thank you very much.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 07:49 am
@imsak,
Quote:

3. Since there has been A military coup in Thailand, and as yet the junta hasn't handed POWER back power to the Thai people, has Thailand, in all but name, BECOME A dictatorship rather than A so-called democracy?

imsak

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 07:28 am
@JTT,
Thank you.
0 Replies