Should I tell the college I'm applying to this?

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:51 pm
A few years ago I caught mononucelosis. Because of this, it eventually also led to depression in which my doctors prescribed me antidepressants. So, for these few years I've been feeling extremely fatigued and have been unable to keep my grades high. Should I tell the university that I've been sick? I've heard that they wouldn't like having somebody with a mental illness such as depression, with all these school shootings going on, but these occurences did really bring my grade down.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 836 • Replies: 2
No top replies

luismtzzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 12:28 am
@Goldname,
Well i do not think that your university could forgive bad grades using sickness as an excuse. So why telling the university?

On the other hand i would be more concerned about the fatigue. Your mono should be resolved by now. Unless you are suffering a relapse or you could have another disease. You should seek more medical help, i recommend a second opinion. Ask to peers or family members for a trustable med on your area and go for a check up.

Many diseases can be confused with depression. I could easily give you a list, but you rather look for an objective dyagnosis in person. Again the best solution is a second opinion.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 12:33 am
Everybody gets a bit depressed now and again so there's no need to tell anybody..Smile
0 Replies