Is it wrong for someone to ignore you after an argument

Ch1Ch1

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:22 am
Now we have all wished we could be somewhere else during an argument and sometimes may even wish to disappear completely afterwards, especially if it didn't go very well but when is it ok (if ever) to check out of a very personal and important discussion with a family member or loved one. It it ever really ok to remove or distance yourself from someone you love when times get tough and if so why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 535 • Replies: 5
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:56 am
@Ch1Ch1,
This is too vague for me.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:36 am
@Ch1Ch1,
Ch1Ch1 wrote:
when is it ok (if ever) to check out of a very personal and important discussion with a family member or loved one. It it ever really ok to remove or distance yourself from someone you love when times get tough and if so why?

I was going to say that it is OK to check out of any discussion with anybody at all, family member, loved one, complete stranger, whoever, whenever you feel you don't want to continue the discussion. That is a person's right. However that is a rather general answer. I don't know which side of the discussions you are on, and who the other person or persons are, and whether you are an adult or a child, or what the discussions are about. All these things would affect my answer. So don't take what I wrote first as permission to walk away from a teacher or parent when they are telling you things you need to hear.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:46 am
@Ch1Ch1,
sorry, i checked out somewhere in the original preamble

what was the question again?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 05:06 pm
@Ch1Ch1,
Quote:
Is it wrong for someone to ignore you after an argument