Growing violence on SF streets.

Lash

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:20 pm
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2014/07/watch_this_guy_with_a_knife_ch.php
We've seen this happen a few times.

If this footage had started a couple of minutes earlier, you'd have seen a few of the taunters standing on that older Asian guy's hood, dancing. Sometimes, there's a driving infraction, such as pulling to far into a crosswalk and getting stuck there during the "walk" light. Sometimes, you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The common behavior is masses of people around the age of the mob in this scene, attacking a car, jumping on it, hitting it, kicking it. Most of the time, the mobs I've seen are black. Most drivers don't get out. This guy did.

It pisses me off that the writer and editor chose to malign the Asian guy/driver in the headline.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,171 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:09 pm
@Lash,
I'm late in my reading today, will check that one.

As you no doubt are aware, there are growing chasms happening - even I know that, only a reader now, not even a visitor. Not that this is related to all that, but I suppose it could be.

Most of my bay area friends (I include you) live outside the city proper (I don't know where you live, just putting you in the friend category) and the one who did live in the middle of it.. we managed to have a permanent silence after she insisted on coming with me to italy for a small part of my trip and then was a walking aggravation, and I suppose vice versa. So, I can't just ask her take at this point. I'd be interested, but she is probably out of there anyway, for financial reasons.
0 Replies