Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 01:12 pm
My boyfriend is separated for 3 years and divorced for 3 months. We been together 7 months, now he says he can't go from one serious relationship to another. Is divorce very different than separation I mean emotionally?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 978 • Replies: 8
No top replies

luismtzzz

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:40 pm
@amelie10,
Yes it is different. It is a hell of a rollercoaster.

It is natural that he has some issues. A divorce is really consuming. Emotionaly, physicaly, and spiritualy. Give him some time to recover, to grow, and to mature from the experience. There are great chances he may become a better man.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 04:00 am
@amelie10,
Rebound? Trying to fill the hole in life but unable to? Just passing time? Feeling sorry for himself?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:08 am
@vikorr,
Good questions, he could also be still in an emotional sort shock and a bit out of touch with his feelings. Not a good time to make any commitments.
0 Replies

amelie10

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 12:51 pm
@amelie10,
Thanks for all your answers. He said he needs time alone to sort out what to do with his life. I feel lost but I have to give him the space he needs.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 03:06 pm
@amelie10,
Yes. But beware.

You may have been his "transition" woman.

NOW he is free, free, free. That's different from still be attached to the past.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 03:22 pm
@amelie10,
So, you've been together for 7 months and he can't go from one serious relationship to another. To me, it sounds like being together that long is not serious to him. Is it serious to you? Personally, I think he's had enough time, but that isn't what you asked.

Yes, I suppose divorce feels different in the sense that one seems like a permanent change.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 04:33 pm
@amelie10,
Perhaps it is better that he doesn't commit to another relationship since his life has been drastically changed by the divorce.

I'm sure he needs time to sort out his life and emotions.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 02:32 pm
@amelie10,
I would think most people consider marriage as the ultimate commitment when it comes to relationships. Many people are ready to date after divorce...but not ready to simply jump into another commitment. That actually makes them smart. Still....you don't want to be the rebound person....
0 Replies