The earth is hollow

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:33 pm
JTT says:
Quote:
But you are to thick to note a spelling with a special meaning.

"to thick"? Don't give me crap about my spelling. I did in fact note your "perfesser" and made a jocular/snide comment about your snide comment about my spelling by saying I could even spell "professor", which seems to have gone completely over your head. Apart from that, what of my spelling are you talking about? I'm a lousy typist but a pretty good speller, and you seem to have the same problem (see above post)(I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, here).
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
I suspect, (outside chance auto correct) that I did indeed make a mental slip and spell 'too' as 'to'.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
Odd that you focus on that and provide no remark for 'cereal' killer, Mr fair and balanced.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
Im neither a good speller and a pretty indifferent typist but I hope you didn't think my spelling of"cereal" was serious??
It was a verbal tip of the hat at the cartoon with the dead bodies of Snap Crackle and Pop all bloodied and dismembered.

PS, I note that you didn't mildly chide JTT about his use of "to thick" rather than the correct adverbial of "too thick". Calling out spelling errors doesn't make anyone look correct, it just appears as an exercise in pettiness. JTT was always a master traducer so I just quit addressing his obsessive posts. Hes been that way ever since WWII didn't go his way.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 01:01 am
gotta say farmer, my breakfasts in general seem to be less gory than yours (never seen the dead snap, crackle, pop--that reference went right past me). I was riffing on cereal as a potential vehicle for drugs--putting them in sugar cubes is SO 1960s, and on JTT's taking me to task for my spelling, right after he fluffs one (still have no idea what he was railing about). No, as always, you're completely in the clear.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:22 am
@MontereyJack,
Ive been trying to find tht cartoon but no luck. Its a scene with a bunch of cops an a lead detective standing , looking over the dead body of "Pop'
and the caption was,
"Well boys, first we had Snap, then Crackle, and Now this. Looks like weve got a cereal Killer on our hands"

Ya know it coulda been n old Gary Larson, except his cartoon skills weren't up to producing very detailed drawings.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:34 am
@farmerman,
not the one you're looking for but cereal killer cartoons are all over the place

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksm/lowres/death-cereal-toy-free_gift-crime_scenes-serial_killers-ksmn1683l.jpg

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rne/lowres/law-order-serial_killer-cereal-breakfast-detective-cop-rnen93l.jpg

and they're one of the most popular group HalloweƩn costume puns around
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:42 am
@ehBeth,
That first one works on two levels of the definition of the phrase
0 Replies