Can you liberals defend this???????!!!!!!!!!!!

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:36 pm
Jeez, mysteryman, give us a break. You are perhaps the only person who has visited the site. Nobody else on here wants anything to do with it. It's your baby to do with as you please.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:40 pm
The left has not summarily declared hatred of the war but in the handling of the invasion and aftermath. Jefferson was and would still be a liberal by the true definition of a liberal. I consistently read posters on this forum who have no real idea the complexity of political factions so they resort to pidgeon-holing eveyone. If that is the scope of their understanding, I cannot take them very seriously.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:41 pm
Incidentally, there are conservative minds like Bill Kristol who have criticized the handling of the war.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:42 pm
Wilso wrote:
We DO NOT support that site. However I haven't seen one conservative who believes that the torture of prisoners is wrong.

Then you havent looked very hard.I have stated on several diferent sites that the abuse and possible torture that occurred was wrong,as have many other people.
Sean Hannity has said that torture was wrong,as has the president and others.If you cant find any,its because you havent been looking,or dont want to see.

SCoates,
I find it rather telling that you are attacking me,but you have NOT condemned that website.Why is that?

As for condemning the rightwing hate sites,you will see (if you bother to look) that I have condemned every one of them.I am a conservative,and those sites do NOT represent me or my values,and I have said so every time one of those sites is even mentioned.Those of you that know me can all attest to that.
But again,why are so few of you condemning that site?
You are shooting the messenger,but not condemning the message.That means that you either agree with the site,or dont want to disagree with another leftist.I had hoped that those of you that hate everything the repubs stand for would have the decency and courage to decry a site like that.I see I was wrong about some of you.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:43 pm
infowarrior wrote:
SCoates:

Sounds like you're having a really bad night. I hope things get better for you soon.

No, I'm just testing a theory that this new avatar is inoffensive. And therefor grants me a sort of offensive immunity. I mean, who could get mad at that plump pink face? ...or stay mad, anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:45 pm
Do we have to sign loyalty oaths to appease mysteryman? I thought McCarthyism was dead.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:52 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Do we have to sign loyalty oaths to appease mysteryman? I thought McCarthyism was dead.

I am not now,nor have I ever,asked for any type of "loyalty oath".
That is a silly,stupid,illogical statement,and you know that.
All I wanna know is why is nobody on the left condemning that site.
Why am I being attacked for pointing it out?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:54 pm
Go to bed.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:00 pm
mysteryman wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Because you come off like an insulting jerk. Suggesting that liberals in general would approve of such garbage is even more ridiculous than suggesting conservatives in general approve of prisoner torture. You found something hideous, great. If you'd like some agreement that it's hideous, by all means start a thread and you'll get plenty. But don't start off by accusing innocent people of supporting something that seemingly only you know about. That is idiotic.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:07 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Because you come off like an insulting jerk. Suggesting that liberals in general would approve of such garbage is even more ridiculous than suggesting conservatives in general approve of prisoner torture. You found something hideous, great. If you'd like some agreement that it's hideous, by all means start a thread and you'll get plenty. But don't start off by accusing innocent people of supporting something that seemingly only you know about. That is idiotic.

I accused nobody of anything.
I specifically asked if any liberal could defend it,I did not say that anyone on here was responsible for it,If you chose to read it that way,thats your problem,not mine.
But again,I notice that none of you are willing to condemn it.Instead you attack me.
That says quite a bit about the liberal mindset,IMHO.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:17 pm
"IMHO"?

Your opinion is obviously not humble. You're very full of yourself. The answer is none of us condone it, which is why none of us have or would want to give any arguments to defend it. You make me want to puke pink barf all over. How old are you? I'm just assuming I'm speaking to a kid. If that is not the case then you should kill yourself, because you obviously will never ammount to anything in this life. If you are not young, then your life has been wasted for you show none of the qualifying attributes of intelligent life. I'm sorry, I have to take that back, if you are by chance a talking dog then you are very intelligent for your kind. No offence, Bill, you know you'll always be the brightest talking dog in my book.

Mystery I am neither left or right wing, so my opinion is the most objective one here. And I can tell you very definitely, by a non-biased opinion that you are a crap-faced idiot, who is attracted to his mother, eats his own feces and obviously suffers from some sort of mental retardation as a result. Again that is a very unbiased opinion. Everything you says smells like poo. And not that caramely smell from high-fiber poo. We're talking rotting molding festering poo. the kind that fills your otherwise empty skull.

Again, please go to bed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:25 pm
I thought the site was quite offensive, but it's in no way typical of the liberals I know. Even AU is supportive of the troops, and he's about as liberal as I can imagine.

Wilso wrote:
We DO NOT support that site. However I haven't seen one conservative who believes that the torture of prisoners is wrong.

You're quite wrong, Wilso. That, or you just haven't looked.

SCotes, you are quite right. You're being quite rude tonight, and it really isn't for you to decide what opinions the rest of us may decide to share.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:36 pm
Re: Can you liberals defend this???????!!!!!!!!!!!
These are your opening remarks that were interpreted as offensive to liberals.

mysteryman wrote:
Are you liberals/leftists so full of hate that you can actually post this garbage.

mysteryman wrote:
Do you liberals hate so much that you have to post this garbage? Are you that full of hate?

Now, if you really think you were just misunderstood, you should appologize for the moronic questions you opened with.

Also, I think you might be the first person who ever accused me of being a liberal. Laughing
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:55 pm
Let me break it down for you, Mystery:

mysteryman wrote:
The site I found is a site designed to do one thing,insult the memories of the dead soldiers.

Join the club. We all do too.

mysteryman wrote:
Since it is the left that has stated a hatred of the war and denigrated everything about the war,it is a fair supposition to say that the left is responsible for that site..

Your logic, in this regard is simply retarded. It is NOT a "fair supposition" to say that the left is responsible for that site. A "fair supposition" is to say that some prick is responsible for that site.

It's like saying "Hitler didn't like apples. Liberals dont' like apples. So it would be fair to say that Liberals are like Hitler.
No, "Liberals" dont' like the war. That doesn't in any way mean they don't like the troops. If someone was constructing a building, and you hated it, would you take your blame out on the people hired to build it? I sure hope not. Their just doing their job.

mysteryman wrote:
I did not insult anyone on A2K,I specifically asked if anyone on the left could defend it.

Well, it seems to me that there are quite a few people here that consider themselves Liberals. Your question was blatantly insulting to Liberals in general. Of course they are going to take offense. If you said or implied something nasty about Puerto Ricans, I would be offended, as I am one. Get the point?

mysteryman wrote:
I notice that instead of being outraged or shocked about that site,several of you have attacked me for asking the question..

Because its a retarded question. They just skipped over that and went to the source.

mysteryman wrote:
So,I must assume that some of you think the site is ok,and are upset with me for revealing it.

Another idiotic assumption. I really hope your young and can grow out of this mode of thought. If not, do the world a favor and don't procreate. There's enough poison in the world.

mysteryman wrote:
There is no other way some of your statements can be read.

See above.

mysteryman wrote:
As for me being a liberal,I am proud to say I am a conservative.Yes,I do admire Thomas Jefferson,but I dont think he would be a liberal,not by todays definition of the word.

Good for you. Now grow up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:08 am
What is this nonsense?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:44 am
hi oss...lovely to see you.

Nonsense is what it is. I think the chap who posted it now knows that too, but he seems a bit too proud to admit his error.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 02:32 am
mysteryman wrote:
I am not now,nor have I ever,asked for any type of "loyalty oath". That is a silly,stupid,illogical statement,and you know that. All I wanna know is why is nobody on the left condemning that site.

How do you know no one on the left is condemning the site? Why aren't people on the right condemning the site I gave?

You seem to be burned ass-deep in hypocracy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 06:39 am
Quote:
Since it is the left that has stated a hatred of the war and denigrated everything about the war,it is a fair supposition to say that the left is responsible for that site.

I think you need to do some more research about who supports the attack on Iraq. It is not as neatly split into right and left divisions as you would like to suggest.

Quote:
I did not insult anyone on A2K,I specifically asked if anyone on the left could defend it.
No, you didn't. You asked liberals to defend it. Liberals are generally not left-wing on the political spectrum. They are to the left of the extreme right wing, but in the U.S., they are still right of centre on the political spectrum.

Quote:
I notice that instead of being outraged or shocked about that site,several of you have attacked me for asking the question.
So,I must assume that some of you think the site is ok,and are upset with me for revealing it.
There is no other way some of your statements can be read.
This may have to do with a deficit in reading comprehension you have, or your unwillingness to understand the difference between people you dislike and liberals. They are not necessarily one and the same. You seem quite politically naive, mysteryman.

Quote:
As for me being a liberal,I am proud to say I am a conservative.Yes,I do admire Thomas Jefferson,but I dont think he would be a liberal,not by todays definition of the word.

Thomas Jefferson was not a conservative. You'd be living a very different life in America if he had been. He was an extraordinary man, with liberal views of his world. He'd probably be stunned to discover someone like you wants to co-opt him as a conservative.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 07:13 am
MysteryMan,

Your post was a direct personal attack on a group of fellow A2K posters. It was both immature and offensive.

If your question was *would* any liberal defend it. The answer would have been "no" and we would have gone on from there.

But your question was "Can you liberals defend this ???????!!!!!!!".

The word "you" is offensive because it specifically attacks the people in this forum that you give the label "liberal" in a clearly derogatory way. As you can see we "liberals" don't have any interest in defending it.

The word "Can" is offensive because it implies that people you disagree with in A2K are responsible for this site. In truth none of us would have known about this site had you not posted it. We all find it offensive. But there are a lot of stupid offensive websites that I don't care to know about.

You use of punctuation portrays an immature urge to stick it to us people on A2K that you clearly feel superior to.

I condemn the site-- And I condemn the fact that you posted it.

Let's move on now.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 07:41 am
So who's keeping up with hockey? How about them Calgary Flames?
0 Replies