The Universe Explained In Under 3 Minutes.

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 06:37 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9fC3flXY5g
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,338 • Replies: 49

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:50 am
@mark noble,
sounds like an auctioneer.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:53 am
Explanations of the universe, energy, conservation principles, etc., by non-physicists, with no math are baloney. People who publish their physics first on YouTube have a bad track record. Please provide me with a link to the peer reviewed physics journal this appeared in.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 12:22 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Explanations of the universe, energy, conservation principles, etc., by non-physicists, with no math are baloney. People who publish their physics first on YouTube have a bad track record. Please provide me with a link to the peer reviewed physics journal this appeared in.

you really think that is better? I promise you, it is NOT!
and besides that, your talking about math and physics is mad.
math prevenst people from understanding physics.
And well, there is indeed no time. How can it be.
It is an illusiooooon,
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 01:12 pm
@Brandon9000,
Bran no offense but I'd incline to side with Que. Some of Einstein's early insights have been described as philosophical observations
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 01:14 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Bran no offense but I'd incline to side with Que. Some of Einstein's early insights have been described as philosophical observations

But how wrong he was!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 01:15 pm
@dalehileman,
Im fully with Brandon. This guy is merely playing wordy-jerk. Hes a candidate for late night radio with all te Alien seers and ESP douche bags
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 01:55 pm
Being inspired to explore the nature of the physical universe is one thing, but actually coming up with the theory without any physics, without any math, and publishing on YouTube instead of a peer reviewed physics journal is foolish and worthless.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 01:56 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Here's Einstein's original relativity paper translated into English. Doesn't this look like physics and math?

https://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/
dalehileman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:12 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Doesn't this look like physics and math?
Thanks Bran for that link. I was thinking more of his earlier ruminations:

For Einstein, insight did not come from logic or mathematics. It came, as it does for artists, from intuition and inspiration.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/imagine/201003/einstein-creative-thinking-music-and-the-intuitive-art-scientific-imagination
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 07:24 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Doesn't this look like physics and math?
Thanks Bran for that link. I was thinking more of his earlier ruminations:

For Einstein, insight did not come from logic or mathematics. It came, as it does for artists, from intuition and inspiration.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/imagine/201003/einstein-creative-thinking-music-and-the-intuitive-art-scientific-imagination

He may have gotten a few suspicions that way, but the actual theory is done with physics and math, isn't it? People who publish non-mathematical cosmology on YouTube instead of in peer reviewed journals will never be correct.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 11:09 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
He may have gotten a few suspicions that way, but the actual theory is done with physics and math, isn't it? People who publish non-mathematical cosmology on YouTube instead of in peer reviewed journals will never be correct.

I understand that is what people think. However it is not true.
And the 'peer review' isn't what you think it is.
It is censorship the way it is done.
And don't forget this, the world of 'modern science' is full with ghostwriters!
They have to because they are selling us lies after lies after lies after...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 12:04 am
Why would any sensible person exchange posts with the above poster? Do you really need to enable him? Certainly no good can come from an exchange with him.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 01:16 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Why would any sensible person exchange posts with the above poster? Do you really need to enable him? Certainly no good can come from an exchange with him.

and..yes......again an Ad Hominemmmmmm, by lack of arguemnts no doubt.

I really thought this was a place one can discuss things, even if people don't agree with what is being written.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 02:49 am
How can anyone 'explain' the universe in under three minutes, when getting the math to understand things like Lorentz manifolds, de Sitter space, Minkowski space etc would take considerably longer?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:03 am
The hallmark of crackpot physics by untrained people is that it lacks any math or reference to actual physics except at a minimal layman's level.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The hallmark of crackpot physics by untrained people is that it lacks any math or reference to actual physics except at a minimal layman's level.

And tell me why you think that is?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:12 am
@contrex,
Quote:
How can anyone 'explain' the universe in under three minutes, when getting the math to understand things like Lorentz manifolds, de Sitter space, Minkowski space etc would take considerably longer?

those 'spaces' arent really that important. You see, the theories of Einstein ( Lorentz etc) is obsolete. It doesn't wotk.
See the other thread about Einsteins nonsense.
contrex

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:18 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
those 'spaces' arent really that important. You see, the theories of Einstein ( Lorentz etc) is obsolete. It doesn't wotk.
See the other thread about Einsteins nonsense.

The nonsense is coming from you.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 10:39 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
The nonsense is coming from you.

That is only your interpreation of what I am wrinting.
0 Replies