The Universe Explained In Under 3 Minutes.

dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 11:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
You see, the theories of Einstein ( Lorentz etc) is obsolete.
Que can you give us an authoritative link confirming this assertion
contrex

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:35 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
You see, the theories of Einstein ( Lorentz etc) is obsolete.

He can't, in fact he doesn't want to. He is a (probably teenaged) "attention troll". He has a pathological need to get attention, so he starts stupid threads with subjects that many people are going to disagree with, e.g. "The earth is flat", *Einstein was wrong" etc just so he can have fake "arguments" with people, and thus get his fix of attention. A pathetic inadequate retard.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 02:09 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
He can't, in fact he doesn't want to. He is a (probably teenaged) "attention troll". He has a pathological need to get attention, so he starts stupid threads with subjects that many people are going to disagree with, e.g. "The earth is flat", *Einstein was wrong" etc just so he can have fake "arguments" with people, and thus get his fix of attention. A pathetic inadequate retard.

Well, that is one explantion with the intention to keep your belief systems intact.
However, we are being lied to since the day we were born and probably before.
Of course a lot sounds bizarre. However that doesn't mean it isn't true.

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 02:10 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:

there is already a thread about the nonsense of einstein and the nonsense of 'modern science'
dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 03:57 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
...already a thread...
If truly authoritative Que, why not provide a link
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:41 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
If truly authoritative Que, why not provide a link

no problemo

http://able2know.org/topic/241797-1
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 12:24 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Thanks Que for that link. While it's far beyond my capability to assess, I note only one comment since early April so wondering how authoritative it might prove

Meantime would someone who understands stuff like that please summarize in language suitable to the Average Clod (me)
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 05:31 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Thanks Que for that link. While it's far beyond my capability to assess, I note only one comment since early April so wondering how authoritative it might prove

Meantime would someone who understands stuff like that please summarize in language suitable to the Average Clod (me)

Relativity has been accepted by scientists all over the world for over a century and has been confirmed in thousands of experiments. For some reason, you're wasting your time talking to a troll.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 06:59 pm
Under the weather, so I have spent most of the day watching Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawking on Netflicks.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:27 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Under the weather, so I have spent most of the day watching Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawking on Netflicks.

They're both so interesting!
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:12 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
They're both so interesting!

Really? You are pretty sure he is not working for MI6?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:15 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Relativity has been accepted by scientists all over the world for over a century and has been confirmed in thousands of experiments. For some reason, you're wasting your time talking to a troll.

well, first of all, calling someone a 'troll' because someone has a total different opninion, is well,..you know.

That the scientist accept something doesn't make it true offcourse.
(appeal to popularity)

Has confirmed? Really? A lot of people have accepted this at face value,
and overlooked a lot of the problems with these experiments,
but if you take a closer look it isn't true at all!

but you can see more at the relativity debunked thread,
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:21 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Relativity has been accepted by scientists all over the world for over a century and has been confirmed in thousands of experiments
Yea Bran I realize that. I was asking if anyone could summarize the article by Rao which Que provides to the contrary
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:55 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Relativity has been accepted by scientists all over the world for over a century and has been confirmed in thousands of experiments
Yea Bran I realize that. I was asking if anyone could summarize the article by Rao which Que provides to the contrary

Why do you even consider what he says or links he posts? If he says that 2 + 2 is 5 and we're all morons to believe anything else are you going to investigate that? He's a troll. Everything he says is worthless.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 09:11 pm
@mark noble,
Don't need three minutes; think atoms.
contrex

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
He's a troll. Everything he says is worthless.

Everything he says is intentionally worthless.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Everything he says is worthless.

Realy? Only because you don't agree upon?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 01:56 am
@Brandon9000,
I am so glad that I spent the time with them because I did not take physics in high school out of sheer terror. I listened to the conversations my kids and their friends had as one by one they took physics and really lived the information and relished the new way of thinking.

I got so much more out Tyson's 6-part series, "The Inexplicable Universe," than I thought I would. When he talked about William Herschel's discovery of Uranus and how a raft of cultural suppositions first kept him from acknowledging there was another planet in the solar systems (planets are seen from Earth, unaided) and then how he imagined that Uranus would be just like earth, I thought it was a great illustration of how our culture can keep us back, can limit us.

Plus, I like the fact that both men are atheists.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 05:00 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I am so glad that I spent the time with them because I did not take physics in high school out of sheer terror. I listened to the conversations my kids and their friends had as one by one they took physics and really lived the information and relished the new way of thinking.

I got so much more out Tyson's 6-part series, "The Inexplicable Universe," than I thought I would. When he talked about William Herschel's discovery of Uranus and how a raft of cultural suppositions first kept him from acknowledging there was another planet in the solar systems (planets are seen from Earth, unaided) and then how he imagined that Uranus would be just like earth, I thought it was a great illustration of how our culture can keep us back, can limit us.

Plus, I like the fact that both men are atheists.

Learning physics or one of its descendant engineering fields does, as you said, teach one a new way of thinking - a way of thinking invented by Isaac Newton. I found it quite amazing when I first took physics in high school. I have tried several times to describe to my wife the change it causes in all one's thinking, but one really has to experience it to fully understand the phenomenon.

It took Kepler a lot of years of staring at data to finally conclude that the orbits of the planets were ellipses, rather than circles, because it went against the prevailing view of his era that objects in the heavens were perfect.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 07:43 am
@Brandon9000,
while Newton was wrong, very wrong.
0 Replies