first night away after his affair

mrsebo

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:08 am
Hi, im new to this site but im after some advice. I found out about my husbands affair 4 months ago. The usual story, they met at work, she gave him the eye and he wasnt getting the attention he "needed" at home from his wife who works full time, is a dedicated mother and goes to college, but hey ho i should have been molly coddling him all along.
We are working through it and im slowly learning to love him again but my issue now is that i have a night out with friends that means im staying away. I havent left his side besides work for the last 4 months and im terrified of going away for this night. I feel sick at the thought of not being with him, can i trust him? will he call her? will he think "look, she is leaving me for friends so its ok to call this woman?", i truly feel like im not ready for this but will i ever be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,199 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 02:52 pm
@mrsebo,
First, just FYI, I am not a professional.

But you probably can't helicopter this, know what I mean? If you are going to trust him again, then you actually need to. Question: what is he doing to try to reestablish trust with you?
0 Replies

Nark Mobble

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:04 pm
In Wales, we just get even.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:14 pm
Go and have some fun. If he's going to cheat on you, it won't be so obvious.

PS - when you smother him, it means you don't trust him. That is very demeaning to him. I know you are hurt, but you have got to let this guy get back to a normal life.
0 Replies