What are your thoughts on sexting?

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:17 pm
Hi Smile
So I'm 21, never been in a relationship or had sex and I joined a dating site in January hoping to meet someone for a relationship. I began talking to this guy beginning/mid March and really want to make a good impression. I'm not the type of girl who would give anything away easily and am proud of this. I spoke to him for a about a week through the site and felt comfortable giving him my number- we have literally been talking every night since. By April he seemed to want to begin sexting. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing it and and he seemed ok with this. He has told me that he liked my shyness about this but would like to see a little bit of naughty. By June I began to come around to the idea and actually enjoyed it - however I am worried that I have now made a bad impression on myself! Do you think I have made a mistake or is it possible he is still interested in a long term relationship with me? Thanks for your help Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,843 • Replies: 5
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:33 pm
@Laughing93,
Just remember, texting is forever. Anything you send anyone by text or email (or any other digital form) can be seen by anyone. Same with video chat (which can easily be captured and shared).

I don't know enough to make a judgement about this relationship. But I would recommend against doing anything online that you wouldn't want seen by the world. If you want to see if this relationship will work, you should arrange an in face meeting in a public place and then proceed from there if things go well.
Laughing93

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks for your answer. I completely understand about the consequences if someone else seeing them. I'd just like to know how it probably looks to the guy I'm sexting. Would he see me doing this as slutty, even although we have been chatting for 3 months, is it likely he will still be interested in. Relationship with me?
0 Replies

Laughing93

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 05:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Hi, thanks for replying! I totally understand the consequences and it's just sexting - no pics, no vids just words ( though I understand this is not totally safe either). We are looking to meet each other face to face but we live about 2 hrs apart and he is in the process of buying a car. I'm interested about whether he is likely to view me as slutty because I have now sext him. Also will he expect that I will easily sleep with him now because I would prefer to make him wait! Basically have I made a bad impression of myself?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:22 pm
I suggest that you at least MEET this guy before getting so familiar with him.

Tone down all the sexting until you at least find out more about him.

Really, girl!!

0 Replies

CutesyLolitaLizzy

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm
@Laughing93,
I think sexting is perfectly fine. Why would it affect whether or not the relationship is long-term or not? I'll be honest—my girlfriend lets me have sex with anyone I want to, so no one I've had sex with so far have meant anything more to me than a friend, and sometimes not even that. However, not even THAT is damaging to the relationship I'm in.

Also, sex is a common thing in relationships, so how would just sexting have any effect?
0 Replies