is wife cheating on her iphone

sam105

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 02:03 am
Ok I've been married for 18 yrs have 2 grown kids have had a fairly good marriage including romance passion sex. My wife is conservative type old fashioned we have discussed infidelity but she assures me she would never cheat problem I have is that for the last few months she basically lives on her phone if I walk out of house she's straight on it if I walk back in she puts it down sometimes her body language is very restless so recently I sneaked up behind her I noticed that she logged out of one facebook account then into another as I was getting closer my ankle bone cracked & she immediately turned it off & put it down so after that I was certain I couldn't not say anything so I asked her straight out if she was cheating she totally denied it & said how could I even suspect her well the distance in our relationship for last few months no romance no sex her being on phone all the time but she says she only looks at people's postings but I see her texting no affection from her so I apologized for suspecting I felt terrible but I've noticed she still on there the weirdest thing is she don't let phone out of her sight she turns off alert she faces phone down always she sta where no one can see screen then if phone is near me & she walks out of room she'll take it with her today I came home from night shift I hoped in bed as she was hoping out to get ready for work her phone was next to me on bed when she realized she grabbed it & took it into the ensuite with her to have a shower that really made me think something wrong here we have always said that if one of us cheated that the cheater leaves with nothing I've always been the bigger breadwinner so & provided her with a good life so I'm not sure what to think anymore I'm useless with technology & phones but I'd love to hear anyone's suggestions on how to find out if I'm right my gut feelings tell me I am if any women could respond would be good as u understand better how a girls mind works as men are from mars women from Venus please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,164 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 09:40 pm
@sam105,
I am not a woman but I will agree that her behavior seems to suggest that she doesn't want you to see what she has been writing. However, that doesn't mean she is writing to a lover. She could be writing to a friend and telling her how miserable she is in her marriage. That's not much of a consolation, I know, but there could be something with that you can deal with and repair.

There could be a number of things she is communicating with someone about that do not involve her having sex with someone else, but she doesn't want you to see. Some which may surprise you. Some people just don't like to have anyone looking over their shoulder, or may exaggerate or elaborate in a story told which would prove embarrassing if a person who knew the story first hand read it. Or she could be conversing about a career change of which she thinks you would not approve. The point is there are other reasons than an affair.

The fact that she has been distant, and there is no romance or sex in your marriage should be the focus of your concern.

I suggest you ask her to talk to you about it (without getting defensive or fighting); just the two of you, or with a counselor (who can't come up with magic answers but can help keep the conversation calm and on track.)

Trying to violate her privacy by hacking her phone or I-pad is only going to be of any value if your worst fears are realized, (and the dubious nature of that value is obvious) but if she didn't lie and she finds out you've been spying, you could really put the final touch on a troubled relationship.
vikorr

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yet sudden changes in behaviour are a great indicator of sudden changes in your life circumstances.

And going from passion & sex to no passion or sex, combined with sudden secretiveness and secret facebook accounts would not be indicative of 'an unhappy marriage'...because unhappy marriages (usually) build up (it can take years), with a gradual change in behaviour...while the scenario described is (relatively) sudden.

The only scenario where I can think a sudden change occurs (from a happy to unhappy marriage) is a sudden implosion from a loss of trust...and that's not what is described here.

Quote:
if any women could respond would be good as u understand better how a girls mind works as men are from mars women from Venus please help
With this, in relation to cheating...the indicators are roughly the same for both sexes, though usually women are better at hiding it than men.

http://affaircare.com/articles/all-of-the-signs-your-spouse-may-be-cheating/

http://divorcesupport.about.com/od/isyourspousecheating/tp/spousecheating.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/05/cheating-signs-_n_3542814.html

There's lots of other posts like this out on the net. I didn't check them.
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 05:27 am
I agree with Abuzz on this...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:32 am
@vikorr,
True, it's not necessarily indicative of an unhappy marriage, but it's frequently the case. It could be the result of health issues, work problems etc, but regardless of the cause (and in an effort to identify the cause) talking alone or with assistance seems to be called for.
0 Replies