Am I overacting

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:45 pm
sometimes it is good to get others opinions...Do you think that I am overacting and should just go with the flow....my partner has been working away for about 1 year, with some short weekend visits, he bought his own house and moved out of mine apparantly needed a break, now has gone on overseas holiday for several weeks. He keeps getting angry with me over very small things and blames me for everything that goes wrong, he says I wont try and understand, and that it is me that is causing problems. He also gets upset with my children from a previous relationship because they dont ask after him when he is away I keep telling him that he has to be around to gain any committment from the kids, but he seems to think that they are just selfish...When he is here I love him to bits, we laugh have fun and have a good relationship. He is just away so often that I just get on with my life. Should I be more understanding, I know I pick fights unnecessarily and seem to take things to heart but he is never here..

Should I just go with the flow and let him get it out of his system. Or am I right and he just wants his cake and to eat it to. I am thinking of saying to him, that I am OK with a part time relationship for fun without committment, but he needs to stay out of my family relationships, he cannot have it all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 459 • Replies: 2
No top replies

francocig

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:32 am
@kattie101,
You should go with the flow, he's not ready for a full-time relationship, he needs his space to clear his head because he's just feeling overloaded. He can't get recognition from your kids when he's not there. If he wants more time for himself and sort out problems with you and the family, maybe he needs a Monday to Friday job closer to home.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:33 am
@kattie101,
What are your expectations for the relationship? Does he meet them? Does he meet enough of them that you can overlook those he falls short of?

Do you know where he is when he is away? Are you able to reach him at anytime while he is away? Does he hide his expenses from you?

Only you can answer your question. Do the T bar exercise. Draw a line down the middle of two pieces of paper. Label one "staying in relationshi?p" and the other "ending relationship?". Label the columns on each page with Pro and Con.

Spend a few days making lists for each column and question. You'll find your answer there.
0 Replies