How to Achieve World Peace

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:00 pm
You have to love the peace-makers whose blueprint for World Peace is to force people to think and act in certain ways.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We would most assuredly not have the problems we are having if the USA wasn't a terrorist nation, Finn. It is that simple. The USA is supposed to be a free enterprise, capitalist society. Not even close. The wealth the USA has stolen because of its illegal invasions of most every third world country is staggering.

But please do go on in your delusions.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 01:12 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Religion is the root of all war...
Perhaps the United Nations will ban religion.
http://able2know.org/topic/50801-1
andrewmanley

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 05:06 am
@RexRed,
It is not an easy job..many great persons they tried a lot..but actually the are failed.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 05:16 am
A Cme (coronal mass ejection) combined with exhaustion of fuel sources would fix things.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:53 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:

As I have said before, I am in favor of religion banned in ALL schools world wide, kindergarten - high school... Only extra curricular (outside of school) as long as it too does not cause a problem...

But that ban must also be accompanied with added classes of health and manners.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 12:26 pm
Quote:
RexRed said: Religion is the root of all war...

Which religion? Surely you can't mean this one?-

"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
neologist

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 12:33 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:
RexRed wrote:
As I have said before, I am in favor of religion banned in ALL schools world wide, kindergarten - high school... Only extra curricular (outside of school) as long as it too does not cause a problem...

Are you including Buddhism, Rex? I believe the formulism movement included that, as well.

Or are Buddhists OK as long as they are healthy and well mannered?
JTT

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 01:28 pm
@neologist,
How come you can point out what you believe to be the truth about a certain religion, Neo, but you're silent on a country, the USA, that has caused and continues to cause untold suffering and death around the world. And for what - so it can steal others wealth.

Talk of evil.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 02:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What he should have said was all ultrareligious people are the root of all war. And it is true. Too many passages in too many religious books that can be misinterperted by religious nuts.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 03:23 pm
@RABEL222,
I tend to agree, but to be more precise, people who twist the teachings of religion to appeal to the worst in those of faith, so as to serve their lust for power.

I think a Taoist monk who spends his life meditating in a cave might be considered ultra-religious but not a potential cause of war.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 04:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
RexRed said: Religion is the root of all war...

Which religion? Surely you can't mean this one?-

"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

Yes, ESPECIALLY that one...

2 Peter 3:10 KJV
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Comment:
Feed the poor doom, gloom, armageddon and war... House the homeless in a temple of fear...

http://www.blackforestchapel.org/wp-content/uploads/FOURHORSEMEN-538x218.jpg

neologist

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 07:36 pm
@JTT,
Read Revelation 17-19. The first 2 of those chapters outline God's judgement on religion; 19 covers the political elements - all of them.

You like to focus on the US, bad as it is. There is no government with clean hands, however.
neologist

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 07:38 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
2 Peter 3:10 KJV
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
You really don't understand that one, do you?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 07:56 pm
@neologist,
There is no government with dirtier hands than the USA, Neo. Just look at the record. There is, has been no greater pretense.

Read this,

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article38498.htm
JTT

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:26 pm
@neologist,
This is interesting, Neo.

http://able2know.org/topic/247678-1
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:32 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

And he could have had flying monkeys shoot out of his ass, too.

We can't handle what is happening and you want to send troops to die over what may happen. And you won't go do your dirty work, you want guys like me it do it for you and mopes like you want the VA cut to shreds..

Saddam Hussein had had active nuclear and biological weapons programs for years. He had signed a treaty to allow the UN to verify that he had destroyed them, but after 12 years, still could not be persuaded to allow the inspectors free access to verify it. The UN had declared him in material breach of the treaty several times. He was known to be greedy and had already tried to conquer neighbors more than once. Believing that he might just have hidden the WMD programs rather than destroyed them was both plausible and believed by many world leaders including leaders of the Democratic party. This is hardly comparable to believing in flying monkeys.

You would say ANYTHING Brandon to perpetuate war... I hope to hell you are an active service member, that might seriously change your tune.

Commenting on the poster is not an argument. If you don't address any of the points I raise, you simply lose the debate.
JTT

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
Noting your grand delusionary nature is highly apropos.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:48 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Are you including Buddhism, Rex? I believe the formulism movement included that, as well.

Or are Buddhists OK as long as they are healthy and well mannered?

Yes I am including Buddhism. ALL religion! All religion has the potential to radicalize children.

Only evidence based science, arithmetic, biology, creative writing, earth science, physics, technology, constitutional government etc...

Buddhism was not immune to religious outside influence just as Christianity was not immune to the influence of Constantine and his God/men.

Even science "theories" (excluding evolution which is no longer a theory) should be relegated to high school level.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:55 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

There is no government with dirtier hands than the USA, Neo. Just look at the record. There is, has been no greater pretense.

Read this,

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article38498.htm

With great power come great responsibility. There is no excuse for the corruption of power.

A small country with this corruption though it may pale in comparison to the U.S. would only become a bigger country with this corruption.

As Neo said, no hands are clean. I (though not perfect in this regard) would suggest solutions rather than a perpetual hate soapbox.