How to Achieve World Peace

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 06:51 pm
This is a discussion about world peace and how to achieve it.

Please post articles about world events concerning peace and how peace is accomplished.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 10,636 • Replies: 132

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 07:42 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Please post articles about world events concerning peace and how peace is accomplished.

What do you do about the people in the world, the organizations in the world, and sometimes the countries, who are determined to get what they want and don't care who they have to hurt to get them? Some will respond to good will and reason and some won't. What do you do about the ones who won't stop taking what they want by any means necessary?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 07:48 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Enact law requiring EVERYONE to be armed to the teeth
so that potential aggressors will be afraid to attack
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 08:19 pm
I think education is the key.

Education needs a balance between religion and science. One part religion and ninety-nine parts science,

Parents, not clergy should be responsible for the religious part of those they are caring for. Schools should test for radicalization of children by parents.

Questions to children like, is your religion the only true religion?
Absolutely Not
Absolutely
I'm not sure

All clergy should be relegated to universities.

These religious universities would only be available in a student's spare time.

After school and weekends.

There would be NO religious indoctrination whatsoever in all schools WORLD-WIDE.

When our tax payer funded military went into Iraq I thought George W. Bush was going to ban all religious schools and mandate a NON religious/secular text book school system. I guess oil was too much on their minds.

THIS is the reason why Iraq is unraveling now and should be a lesson in Afghanistan.

We have these clerics who have turned brother against brother and we still allow them to dominate the educational systems.

If we have to go into a country and militarily liberate with our own country people's blood and sacrifice, well, liberate means breaking the clerical ties that cause religious tribal conflicts within its brainwashed people in the first place.

We have the same ugly clerical powers at work in the United States too under the guise of Christianity and other religious systems with their own religious laws that contradict our U.S. Constitution. When a country allows its government and people to be consumed by religious forces that promote superstition it begins to rot and decay.

The same thing for Libya, after we aided to "liberate" Libya we allowed radical factions to trump our wishes and come in and bring it even further into clerical submission.

This submission creates terrorists! We have tea party idiots running around with guns obeying the same radical submission under the name of another tired old God. It is time we curb the influence of religion in our culture and those that we supposedly liberate. I did not say extinguish religion, God forbid! Get religion out of ALL of our schools and make it an extra curricular endeavor. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!

This separation of religion from government is our government's duty to its people! Liberty cannot exist within the confines of an oppressive religion. Our children are shooting each other in schools because religion has made a mockery of these social institutions. There is no clarity of purpose, whatever clarity is obtained, religion comes in and steals it away. It creates an insecure environment for learning.

Liberty is not just the American Dream, it is the same dream that all people instinctively feel and desire before they are brainwashed by some cleric with a holy book.

Only with docile education in science and some history is the mind and soul of a person truly fulfilled.

All countries need to stop radicalizing their religious factions and their military.

Religion for the most part should be stripped and sanitized from our military. ALSO, it is sacrilege to kill in the name of a god!

Do you all want some commandments?

Thou shalt not mix church with state
Thou shalt not exalt religion over your civic duties
Thou shalt obey the constitution of We The People

This is what needs to be taught in ALL schools covering the entire face of the earth.

Psalm 33:12 KJV
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD

Comment: This scripture in Psalms and others like it in other religions are the greatest lies ever told and this is why we have war.

I have heard theologians say, we will not have world peace as long as the devil is alive.

It is the worship of some God that legitimizes this devil... The devil and God come in the same package. You will never see a devil without the blaring light of a religion.

Oppressive religion in education is terrorism...

Had we changed course in Iraq with education, Iraq would have an entire country of their own secular "millennials" to foster a social coherence rather than a fractured, incohesive hodgepodge of religious mind control and social mistrust miscreants.

If Americans are going to give their lives in Iraq the least Iraq can do in return is to stop indoctrinating their children with religion and turning them into terrorists.

One might say that the people who are in Iraq fighting are insurgents. These insurgents came from some madrasa that beat religion into them so hard that they became terrorists...

Proverbs 22:6 KJV
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Comment:
This is the key to radicalization of people. Yes teach them how to use a guns and hate others of all other religions. They would rather blow themselves up "than depart from it..."

Radicalize you child in the way of the lord and they will become a one track minded Tea Party hypocrite voter...

The key words are, "will not depart from it."

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.", EVEN IF SCIENCE AND COMMON SENSE PROVE THEM WRONG! they will not depart from it.

Time to rid our public schools of any and all religion and relegate it to extra curricular studies.

Oh and that thing about "freedom of religion"? Indoctrinating children with it in school is far from "freedom" considering the knowledge that this will radicalize a young mind and "they will not depart from it".

FOR this reason children should be sheltered from religion until they are old enough to make a more informed decision.

Religious public schools are unconstitutional and a determent to free societies...

Religion is the root of all war...
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 08:22 pm
Do you suggest that only Christianity should be taught in these schools? It seems to me that religion has been the cause of some of the war.
RexRed

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 09:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Do you suggest that only Christianity should be taught in these schools? It seems to me that religion has been the cause of some of the war.

No religions should be taught in any schools, I suggest children be, for the most part, "free from religion" until they get to an age to decide for themselves.

They should be taught science language and secular history.

Freedom of religion should be extended to children and not just adults.

To indoctrinate a child into religion is a violation of "their freedom of religion" because they are too young to make an informed decision. They are also susceptible to it to the point of becoming radicalized by it more so than when they become an adult .

Just like is is harder to learn a language once you get older. It is harder to radicalize an adult if they have a secular science educational foundation.
giujohn

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 09:29 pm
I'll give ya a hint....Think John Lennon and the song, "Imagine"
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 09:34 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

No religions should be taught in any schools, I suggest children be, for the most part, "free from religion" until they get to an age to decide for themselves.

They should be taught science language and secular history.

Freedom of religion should be extended to children and not just adults.

To indoctrinate a child into religion is a violation of "their freedom of religion" because they are too young to make an informed decision.
I can agree with that insofar as a kid VETOing a parental choice of religion,
but IF that rejection does not happen, then the parent's choice shud prevail
in regard to religious education.

David
RexRed

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 09:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It is a good parents responsibility to shelter a child from religious indoctrination rather then being the ones strap a suicide vest onto them...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:08 am
@RexRed,
That 's not a good dichotomy,
but I 'm not disposed to argue religion itself on-line.

Rights related thereto: OK
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 08:19 am
Judges 9:15
And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

Comment:
This is a parable and I may interpret it differently than others may interpret it.

The bramble are our rebellious youth who are indoctrinated by religion.

If we anoint a religion as king and allow it to rule over science, the bramble (religious intolerance) will start holy wars of ideology and burn even the cedars of Lebanon (revered institutions of science, higher learning and Constitutional government)....

Religion uses fear of its shadows to exalt itself above evidence based learning...

We do not anoint kings in our time, we vote them in and they are a reflection of the people's will.

If we allow the people's will to become radicalized by religion then our democracy and higher leaning will become consumed by the fires of subjective religious dogma and intolerant hateful religious laws...

The pillars of society are only as strong and secure as its secular government and people.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:39 am
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10440841_281209685394247_382039249933204150_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:13 pm
The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science (Official)
Peter Boghossian talks about the processes for dissolving people’s faith; how a relativist mindset, particularly in academia, allows society to succumb to flawed and dangerous received wisdom; and how the dangers of faith as a mode of thought exist throughout society not just within the context of religion.

Listen to the interview here: http://ow.ly/y0w55

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10440241_10152425895855155_695986958006921612_n.jpg
georgeob1

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:14 pm
More sappy nonsense and platitudes from the lonely, pathetic purveyor who specializes in them - to to the exclusion of everything else.

Someone should ask him how he plans to enforce all the prohibitions and mandates that he imagines will create his perfect fantasy world. How will he deal with those who don't agree and insist on something else? How will he achieve the centralized power required to do all this in the face of an unruly, argumentative humanity? How will he control or limit the excesses such concentrated power might yield?
djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:43 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Meteor

Earth

Meteor Hits Earth

Total Extinction

Peace Achieved
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:43 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

More sappy nonsense and platitudes from the lonely, pathetic purveyor who specializes in them - to to the exclusion of everything else.

Someone should ask him how he plans to enforce all the prohibitions and mandates that he imagines will create his perfect fantasy world. How will he deal with those who don't agree and insist on something else? How will he achieve the centralized power required to do all this in the face of an unruly, argumentative humanity? How will he control or limit the excesses such concentrated power might yield?

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:52 pm
@RexRed,
I don't agree with everything Peter Boghossian said. The interview sort of dribbles out of bounds towards the end. Critically thinking university assemblies should not be subjected to a speaker spewing out (unsubstantiated by evidence) hateful religious dogma. It is insulting to the students.

Michele Bachmann speaking at a university defiles the very marble pillars it is built upon.

Teach the controversy? No. Teach evidence based science. THAT is the very definition of "education".

Anything else is religious indoctrination.

georgeob1

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:40 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Michele Bachmann speaking at a university defiles the very marble pillars it is built upon.

A stupendously stupid, mixed metaphor.

Have you read Aesop's fable about the Mice and their problem with the Cat?
RexRed

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:50 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

RexRed wrote:

A stupendously stupid, mixed metaphor.

Have you read Aesop's fable about the Mice and their problem with the Cat?

I am sure I have read the fable long ago, I will look it up. I can't imagine it will convince me to hang Michele's picture next to Einsteins. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:35 pm
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10410235_10152200152221872_7936796674193977232_n.png