Did I stick my foot in my mouth?

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:44 pm
My girlfriend and I just recently got back together after a small seperation.

During the seperation she did date/talk to another guy. Just kissing no sex. Well the other night while I was at work in San Diego and she was back home in Detroit I noticed some thing was strange by the way she was being short with me over the phone.

The next day I asked her if she has seen or talked to him and she said no. Later that evening I asked her again and then she told me the truth, that he was in the area and his car broke down and that he stayed the night and that they did kiss.

I, myself heart broken knew this other guys number. I had called him up to ask him if he knew that her and I were back together, he stated "no I didn't know that" I told him that her and I have been back together now for a little over a month and that her and I have been intimate. He stated that they had never even had anything close to having sex. He too was under the impression that him and her were talking still/dating. I told her that I was going to tell him cause it was only the right thing to do.

I have not spoken to her since this occured. I forgive her for what she did to me, but did I screw up in letting this other guy know what the deal was?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 925 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:50 pm
Erm, some may disagree with me here, but I think you did the right thing. Keep in mind though, you don't need a girl who is going to play these kinds of games with you. I would say, forget the forgivenesss and move on. She is clearly manipulating two men.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 01:22 pm
cav is again, with his psychic (spelling?) self, on point.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:03 pm
While I think I would have done things a little differently, you've arrived at the correct destination. He knows, you know, and she knows you both know. Besides, she doesn't really have any reason to be mad at you, so there's nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:10 pm
This girl seems to have an unhealthy need for attention. She's enjoying playing one guy against the other, IMO. I'm glad you called the other guy Mike. You did the right thing. Move on...she seems to be trouble. You can find women like her on the Jerry Springer show nearly everyday. :wink:
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:10 pm
You did not screw up by telling him at all...you watched out for you and your fellow man...

A woman would have done the same thing for one of her friends.

Before i was married i dated a girl who had another boyfriend...but our relationship was more long distance...

But i was around her one night and didn't have my car so she picked me up and took me where ?

TO HER BOYFRIENDS HOUSE....

He was away for the weekend...now you talk about creepy. I didn't lay a finger on her at that house. I was spooked out.

So i paid her one last visit before i headed out to California from Pennsylvania. She used to call me all the time but the more i thought about it i didn't want to be some side interest.

So i gave her 30 seconds over the phone to decide quiz show style then hung up for good.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:15 pm
"A woman would have done the same thing for one of her friends."

Hmmm - but this fella was NOT a friend.

I tend to keep my big beak out of such matters.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:46 pm
I thought you did the right thing. You had a right to know, and went to the source. You didn't have to give him the info about your relationship--but it wasn't a lie, or something dishonest you did. You gave him a heads up--a sort of courtesy.

She has no right to be angry with either of you. She opened herself to this. You merely SAID what she DID.
0 Replies