Am I Alright?

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:17 pm
Someone please help me.
I weigh 130lbs, and I took 200mg of zoloft.

Will I or will I not go into serotonin syndrome?

Or should I be okay?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:42 pm
@darthtig,
Don't ask us this stuff, call your doctor's office and talk with the doctor or nurse.
Since it's Saturday, if they don't answer, you might talk with your pharmacist. Not the pharmacy tech, the pharmacist.

In any case, why are you taking a med when you don't know if it is a dangerous amount? Become informed, and not from a website of many different people around the world, but from your health care providers.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:45 pm
@darthtig,
If you not disingenuously trolling for answers, don't waste time trying to get medical information from people who aren't qualified to tell you how to blow your nose properly.

Call your equivalent of 911 or poison control center or the pharmacy hotline on the medication bottle.

http://www.aapcc.org/static/images/bkg/footer_name.png
http://www.aapcc.org/
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 06:01 pm
OMG...and you can still type??? CALL 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 07:18 pm
@giujohn,
Tell us all about your medical background, you squirrel, very unlikely. Even so, not ok re terms of service.

Don't play with people posting this kind of thing here.

You think you are funny?
giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:

You think you are funny?

Hysterical actually...I kill me!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 07:43 pm
@giujohn,
I get that, but sometimes people are serious. We already make fun of new people all the time, not a fine point for some, and laughing if they may be serious can matter.

Please don't **** someone up to be cute, especially if you are not a pharmacist or m.d.
chai2

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:18 pm
@darthtig,
darthtig wrote:

Someone please help me.
I weigh 130lbs, and I took 200mg of zoloft.

Will I or will I not go into serotonin syndrome?

Or should I be okay?

Are you perscibed zoloft?
If so, how many mgs?

If it's perscribed for you, for what reason?
If it's not perscribed for you, why did you take it?

Is this the only time you've taken it?

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:24 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

OMG...and you can still type??? CALL 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

If you've never taken it before, 200 mg would be a pretty big dose. It's the high end of what would be considered a normal dose.

Usually you start of at 25mg and titrate up 25mg at a time with at least a week between increases. You level off at the dosage that gives you relief from your symptoms.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:32 pm
@darthtig,
So what happened?

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Well in truth I offered no medical advice save the calling of 911 (tounge in cheek) I'm a pretty good judge of the situation and I doubt with all seriousness that this person actually took the meds.
chai2

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:34 pm
@giujohn,
and you know this how?
giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:47 pm
@chai2,
Because I'm very intuitve, have read her prior posts, and am old enough to be her grandfather (I would guess her to be 15) and probably your father.
A blind man with a cane can see she's just lonley and likes to start conversations just for the sake of establishing some discourse...nothing wrong with it but lets not get carried away. She's fine.

BTW she may really want to know what the results would be but she knows that if she had asked, "If I take 200mgs of Zoloft..." she would have been bombarded with, "dont do that", and," you shouldnt take any meds w/o talking to your doctor...." etc. So instead she says she already has taken them. Anyone who knows to ask the question about serotonin syndrome/toxicity would not have taken an over dose unless she was suicidal...and I dont think thats the case. And if Im wrong and she's dead then the argument is moot.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 09:18 pm
@chai2,
Yes, I am familar with SSRIs
ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 09:43 pm
@giujohn,
That's nice, you are older than some of us.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose.

In the meantime, you are not allowed here to give medical advice.
giujohn

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 06:43 am
@ossobuco,
Once again...I GAVE NO MEDICAL ADVISE. (even though I'm qualified to do so by virtue of my many years of playing doctor as a child)
roger

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 12:58 pm
@giujohn,
Does anyone really think "Call 911" is medical advice?

Guy goes to his doctor with a problem and tells him he first asked his pharmacist. The doc goes ballistic, telling the patient you can never trust their advice. Then he asked his patient what that quack told him. Yep, the pharmacist told him to see a doctor.
giujohn

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 01:40 pm
@roger,
Roger, roger...over and OUT!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 06:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Why isn't he allowed to give medical advice?
jespah

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 06:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
http://able2know.org/about/tos/#3c