Wife Having Phone Sex

leelem

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 11:03 pm
I recently found out that my wife of 17 years had been having phone sex for a couple of months with a lifelong male friend of hers. I found a couple of videos that she had made that she may have sent to him (one a bit racey and one saying that maybe they could get together sometime). Since I questioned her about the videos, she admitted to the phone sex but says she never sent the videos to him. She seems very remorseful and says she never meant to hurt our marriage. She also says that she has let him know that there can no longer be any contact between them because she values her marriage too much. We went to counseling two times and it seems to come down to me accepting that it happened and that it will never happen again and just moving on, I guess. We both have had previous marriages in which our spouses cheated on us and had conversations long ago about how much that hurts and how we would never do that to each other. I am having an extremely difficult time forgiving, trusting, and moving on from this event. We are getting along fairly well lately and continue to act as a married couple including hugging, kissing, sex along with the daily routine. It seems like she is past it all, but I think about it almost all of the time (almost). How serious were her actions and do I believe her when she tells me it was just phone sex and that it is over? Trusting her again is so difficult! Suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,017 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 07:15 am
@leelem,
Apparently your wife needs some spicing up with sex. Have you let your relationship get stale? You never mentioned WHY she did this. It sounds like she really liked the attention and excitement. You need to get that back into your marriage.

Time will be the great healer, here. In the meantime, why not have phone sex with her and let her send racey photos to YOU?

Learn to laugh this off as her acting out to get attention.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 07:40 am
Quote:
Leelem said: I recently found out that my wife of 17 years had been having phone sex for a couple of months with a lifelong male friend of hers

So what? At least she's not having the real thing with him..Wink
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 07:45 am
@leelem,
Quote:
Suggestions?

Give her a call.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 08:18 am
@leelem,
Once burned is tough. You are reacting normally as I see it.

But you probably should get past the hurt and emotion...and deal with it in a more intellectual way.

You and she apparently have a decent, fulfilling relationship.

Don't ruin something like that over this.

It may take a while to get over the hurt...but it will happen. Concentrate on the good things about the relationship...

...and why it makes more sense to preserve it than abandon it.

Good luck.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 08:27 am
Doesn't that create a hygiene issues regarding the phone?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 09:11 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
Suggestions?

Give her a call.

Perfect!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:31 pm
Quote:
Leelem said: We are getting along fairly well lately and continue to act as a married couple including hugging, kissing, sex

Good for you mate, no need to worry unless she starts calling out the other guys name
0 Replies

leelem

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 06:46 am
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions! Makes me feel better about moving on from this and maybe even improving my relationship with my wife!
0 Replies