have since corporations

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 05:29 am
Don't get what does " have since corporations" mean.

Context:

S: Good afternoon. I'm Smith, John Smith of the British Overseas Trading Co., London. I came to the Fair two weeks ago and have since corporations. I want to make use of my present visit to settle our claim on you for the 100 tons of Bleached Cotton Waste, as per Sales Confirmation No. 1250E.

==============================
s/s = same size?

S: I hope so. We're very sorry to have cause to complain about the quality of the cotton waste you shipped to us by s/s"Mette Skou". We have written you save letters on this subject. No doubt you have received from our London office the outturn samples of the inferior quality cotton waste as well as well as our letters giving full details of this claim.

PS. Do you know what is Mette Skou? Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 551 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 06:06 am
Both are deplorable examples of English composition. I have not the foggiest notion of what the writer is attempting to convey with the expression "have since corporations." It makes absolutely no sense in English, and i strongly suspect it is not written by a native speaker of English.

The abbreviation SS means steamship. Therefore, if properly written, SS Mette Skou means the steamship Mette Skou. So, Mette Skou is simply a name of the steamship. Both of these notes are appallingly bad English.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 06:46 am
Thanks for inspiring Idea , Set!
0 Replies