Have you ever felt ripped off by a dentist?

chai2

Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Yep.

This dentist said "I'm glad you didn't let them talk you into that.

At the end of the exam he said, the fillings that you have from your childhood will eventually have to be taken care of (that's why I'd gone to him prior, for a cap). However, he finished with "but that might not be for 10 years."

It's nice working with someone with integrity.
Linkat

Thu 29 Jan, 2015 10:06 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

At the end of the exam he said, the fillings that you have from your childhood will eventually have to be taken care of (that's why I'd gone to him prior, for a cap). However, he finished with "but that might not be for 10 years."

I had a fairly young dentist once that said a similar thing. He said that I have fillings from when I was a child that although they call them permanent will eventually need to be replaced when you are much older probably around in your late 30s or older.

Then just because I enjoy embarassing people -- I told him I am in my late 30s.

Great to see the young doctor blush and blubber.
0 Replies

alan212

Thu 14 Apr, 2022 04:33 pm
@chai2,
We all have had bad experiences when it comes to trying something new. Unfortunately, I had one such experience with a new dentist in town. Everything was advertised so professionally that I didn't even think twice to confirm their information and check their credibility. That was my big blunder because I could have avoided the whole event if I had done my homework.

I picked up my phone and gave them a call. A gentle receptionist answered and walked me through the whole process. Her tone was very calm, reassuring, and pleasant, which blinded me further. I booked an appointment for the next week. Thank god I only got my teeth cleaning done from them; who knows what could have happened if it was something more serious. The day for my appointment came, and I got there a few minutes before the allotted time. I guess I wasn't the only one who was successfully fooled by the false advertisement campaign because the clinic was packed with patients!

The receptionist called my name, and in I went into the room. The dentist, Mary, greeted me and asked me to sit on the chair side of the dental engine so that we could get started. As soon as she started cleaning away the tartar around my gum lines, my eyes watered up, and the inside of my body couldn't stop screaming. I think she ran the machine on my gums more than the teeth. I was bleeding profoundly, and I swear the pain was unbearable. I know because I have got my teeth cleaned before. I couldn't take it anymore and told Mary to stop immediately, got out of the chair, and stormed out of the damn place. The dental office didn't even last a month before it was shut down.

Moral of the story; if your dentist is doing a good job, never replace them. Chances are, it will go badly.
0 Replies

wiktordziekonski

Wed 7 Dec, 2022 08:18 am
Not ever, my dentist is trustworthy.
0 Replies