relationship advise please

sam1920

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 06:06 am
I feel so insecure I have a boyfriend of nearly 3 years and heres the story.. he kissed my best friend about 6months into the relationship and I don't think it has ever went away but hes sorry and swore he would never do it again. Suppose its just up to me now to get over it. But heres the thing for the past year we have been having really bad arguments it usally starts with me complaining about something like him not doing anof in the house or forgetting to do something iv asked! but the fight always ends with him completely fipping out and he says the most hurtful stuff to me like, he doesnt love me, he cant wait to get rid of me, hes going to chat up other girls, how much of a bad mother I am and the list goes on. And to top it all off there is a few days of silence and he never apologies!! What should I do? I have tried talking to him he says the stuff he shouts in an argument are not true and only said to hurt me. But I heard the truth comes out when your angry do you think there is any truth in what he says...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 505 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 09:25 am
@sam1920,
Here's a secret that I hope will empower you.

It does not matter whether what he says when he yells is true or not. It does not matter if he is angry. It does not matter if you really aren't a perfect mother or whatever he is claiming.

All that matters is that he does this. And it hurts you. And you let him.

Do you want to be doing this for the rest of your days? Forget the kiss with your friend (despite the fact that it was horribly disrespectful). This guy just doesn't seem to see anything wrong with being nasty to you.

And you might not want to be listening to his crap anymore, when you're 45 and have been listening for 20 years and you've been so worn down by his animosity that you think there's nothing else out there for you.

Seriously consider whether fixing this relationship (assuming you even could) would be at all worth it, for you and your child(ren) and make your decision based on that.
0 Replies