Can I be pregnant?

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 02:51 pm
Hello, I am writing because for about a week I have been noticing white milky discharge on my underwear. It does not smell or anything, but sometimes it can be quite a lot. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend nearly 2 weeks ago, we used the pull out method...but we had done it 2-3 times. I am also bloated and feeling tired for a couple of days. I had never had a white discharge coming after sex and before my period. I am due in 10 days so I can't even do the pregnancy test cuz it will be negative anyway. Do you think I can be pregnant? I am 21 years old..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,580 • Replies: 6
No top replies

luismtzzz

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 06:03 pm
@Polishgirl93,
Well it can be possible but we have to do some calculations to have a likelyhood.
For every menstrual period the ovulation occurs once and the ovarice produce an ova that has only a 24 hour lifespan. The sperm on the semen have a lifespan of 3 days aprox. So to get pregnant a woman must have sex during a period of six days, 3 days previous oand 3 days before the calculated ovulation date. To get your ovulation date you must substract 14 days from the date of your last menstrual periods. The longer the registers you have of your menstrual periods the more accurate the result. So lets say last month your period was of 28 day, before that 29 and before 28, you substract 14 day to each, and gives you 14, 15 and 14, the mean will be approx 14.3. Assuming you are alway regular add forteen days to the date that you started your last menstrual period and it will give you you approx ovulation date. Having 3 days after and 3 days before increases greatedly the chances of pregnancy.

This is the date method, used to calculate the days you can have sex unprotected. I know by first hand that it is really boring. And it is very error prone.

Do the math. You will have two outcomes. Either you had sex on the danger days or you didnĀ“t.

Regardless of the solution you should do the next.
1: Do not have intercourse until the pregnancy can be ruled out
2: Do the urine test the day you espect you period but take the sample from the first void of the day (in the morning)
3: If you bleed do the serum pregnancy exam

It is very important (and very difficult) that you calm down. Pregnancy is almost completely asymptomatic the first 2 to 3 weeks since the pregnancy will be microscopical. Your symptoms are more likely to be from anxiety than from a baby.

I recomend you also to look for a doctor of your trust. Look for one that is eager to explain you everything on an easyway.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 08:25 pm
Catholics use the pullout method and they often have a housefull of kids, so go figger whether it's a reliable method..Wink
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 09:15 pm
@Polishgirl93,
Polishgirl93 wrote:

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend nearly 2 weeks ago, we used the pull out method.

Jesus Christ, go buy yourself some condoms and use them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 09:18 pm
@luismtzzz,
luismtzzz wrote:
To get your ovulation date you must substract 14 days from the date of your last menstrual periods.

this is a completely unreliable method of determining the date of ovulation
Chris-Zhang

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 09:38 pm
@Polishgirl93,
My best friend used the same method as you with her husband, but unfortunate, she pregnanted. So your method is dangerous.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 09:46 pm
@ehBeth,
I most say you are on a mistake.

It is reliable way to calculate the approximately day of ovulation for the date method. It is based on the biological fact that humas are animals that use an oestrous cycle divided in to phases. The proliferative and the lutheal. The proliferative on an ideal regular woman lasts 13 days but is is prone to become lenghtly or even shorter. It is highly affected by many means. But the lutheal is always stable it last 14 days and always lasts the same amount of time.

When a woman has a 32 day period it means 17 days of proliferative stage 1 day ovulation and 14 days lutheal stage.

Everything approximately. Thats why the more menstrual cycle registers the more accurate to have a correct approximation.

Many countries have free contraconceptive methods programs. I recommend an implant so you can avoid this troubles on the future.

And please i seem to recall the motto of this site is able2know ask an expert. Could we please try to help the people with their questions and problems instead of making hollow comments.
0 Replies